Lifestyle Visit

Lifestyle Visit

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 06:12 PM
Gold member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

Four days is a very short time to make such an important decision. We did several months of research so that we had a good handle on the market and felt comfortable understanding home values. Before our home search we retained both a Villages realtor as well as a multiple listing service realtor and made them both aware of our home search criteria (maximum price (including bond balance), desire for some privacy, room to build a pool, etc... We then rented for a month and began our search. We alternated daily showings between the two agents and focused exclusively on homes that fit our criteria. After two and a half weeks of extensive showings (about 40 homes) we saw everything on the market that fit our criteria. In the end, we ended up buying the very first home we visited. When we first visited our home, we liked it but were not ready to buy without knowing it was the best option available at the time. After seeing many other homes, we went back for a couple of second showings and bought our home. Four years later, after adding a pool/birdcage, we have no regrets.

Old 05-23-2019, 07:18 PM

Last edited by Nonni252; 05-28-2019 at 09:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
My opinion
Old 05-23-2019, 07:31 PM

Default My opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzi View Post
Hubby and I are planning a Lifestyle Visit for August. We're interested in buying a home less than five years old, 2000 sf or larger, not on the golf course but a water view would be great. Any suggestions for how to make the best use of our time (four nights)while in TV? We already live in a 55+ community so we know we like the lifestyle - we just need to narrow down the area that's right for us. We'll rent a car in addition to the cart provided. We haven't finalized the plans yet so I don't know which village they'll have us staying in.
You state you have four nights. Not sure why you are applying that pressure on yourself. If, that is the time limit for the lifestyle visit, you say you have a car, surely with a major decision you can justify staying in a hotel for a few days. As to the lifestyle visit, I think you are applying the pressure on yourself. We used it three times, not sure what you can do now. If, I recall the second time we did not get a free movie, diner I don't recall. You are not coming here for a free movie.

As to a water view, Depends on what you have in mind. Water view? Are you expecting a lake or a drainage puddle?

As to 2000 sq foot. We have 2200 sq ft and it is two bedrooms,
an office and two baths. Reminder there are no basements.
We have a two car garage plus a golf cart garage. Plan, my plan was to have a small boat. Well, my shop stuff is in the golf cart section. Wife's golf cart is in the second garage and our car is in the first garage. I sure miss my basement.

You state you and your husband. I would suggest you both write down what you want what you can or wish to spend and then see if both of you are on the same page. For example, many people like a center island in the kitchen. I hate them and find they are in the way. You may like it many people do.

Brokers you will find they will show you places that do not fit what you want or think you want. The truth is many people do not know what they want. Same as you are exploring the villages the broker is forming opinions about you. Sort of a matchmaker-customers and available homes.

RELAX. The old line-If, you don't have the time to do it right the first time you better have the time to do it again. It applies to most things including buying a house.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:16 PM

No pressure Daves - just getting a feel for TV on our first visit out there. We have other communities to see and we'll spend more time in the future after we've narrowed down our search. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Ask for Chris Hallmark to be your Villages sales representative. He's extremely good at listening to you and finding what you want.

Worcester (Wistah) Massachusetts-52 years
The Village Of Amelia The Villages Fl -September 09-
June 10, 2013 Gilchrist
The Village of McClure November 7th ,2018
We are "Frogs" as of 08-21-2011
Old 05-24-2019, 08:23 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilmacowen View Post
We go to the squares about 5 times a week for the past 12 years.
As do we.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 05-24-2019, 12:54 PM
Gold member

Get The Villages GPS APP.
Lifestyle Visit
Old 05-26-2019, 10:55 PM

Default Lifestyle Visit

I have read through most of the other posts and generally they are spot on. There is no one perfect spot to live down here in The Villages. Quite a few people get moved down here, meet others in the various organizations in which they choose to participate, and then realize that maybe they might be happier in a home in a different location. That happens. You may get down here and find a brand new area being built that tickles your fancy! As an example I got moved down here, met some of the friendliest golf buddies, most of they live south of 466A, which hass caused me to think on more than one occasion about moving down south around 466A. Meanwhile, I am happy!
Closed Thread

Tags
lifestyle, visit, narrow, community, nightswhile