Lifestyle Visit Villa Location

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-17-2020, 08:30 AM
Misky1951 Misky1951 is offline
Member
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Woodbury
Posts: 55
Thanks: 0
Thanked 26 Times in 8 Posts
Default Lifestyle Visit Villa Location

Where are the Lifestyle Visit villas located? I went to TV website, but I couldn't find the location. I remember that they were located at LSL.
  #2  
Old 01-17-2020, 08:40 AM
JSR22's Avatar
JSR22 JSR22 is online now
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,153
Thanks: 477
Thanked 991 Times in 353 Posts
Default

The new location is next to Brownwood.
  #3  
Old 01-17-2020, 09:01 AM
John_W's Avatar
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,364
Thanks: 2,112
Thanked 2,889 Times in 1,134 Posts
Default

Alden Bungalows, that is a higher end courtyard villa (CYV) community with the entrance on Powell Road. It's just west of Brownwood Square between 44A and Grand Traverse Shopping Center. You will be about a 2 minute cart ride from the Publix. If you do drive the cart, don't cross Powell Rd on the street level, there are two tunnels. You might want to check out MVP Health Gym, it's the large brick building at Brownwood you pass before anything else. McAlister's Deli is just past that building and they have a nice lunch selection of sandwiches. The satellite map on this link has the villas centered. Those CYV's at LSL previously used have been sold off over the past 2 - 3 years.

Google Maps

Last edited by John_W; 01-18-2020 at 09:46 AM.
  #4  
Old 01-17-2020, 09:34 AM
charmed59 charmed59 is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 568
Thanks: 48
Thanked 289 Times in 108 Posts
Default

I’m surprised they haven’t moved the lifestyle villas south of 44. The lifestyle near Brownwood and the lifestyle near Fenny are not the same. You’d think they’d want to show-off the features of the Southern villages lifestyle.
  #5  
Old 01-18-2020, 07:25 AM
asianthree's Avatar
asianthree asianthree is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennacamp, Fernandinia 2 Frogs
Posts: 7,182
Thanks: 19
Thanked 1,120 Times in 433 Posts
Default

LSL lifestyle was used for years after Brownwood was built. We know many who come here do not have a car. Wouldn’t be smart to put them in the new area without a square or grocery
__________________
Do not worry about things you can not change
  #6  
Old 01-18-2020, 08:45 AM
champion6's Avatar
champion6 champion6 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 5,102
Thanks: 3
Thanked 606 Times in 246 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
I’m surprised they haven’t moved the lifestyle villas south of 44. The lifestyle near Brownwood and the lifestyle near Fenney are not the same. You’d think they’d want to show-off the features of the Southern villages lifestyle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
LSL lifestyle was used for years after Brownwood was built. We know many who come here do not have a car. Wouldn’t be smart to put them in the new area without a square or grocery
And the new area lacks golf cart access to the areas north of Rt 44.
  #7  
Old 01-18-2020, 10:30 AM
rwfisher1969's Avatar
rwfisher1969 rwfisher1969 is offline
Member
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Village of Winifred
Posts: 80
Thanks: 774
Thanked 30 Times in 20 Posts
Default Alden Villas

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Alden Bungalows, that is a higher end courtyard villa (CYV) community with the entrance on Powell Road. It's just west of Brownwood Square between 44A and Grand Traverse Shopping Center. You will be about a 2 minute cart ride from the Publix. If you do drive the cart, don't cross Powell Rd on the street level, there are two tunnels. You might want to check out MVP Health Gym, it's the large brick building at Brownwood you pass before anything else. McAlister's Deli is just past that building and they have a nice lunch selection of sandwiches. The satellite map on this link has the villas centered. Those CYV's at LSL previously used have been sold off over the past 2 - 3 years.

Google Maps
We stayed in an Alden Villa last August and it was fantastic! Right next to a square and easy access to the cart trails. As said above, they are close to shopping, restaurants and anything else you can think of.
  #8  
Old 01-22-2020, 11:19 AM
charmed59 charmed59 is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 568
Thanks: 48
Thanked 289 Times in 108 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
LSL lifestyle was used for years after Brownwood was built. We know many who come here do not have a car. Wouldn’t be smart to put them in the new area without a square or grocery
Most people who buy in the new area understood it would be a few years before they had cart access to squares, shops, groceries etc. They enjoy the serenity of being separate from the rest of the villages and love their area. I would think offering Lifestyle stays there would entice more of the people that like the new village lifestyle, rather than the old one.

Offering stays where you are a cart ride from squares and groceries is promoting the old village lifestyle, that is only available in re-sales.

We were the first couple that were put in the Alden Bungalows for a Lifestyle visit a over three years ago. Others we met at our lifestyle pickleball class were still at Lake Sumter. I appreciated them putting us where the new builds were. I found I wanted a more settled area, with shopping and restaurants built out, so decided against a new build. It did annoy my husband to no end, as he scrambled to find a few weeks rental near Sumter to convince me to come to the Villages at all. Now we’ve happily been here three years in a location that works for us.
Closed Thread

Tags
lifestyle, located, visit, location, remember

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 PM.