TV must be lengthening the time between mowings!!

Closed Thread
Old 07-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts
Default TV must be lengthening the time between mowings!!

The common areas along Buena Vista between Arnold Palmer CC and South are so tall the grass is going to seed. It looks terrible.

And I suspect there is an element of them not worrying too much about how it looks until they hear from some residents....and hopefully prospective customers.

Must be trying to save a buck.

btk
Old 07-18-2011, 08:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The common areas along Buena Vista between Arnold Palmer CC and South are so tall the grass is going to seed. It looks terrible.

And I suspect there is an element of them not worrying too much about how it looks until they hear from some residents....and hopefully prospective customers.

btk
Always glad to read what you say Billy, but this is bad news indeed!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:25 PM

I know they also fertilize as we did, and we're having cut our grass twice a week right and I doubt they could keep up with that.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

btk
xxxxxxxxz

Last edited by villagegolfer; 07-19-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

btk
Was at Colony Rec Center yesterday and was suprised by the condition of the lanscaping. There are the remains of a large dead palm tree in front of the center and the plantings in the center island are dead or almost dead.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Gold member

I was just today commenting on the shrubbery in the median on Buena Vista at the Polo Field intersection. A lot of dead and crushed bushes. Also does anyone know who should be contacted regarding the eye sore of the traffic light poles that are peeling and in dire need of paint? El Camino Real at the Alhambra/Santiago area is a mess as well as others.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We had dead palm trees in the plantings behind us at Odell Center. They replaced them. I am guessing there might be an optimum time to plant trees even here where the growing season goes on and on.

I wonder why they haven't changed out the flowers at Colony. The extreme heat may have killed them off, but usually about every six to ten weeks, I have seen them replace the seasonal flowers with ones more appropriate to the climate for that part of the year.

One of my favorite things is the attention given to the common areas. It is a huge and very expensive undertaking that I appreciate very much.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydee View Post
I was just today commenting on the shrubbery in the median on Buena Vista at the Polo Field intersection. A lot of dead and crushed bushes. Also does anyone know who should be contacted regarding the eye sore of the traffic light poles that are peeling and in dire need of paint? El Camino Real at the Alhambra/Santiago area is a mess as well as others.
District Property Management 753-4022.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Perhaps we are witnessing what residents north of 466 were complaining about as the building/development activity gets further and further away. The sales routine certainly does not include visiting the old and older areas, hence there is a priority.

And it won't get any better or change until or unless we residents call and make our dislikes known....

btk
Old 07-19-2011, 07:49 AM
Sage

[QUOTE=billethkid;372349]Perhaps we are witnessing what residents north of 466 were complaining about as the building/development activity gets further and further away. The sales routine certainly does not include visiting the old and older areas, hence there is a priority.

It's a shame because the old and older villages are in many ways the loveliest and most charming. I had to beg my sales rep to show me the "historic" areas.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:50 AM
Sage

Buena Vista from Palmer Country Club south, the east side was mowed yesterday 7/19 and the west side is being mowed this morning. Perhaps all the rain has put the contractors a little behind.
Are we trying to find fault where there is none?
Old 07-19-2011, 07:56 AM
Veteran member

Uh Oh!!..The sky is falling.......
Old 07-19-2011, 09:05 AM
Veteran member
Smile

Don't think the sky is falling but the landscaping in front of Colony is nasty.

Oh did I mention that there are gazing balls, whirley gigs and a pink flamingo in Hemingway? Sorry to say there are.

Maybe the sky is falling.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalen View Post

Oh did I mention that there are gazing balls, whirley gigs and a pink flamingo in Hemingway? Sorry to say there are.

If figures just when I want to move to paradise that paradise falls apart.......
Suzanne
Old 07-19-2011, 09:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalen View Post

Complaining here will do no good. Call deed compliance and let them handle the pink flamingo's. 751-3912, 751-6719
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.