Lifestyle's Stay

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2008, 08:31 AM
Default Lifestyle's Stay

OK, we just came back from our first lifestyle experience. The 13th thru the 17th. It was a very enjoyable time, but I have ended up with more questions then I started with. And I really haven't gotten any answers from our sales rep (Mike Joy)
Are the sales reps assigned for life ? We first met up with Mike 2 years ago when friends were buying a house, and it looks like we are now assigned to him forever. That sounds very "Big Brother" if they have a file on me and a permanent sales rep, and I don't even live there.
Can you go for more lifestyle experience's I couldn't get an definite answer from anyone. We are local ( 63 miles from our driveway to Katie Belle's) and as we both still work we aren't ready, nor can we afford to move just yet. But we have a lot of vacation and taking it in the Villages with friends seems to be the answer.
If I rent from someone other than the Villages will I be allowed to use the amenities ? We don't golf, so tee times aren't a concern. We did try a driving range Thursday, how do you hit that damn ball ?
All in all it was a very enjoyable experience, we took my 85year old mother, she was exhausted after the first 2 days, and we intend to just sit around home this weekend.
We rented a golf cart from "Villages Golf Cart Man" at LaGrande Plaza, $100.00 for a week, for a fully equipped cart, unlike some other places that don't have weather covers on the carts. ( I have no connection to this person, other than a satisfied customer).

Gary Owens
Deltona, Fl
Old 10-18-2008, 08:54 AM

Over a 3 year period, we met with 3 different sales reps. The last one we met at an open house, and he seemed to take extra time to explain everything we asked about The Villages. Never any pressure. Our rep, Justin Wilson, took us out several times to show us home sites. Talked to us about purchasing a home already built, or buy the lot and select packages that we wanted. Three times he put a 24 hour hold on a house while we thought about it and studied the location. Obviously the last one was the one we selected. We love it.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:31 AM
Veteran member
Default A File, You Bet

Gary
Yes they do have a file on you and everyone else that has contacted the sales office. Last December I stopped in TV on a late afternoon and met with a sales rep and he took a few notes about my current life status (not retired as yet, just looking around etc). Since it was late in the afternoon I was advised to come back another day if I could to really look around, take the tour and even look at some homes. I did just that but the first sales rep was very busy that day so I was working with another rep. From what I saw in just that day I have decided to come back and spend 4 weeks in TV to really get some questions answered from the locals and not the sales reps. When I made my reservations I mentioned a few things and the rep repeated some information that I had only told the first two sales reps. I could not remember the second reps name but have his card at home and the reservation rep knew the name.

So yes there is a file.

I must say one thing, I have nothing but good things to say about all the people I have dealt with in TV. I have not been hounded with phone calls, e-mails or junk mail. I received an e-mail maybe three or four months after my visit from the first sales rep to see how things were going and if I was planning any return trips to TV.

I was looking at another retirement community in the same general area of Florida and I was getting junk mail and phone calls every week. I gave up on that location in a hurry.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Gold member

Gary, we began working with one Villages realtor when we became interested in buying but it wasn't a good fit for us. That happens when dealing with people and it wasn't that she did anything wrong, she was just not the realtor with which we felt comfortable. We were able to change realtors, the next realtor was just right for us and we purchased through him. (We hadn't dealt with the original realtor for almost 2 years but he still had to split his commission with her.)
Old 10-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachie View Post
Gary, we began working with one Villages realtor when we became interested in buying but it wasn't a good fit for us. That happens when dealing with people and it wasn't that she did anything wrong, she was just not the realtor with which we felt comfortable. We were able to change realtors, the next realtor was just right for us and we purchased through him. (We hadn't dealt with the original realtor for almost 2 years but he still had to split his commission with her.)
The very same thing happened to us Peach. Not a two year interval but they are loyal to their staff about commissions. Jim McLaughlin was our guy and we just loved him. He sends us newsletters now about TV but after the fact. He was JUST the greatest, IS the greatest, person. Never aggressive. In fact I got cold feet the first time we went in to sign on the home, and he was just great about it.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:27 PM

Gary yes they have a file on you and yes we can go on another lifestyle visit. We were there the 1st week in Oct on our 2nd visit
Old 10-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Platinum member

We never did the lifestyle visit....what are the exact details? I have heard that it is great...do you have to meet with someone? Can you just come for the visit? What is included...how much...I KNOW I can call TV's and ask....but it is better to get everyone's personal experiences here....what is available for non golfers....what other options do they give you...how often to you meet with realtor if you have to....

Give me the scoop and your experiences please....I have some friends interested in participating as they are retiring next year!

Suzy Toronto
Old 10-18-2008, 10:52 PM
Veteran member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie325 View Post
We never did the lifestyle visit....what are the exact details? I have heard that it is great...do you have to meet with someone? Can you just come for the visit? What is included...how much...I KNOW I can call TV's and ask....but it is better to get everyone's personal experiences here....what is available for non golfers....what other options do they give you...how often to you meet with realtor if you have to....

Give me the scoop and your experiences please....I have some friends interested in participating as they are retiring next year!
We were down last July for 4 days. We stayed at Creekside and were charged $100 per night. We received a card for golf, tennis, discounts at the mercantile and spa treatments, movie tkts, bowling and food, Katie Bells, the Baron and kane Garden & Arnold Palmer. Absolutely no pressure.
Had to request to see some homes for sale with the agent we met upon our arrival. Been to other 55+ communities and never experienced the likes of TV.
It was all good!
Old 10-20-2008, 05:46 AM
Send a message via ICQ to tankdvr1950

my wife and i were at TV for our 2nd lifestyle visit, the end of September....TV sent us an email inviting us to come down for our 2nd visit....we have since received a thank you card from our sales rep, saying just contact him if we want to do another visit (3rd)....that said....who knows how many lifestyle visits you can get...but my guess is that it can't be limitless.

Cassie....our first visit was for 4 days....our 2nd for 6 days....we found that the longer the better to see/do all you want to.......all u have to do is decide when u want to be there, for how long, what type of home you want to stay in (cost is from $75-$150 per night).....thats about it....only minor sticking point is that they charge your credit card for your full stay as soon as you confirm your reservation....if u plan on coming to TV in peak season...i.e. Jan - March.....u need to make your reservations with TV early......all you have to do is show up....only thing u need to bring is a hair dryer....everything else in the rental home is provided....you are basically moving into a hotel room that is a nicely appointed home.....kitchen if fully equipped if you decide to take meals there (you probably won't)

u get one card per person that gives u a specific dollar amount for some restaurants, two rounds if free golf at the courses of your choice, movie tickets, etc etc etc.....its a fantastic deal

best thing we found was renting a golf cart for our stay.....that allows you to cruise around TV wherever and whenever you want and to really get the feel of being a Villager

as others have said...there is NO pressure to buy....or look for that matter....when asked if you want to look at some homes...u just say no...but if u have any thoughts of becoming a Villager....it doesn't hurt to look

there is more to do and see than you have time for....for non-golfers as well.....just driving around is a treat.....evening entertainment and happy hour at the one of the two Town Squares is a blast

we loved each of our visits and are looking forward to another, probably sometime early next year.....can't wait to be a Villager full time
Old 10-20-2008, 07:18 AM
Sage

I've had Carol Juliani as my rep for 4+ years. Even though she knows that she will probably retire before I finally get there, she is energetic and always willing to help. She never hassles me or sends me more than a quick "How are you doing" e-mail about twice a year. I like her so much that I really hope I can throw a commission her way when the time comes to buy. I think they all drink the same Kool-Aid but that's fine with me.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowens1 View Post
OK,
If I rent from someone other than the Villages will I be allowed to use the amenities ?

We rented a golf cart from "Villages Golf Cart Man" at LaGrande Plaza, $100.00

Gary Owens
Deltona, Fl
Yes, if you want to use the amenities you pay a $50 fee per couple for as long as you stay and this gives you ALL the advantages just as if you were a villager. The villager that rents you their home has to turn in their cards so that you can get yours. There are great deals from private landlords ( like me). Many of us offer golf carts included in your rental. You can get private rental homes with golf cart for under $31 a day!

jeffy
Old 10-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Gold member

Not sure if this was mentioned but you can also hook up with a non-Villages realtor who can show you homes the Villages realtors cannot show you.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Gold member
Smile Where to go what to do?

My Wife and I will arrive at TV tomorrow. This will be our second lifestyle visit. (we are wannabes) One of things that we would like to do this trip is to check out the area outside of the villages. Any suggestions of what to see or where to go? Just want to check out the neighborhood.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:15 AM
Sage
Default Day trips

Yoda,

Here's a link to a past thread with lots of good ideas for day trips.

What are some fun, interesting day trips you can make from the Villages?
Old 10-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Veteran member

We worked with the same agent for 3 years before we bought She had a file on us with a call record, visit record, type of home we were looking for and a list of properties visited, etc. There was never any pressure only a email every now and again wanting to find out about the progress of selling our house, etc. We worked with TV's relocation department and was very satisfied with their professionalism. Been here now 2.5 years and have enjoyed every moment of everyday. Occassionally we run into our TV sales agent who also lives in TV. She always remembers us and is full of useful info.
Viet Nam
CT
TV

Last edited by MMC24; 10-20-2008 at 11:56 AM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.