In a light hearted spirit

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2012, 06:49 AM
Sage
Default In a light hearted spirit

In a light hearted spirit, which of the villages in THE VILLAGES would win the vote for being as attractive as WISTERIA LANE on Desperate Housewives?

We are almost finished watching the Blu Ray DVD of Season Eight, final season of Desperate Housewives.

Still love those white picket fences and charming exteriors of the homes on Wisteria Lane.....landscaping included, front entries, etc.

Does anyone know where the fictional neighborhood was located?
Like what state? Where was it supposed to be? (not Hollywood).

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:07 AM
Location: Brooklyn, NY Queens, NY Village of Summerhill, Village of Santiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
In a light hearted spirit, which of the villages in THE VILLAGES would win the vote for being as attractive as WISTERIA LANE on Desperate Housewives?

We are almost finished watching the Blu Ray DVD of Season Eight, final season of Desperate Housewives.

Still love those white picket fences and charming exteriors of the homes on Wisteria Lane.....landscaping included, front entries, etc.

Does anyone know where the fictional neighborhood was located?
Like what state? Where was it supposed to be? (not Hollywood).

Thanks in advance.
You might find this link about Wisteria Lane interesting.

Wisteria Lane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 10-11-2012, 07:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyw View Post
You might find this link about Wisteria Lane interesting.

Wisteria Lane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's a great find. Thank you so much.

I'm printing it out as I type...........all 20 pages, to read at leisure.

"Leave it to Beaver" I remember well, ditto for "Gremlins" and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".

When I still had my mom at home with us here, the activity assistant who would drive them home in the van from adult daycare, would often remark, "You have a Leave it to Beaver home here". ........he was in his early 20's and came from a divorced family......liked our home; I invited him for dinner when my adult kids would be home.......nice fellow; good to my mom.

Maybe that's why I like the homes on Wisteria Lane, for their white picket fences, sprawling big front porches and all the flowers.........looks like a typical neighborhood up here...........

I'll read the print out and see if they "hint" at what state it was "supposedly" in.

When we saw the tornado scene.........that was confusing, although recently we have had some rogue tornados, which are NOT common in New England.

Knew it was a movie set in Hollywood and some of the "homes" are just the front facades.........but did they ever hint as to where the location was supposed to be?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.