Like the design of the new bridge

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2018, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Why would an estimate make any difference?
Well a quote would be acceptable.
Old 03-16-2018, 06:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoSteveO View Post
No traffic stopping.
I recall a detour (one night Northbound, then one night Southbound) when they placed the beams for the new Rt 468 bridge (Morse Blvd) 3 or so years ago
Totally different types of bridges.

The 468 bridge is made of two concrete spans, with a bent between the southhbound/northbound lanes...so was able to be built/set in two sections.

If the drawing in the paper is correct, the new Villages bridge will be a single span, setting on just two abutments (1 each end, outside of S/N lanes) and will be hard to safely set...without closing both directions of the Turnpike.

But hey...we'll see.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
According to the newspaper, bridges by 2020.
Championship courses only one mentioned so far.
They'll only say/announce just enough to get plans approved by the local government, anything more is tipping their hat too much and would impact their costs.
We'll just have to wait and see what the future brings. I'm shocked they've said as much as they have in the newspaper today. Of course releasing the planned connection between Fenney and the rest of TV can only help and not hurt sales going forward.
I think the release of that information was designed to spur sales in the Fenney area. I don't have an opinion one way or the other, and I'm not a Fenney basher, but our TV sales agent sold us on the fact that sales of pre-owned homes north of the Fenney area had escalated because of the lack of connection between Fenney and that area. And the sales agents are showing them aggressively.

When we looked with him seven years ago, he was not so keen on showing us pre-existing homes, because there were so many new homes being built around 466A.

I believe it will all change when the golf cart connection to points north goes in and the amenities down there are completed.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

By having 'open' sides to bridge, it could be a distracting view, both from the highway and the cart path. Mostly at night I would say.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
By having 'open' sides to bridge, it could be a distracting view, both from the highway and the cart path. Mostly at night I would say.

That’s the point. Seeing golf carts crossing over the turnpike will generate much talk, at the very least. National media will love it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2018, 08:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

I think this developer like many others I have experienced over the years will only announce that which they are most certain will become implemented. Especially anything that contributes to the allure and attraction of the development.

Other thoughts/wants/intentions for a little longer range might not get announced as doing so may not necessarily add anymore value. Plus leaves the developer with the option to change, eliminate, expand, contract.

Very often developers at a certain point opt out by selling to another developer or developers. I believe we residents have been very fortunate to have one entity retain ownership of the developing and development. They provide a very consistent product. And usually provide more than most expected....like the news release this week.

They have the formula for success down pat!!
Old 03-17-2018, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Hopefully lessons learned from the Historic and Morse bridges wider lanes are required. I totally agree with your comment about distraction. Imagine 8-10 PM after a trip to Paddock Square, a few libations (I am not endorsing this) narrow lanes and turnpike views from the bridge.
Another thought from my experience as a snowmobiler not smart to put a trail next to a road where a car driver gets hit with headlights on coming from both their right and left. No where to shift your eyes to. Example here is Morse Blvd going south over the bridge. Northbound auto traffic = headlights on left, northbound carts = headlights on the right.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:47 AM
Veteran member

I think the view of golf carts racing back and forth above them will be a better marketing tool than any bill board. All the traffic below will be imagining all the great activities the carts are heading to, and make them want the Village lifestyle too. Genius.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:07 AM
Default New championship ship course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
According to the newspaper, bridges by 2020.
Championship courses only one mentioned so far.
They'll only say/announce just enough to get plans approved by the local government, anything more is tipping their hat too much and would impact their costs.
We'll just have to wait and see what the future brings. I'm shocked they've said as much as they have in the newspaper today. Of course releasing the planned connection between Fenney and the rest of TV can only help and not hurt sales going forward.
What, when, and where any new Championship Course mentioned?
Old 03-17-2018, 10:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJOHNS2654 View Post
What, when, and where any new Championship Course mentioned?
Patience Grasshopper. Why would those who make the decisions divert from a successful plan?
Old 03-17-2018, 11:22 AM
Default Championship Courses???

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Patience Grasshopper. Why would those who make the decisions divert from a successful plan?
I was referring to :

"According to the newspaper, bridges by 2020.
Championship courses only one mentioned so far".

I believe only Executive courses mentioned so far.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJOHNS2654 View Post
I was referring to :

"According to the newspaper, bridges by 2020.
Championship courses only one mentioned so far".

I believe only Executive courses mentioned so far.
They did mention one Champ course. I suspect there will be at least another one along with a Town Square. Holding out hope for another performing arts center down here someplace.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-17-2018, 01:21 PM

Get on YouTube and check out Skip Smith. In one of his recent videos he shows the new championship course down in the south east corner next to Leesburg. Check it out.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:02 PM

I am so pleased to be able th live in the Villages and so so thankful to the Morse family for providing us with this opportunity!
Old 03-22-2018, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Well a quote would be acceptable.
takes me 40 to 45 min. by golf cart to get to Brownwood from Lopez, which is about 12 miles. I suspect it would be same or less from Fenney to Brownwood. Plus once the path in there probably won't be 30 roundabouts to cross? More less straight shot with Villages to sides, But in 10 years when they are nearing Highway 50 it may need to be 4 lanes
Closed Thread

Tags
bridge, high, flying, florida’s, drawing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.