Lily or Iris empty room across laundry area

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2012, 06:07 AM
Default Lily or Iris empty room across laundry area

I am building a Lily and liked the idea of an extra room across from the laundry area. I had a pocket door installed, outlet and ceiling light installed. I am curious as to how others have utilized this room. I was thinking shelving, maybe a small freezer or refrigerator. If you did do shelving or cabinets who installed it?
Old 10-13-2012, 06:48 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnson View Post
I am building a Lily and liked the idea of an extra room across from the laundry area. I had a pocket door installed, outlet and ceiling light installed. I am curious as to how others have utilized this room. I was thinking shelving, maybe a small freezer or refrigerator. If you did do shelving or cabinets who installed it?
We have the Juniper (Lantana footprint), and a large laundry room. I wanted cabinets ala butlers kitchen...Well Tim the Tool man did a great job.....cabinets and countertop and now my husband has a great OFFICE!

Tim the Tool Man 352 217-0561 aka Miller's Home Services

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 10-13-2012, 07:22 AM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

I was happy to have a larger laundry room. My last home had a small one which drove me crazy. I put a nice table under the window with a nice lamp and use the table for folding my clothes. I just love it. Doesn't take much to make me happy.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:56 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Thumbs up Yes to Brian Freitag of B & J Builders

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnson View Post
I have an Iris. I wanted to utilize that empty area in my laundry room. I now have cabinets...lower and upper. The best is that I have countertops lining the 3 sides of the room.........which is just great....for folding laundry, doing paperwork, etc., etc., etc.

I did research....and I had Brian Freitag of B & J Builders do my work. He was fantastic. He matched my cabinets, hardware, countertops to what I had in the rest of my house. As I wrote in another post, he is trustworthy, a good family man and does wonderful quality work. He formerly worked for TV and I did call TV and they gave him an excellent recommendation. His phone number is: 352-516-0668
Old 10-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Platinum member

We have a Lily and I don't know what large area you are taking about across from the laundry area. Do you possibly have a different floor plan?

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 10-13-2012, 12:35 PM

Probably a different floor plan
Old 10-13-2012, 12:38 PM

I have a floor plan that does have that room, you probably have the plan where there is more Kitchen counter area therefor no room across from laundry area.

Last edited by Newbeginnings; 10-13-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Gold member

How about a wine cellar?
Old 10-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdawg View Post
I have an Iris. I wanted to utilize that empty area in my laundry room. I now have cabinets...lower and upper. The best is that I have countertops lining the 3 sides of the room.........which is just great....for folding laundry, doing paperwork, etc., etc., etc.

I did research....and I had Brian Freitag of B & J Builders do my work. He was fantastic. He matched my cabinets, hardware, countertops to what I had in the rest of my house. As I wrote in another post, he is trustworthy, a good family man and does wonderful quality work. He formerly worked for TV and I did call TV and they gave him an excellent recommendation. His phone number is: 352-516-0668
bump
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.