Limit One Visit!!! Huh???

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Default Limit One Visit!!! Huh???

My sister and I visited in January 2011 but only were able to stay four nights. We were interested in coming again in June to see if we could "stand the heat" and to get to know our way around a little better. We're both still working, and our anticipated move to TV won't be for another 2-3 years, so we're limited to a time when we could both make the trip from NJ.

I entered a chat with an on-line rep on the Villages website and asked about availability for the June dates and referred to the sales rep we had in January. I was told that there is a one-time limit on the Lifestyle visit. That's it...short and not so sweet. So much for the "friendliest hometown" kind of feeling.

So I guess I have two questions. First, are there folks out there that have done the Lifestyle visit more than once? I'm sure I've read threads that stated that this was possible. We're not looking for any freebees and of course we'll be paying for our home away from home. Secondly, if it's really not possible to get a second visit, if we stayed at the hotel in Lake Sumter, how would we go about getting passes to tour open houses?
Old 05-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Default life style visit

We did it once last year for 6 nites and extended it 4 more nites no problem..
Then we went again but rented a cyy for 2 weeks ,worked out very well.There are plenty of houses for rent ..Check the rentals at the villages....
Old 05-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Sage

You could always rent a home or villa for a month. And as far as getting to see the model homes, well, go over to the sales office and ask to visit with a rep who can take you to see the homes and villas. We did that...just stopped in and asked for a rep to give us some info and a tour of the model homes.

We've lived here for 5 years now...
Old 05-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Default Lifestyle

Talk to your sales rep/ I believe they have to "invite" you back.

George

Thanks for the quick response. The only problem is that we're only available for 5 nights. Don't think we can rent a home for that short a period of time...
If it were possible, I'd love to rent an Iris because that's the model we're interested in.
Veteran member

We did 3 over a long period. Call your agent and see if he can help. Another option is to rent from a private owner.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:33 PM

In the past the program has varied as to how many lifestyle visits you were allowed. During time periods when houses weren't selling, they allowed more than one lifestyle visit.

Talk to your rep. If anyone can assist you your rep that you spoke with in January is your best bet.

In the past, after your first lifestyle visit they have sometimes allowed people to "rent" a house or villa on a daily basis which turns out to be a lifestyle visit without the freebies and meal discounts of the lifestyle visit. In fact, some people I have talked to who claimed to have more than one lifestyle visit actually did a rental after their first visit.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Location: Wilbur and I live in Ohio 6 mo. and Bradenton, Fl. 6 mo. and want to live in the Villages 12 mo.

[QUOTE=decodiana;351640]My sister and I visited in January 2011 but only were able to stay four nights. We were interested in coming again in June to see if we could "stand the heat" and to get to know our way around a little better. We're both still working, and our anticipated move to TV won't be for another 2-3 years, so we're limited to a time when we could both make the trip from NJ.

We are having our second life style visi, well maybe it isn't called a life style visit. We will be in the Villages for only 4 nights this time, 100.00 per night with golf cart and bikes. We stayed two years ago and are even working with another agent this time. We will come for as long as it takes...we are determined to live here.

Nancy & Will
Old 05-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels View Post
In the past the program has varied as to how many lifestyle visits you were allowed. During time periods when houses weren't selling, they allowed more than one lifestyle visit.

Talk to your rep. If anyone can assist you your rep that you spoke with in January is your best bet.

In the past, after your first lifestyle visit they have sometimes allowed people to "rent" a house or villa on a daily basis which turns out to be a lifestyle visit without the freebies and meal discounts of the lifestyle visit. In fact, some people I have talked to who claimed to have more than one lifestyle visit actually did a rental after their first visit.
Ditto.

Bill
Old 05-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Default Maybe one of the hotels would work....

We did the lifestyle tour the first time we were down there. Only did a four day and regretted it. At that time, you got meals/golf and other goodies.

Since then we have stayed at the Town Center Suites and Comfort Inn. There are a couple of others you can try as well.

We rented a golf cart and drove around to look at the open houses. We also got a real estate agent (Regular agent along with a Villages agent since we want to buy a preowned).

Loved it and plan on buying later this year!
Old 05-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Sage

We did two but only one with freebies. The second one was more of an invite from them since we were finalizing our home selection.

We also rented from private parties three other times.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by decodiana View Post
if we stayed at the hotel in Lake Sumter, how would we go about getting passes to tour open houses?
I've seen it mentioned several times here on TOTV that you don't need a pass to get by the gates into villages because the roads are public. So I don't think it would be a problem. Perhaps someone else with a little more knowledge can elaborate on that.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 05-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
I've seen it mentioned several times here on TOTV that you don't need a pass to get by the gates into villages because the roads are public. So I don't think it would be a problem. Perhaps someone else with a little more knowledge can elaborate on that.
You do not need a pass - just press the buzzer on the "visitor" side of each gate and you will be allowed in. As several others stated, the LS previews allowed vary based on how busy the sales office is. The best bet is to contact your TV sales agent. The rules do change so what happened previously may not be relevant.

Check the Villages 4 rent website that is a sponsor here - you may be surprised at what is available!

Good luck!!!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

We had 3 lifestyle visits over 4 years. We did NOT have the same sales rep for any of the visits. I simply called The Villages and told them I'd like to setup a visit. In every case, they forwarded me to a sales rep or their assistant, who then setup our visit.

If it were me, I would try again and not mention your previous visit or sales rep. If you are specifically asked if you've been here before, then you should tell the truth, but I believe you will still be able to visit again. June and July are not busy months....
Old 05-03-2011, 07:50 PM

Stayed first in 2008, second in 2009. The second time we received less goodies, but that shouldn't be a problem. The Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn Express, and there are others are fairly reasonable and we found to be a good option when we came down to sign contract and before our household goods arrived. There is always the Waterfront Hotel, on site. As has been stated earlier, they seem to be very finicky about the Lifestyle Previews.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.