Discontinuation of Aster Designer Model & info on South of 466A

Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Veteran member
Default Discontinuation of Aster Designer Model & info on South of 466A

Just received information from our sales rep that the opening of the newest neighborhoods south of 466A will occur in late May or early June and that the new model center there will be open by mid June.

He also reported that a number of current designer models will be discontinued including our choice, the 3 bedroom, 3 bath Aster Model which is due to be replaced by the Zinnia Floorplan which is also 3 bdrm/3bath. No floorplan available yet. The Villages website show 2 Zinnia's for sale, one under construction, but no floorplan attached.

On another note, he confirmed that prices will increase between 2-4% on May 2d.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Platinum member

We saw the Aster model last week with our visitors and then were taken to the Zinnia model. Didn't like it. Aster much nicer. To see the Zinnia take right after St James pool and then left. It's on right, grey house in middle of 3 and has palm on left front corner.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
We saw the Aster model last week with our visitors and then were taken to the Zinnia model. Didn't like it. Aster much nicer. To see the Zinnia take right after St James pool and then left. It's on right, grey house in middle of 3 and has palm on left front corner.
I am surprised they are discontinuing the Aster as it was only introduced less than 1 year ago and is a bit unique from the other designers with the 3 bdrm and 3baths.

If the Zinnia is not comparable, I guess we are back to the drawing boards to find a designer with the features we would like.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackz View Post
Just received information from our sales rep that the opening of the newest neighborhoods south of 466A will occur in late May or early June and that the new model center there will be open by mid June.

He also reported that a number of current designer models will be discontinued including our choice, the 3 bedroom, 3 bath Aster Model which is due to be replaced by the Zinnia Floorplan which is also 3 bdrm/3bath. No floorplan available yet. The Villages website show 2 Zinnia's for sale, one under construction, but no floorplan attached.

On another note, he confirmed that prices will increase between 2-4% on May 2d.
JackZ -- Thanks for the info. about the new model center for homes south of 466A opening by mid June. I will be in TV for a visit starting July 6, so I may have to stop in for a look see.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Default Deposit on a lot south of 466A

I think the time has finally arrived for me to put down a deposit on a lot. Before i contact the sales department does anybody know if they are taking deposits on lots south of 466A.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:13 AM
Veteran member
Default Deposits

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumbull View Post
I think the time has finally arrived for me to put down a deposit on a lot. Before i contact the sales department does anybody know if they are taking deposits on lots south of 466A.
Our sales rep stated that those areas will not be open until late May or early June. Once open your sales rep will advise you and normally email you a map of lots available.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:09 PM

I have a question, i am up in Connecticut planning to come down in Sept to purchase a lot south of 466A near the Bonify golf course. My question is when I look at the map what is the structure on the other side of road from the Bonify Country Club club house between the two first holes of two of the nine Bonify golf courses. Can somebody answer that question.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackz View Post
Just received information from our sales rep that the opening of the newest neighborhoods south of 466A will occur in late May or early June and that the new model center there will be open by mid June. .....
jack - The post today from trumbull caused your thread to pop back up again. Maybe it's already old news to you by now, but just in case......It sounds like they're already taking deposits for lots in Sanibel, according to the OP in the following recent thread:

Love it when a plan comes together!

Bill
Old 05-06-2011, 08:13 PM

Yes, if you at the villages website as of yesterday it look like there at least 8 lots south of 466a with deposits
Old 05-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
jack - The post today from trumbull caused your thread to pop back up again. Maybe it's already old news to you by now, but just in case......It sounds like they're already taking deposits for lots in Sanibel, according to the OP in the following recent thread:

Love it when a plan comes together!

Bill
Thanks Bill. Timing is not right for us at this moment based on the need to build one year from making the lot deposit. We are looking at purchasing a lot around September. Jack
Old 05-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
We too liked the Aster. The Zinnia is slightly smaller, but the big plus is the garage comes into the kitchen through the utility room, unlike the Aster where the garage entered the opposite side of the house from the kitchen. The Zinnia has not officially been added to the designer series although they have built a couple. Apparently they are not certain whether it will be added, and built a couple for test marketing. If we build we would favor the Zinnia.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
We too liked the Aster. The Zinnia is slightly smaller, but the big plus is the garage comes into the kitchen through the utility room, unlike the Aster where the garage entered the opposite side of the house from the kitchen. The Zinnia has not officially been added to the designer series although they have built a couple. Apparently they are not certain whether it will be added, and built a couple for test marketing. If we build we would favor the Zinnia.
When they cancelled the Aster we went back to the drawing boards and have decided that we will build a Lily with some stretches and upgrades.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default lots

I read on here the other day regarding lots being sold that someone was the 47th person to put a deposit on a lot that day.That was the day before the add in the paper said they were selling. Said he got a call from his sales rep. Glad to see the progress.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumbull View Post
I have a question, i am up in Connecticut planning to come down in Sept to purchase a lot south of 466A near the Bonify golf course. My question is when I look at the map what is the structure on the other side of road from the Bonify Country Club club house between the two first holes of two of the nine Bonify golf courses. Can somebody answer that question.
I'm not sure what structure you are referring to, but there is supposed to be a well in the area so this might be a pump house. Note that a pump house usually means that there will also be a water tower in the area.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Sage

That may be true but there are many pump houses in TV that are not associate with a tower. i.e. the pump house on Cane CC next to Bailey Trail.

Do they have one yet for the area south of 466A?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.