Limit One Visit!!! Huh???

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2011, 04:19 PM

If you are truly interested in buying then the LSV is fine, but not 2,3,4 times. Have also heard many times of people telling their friends "just do the LSV, it is a cheap vacation with all the freebies." Actually glad TV cutting down on LSV for those not really interested in buying, just to "use" the facilities. So many forget that people actually LIVE here - how would many of the "vacationers" feel if people just dropped in to where THEY live, and treated like a resort with no consideration for residents. If one rents it is one thing as the actual owner is paying their share of TV upkeep through amenities, but the LSVrs are just taking and taking.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:23 PM

Thanks for everyone's input. I got it straighted out when I spoke directly with my sales rep. She was very apologetic about the curt response I first received. We're booked for the dates in June that fit both of our schedules.

As I stated, we are not interested in any freebees; we don't golf (yet) and didn't even use a single coupon the first time we visited. We were just so overwhelmed at the size of TV, and we spent most of our time driving around! We ditched that very slow golf cart and used the car. Now we have a game plan and know what we're going to look for. I was told that there would be some new model homes available for us to see because the models we toured in January are in the process of being sold.

We DO plan to buy in TV. Our horizon is 2-3 years, but if we're able to do it in 2 years, we'll be picking out a lot next year. Right now we're leaning toward the Iris model which has everything we think we want, but we just want to be sure. The privacy of the CYV's is nice, but I'm afraid for us they may be too small as we're downsizing from a 3500 square foot home. I'll have to sell my home in NJ before settlement, so we will need to rent down there until our TV home is completed.

Thanks again for all your comments!!
Old 05-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Sage

Tell the guys at the cart rental that you have some experience in driving the cart and they can find one that will at least keep up.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by decodiana View Post
Thanks for everyone's input. I got it straighted out when I spoke directly with my sales rep. She was very apologetic about the curt response I first received. We're booked for the dates in June that fit both of our schedules.

As I stated, we are not interested in any freebees; we don't golf (yet) and didn't even use a single coupon the first time we visited. We were just so overwhelmed at the size of TV, and we spent most of our time driving around! We ditched that very slow golf cart and used the car. Now we have a game plan and know what we're going to look for. I was told that there would be some new model homes available for us to see because the models we toured in January are in the process of being sold.

We DO plan to buy in TV. Our horizon is 2-3 years, but if we're able to do it in 2 years, we'll be picking out a lot next year. Right now we're leaning toward the Iris model which has everything we think we want, but we just want to be sure. The privacy of the CYV's is nice, but I'm afraid for us they may be too small as we're downsizing from a 3500 square foot home. I'll have to sell my home in NJ before settlement, so we will need to rent down there until our TV home is completed.

Thanks again for all your comments!!
Decodiana, I'm glad you were able to get another LSV for June. It looks like the first village south of 466A, the Village of Sanibel, is now open for those who wish to purchase lots. Wonder who will be the first person to build and move into the Village of Sanibel? Enjoy your time in TV.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedoman View Post
We have friends who were denied also because they had their LSV last year. My guess is if you are truly interested in buying they will extend the courtesy. Our friends couldn't be more obvious that they had no interest as in NOT talking to a sales agent and NOT looking at anything. To them it was a cheap vacation with freebies.........
Old 05-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevlaur View Post
If you are truly interested in buying then the LSV is fine, but not 2,3,4 times. Have also heard many times of people telling their friends "just do the LSV, it is a cheap vacation with all the freebies." Actually glad TV cutting down on LSV for those not really interested in buying, just to "use" the facilities. So many forget that people actually LIVE here - how would many of the "vacationers" feel if people just dropped in to where THEY live, and treated like a resort with no consideration for residents. If one rents it is one thing as the actual owner is paying their share of TV upkeep through amenities, but the LSVrs are just taking and taking.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Thumbs down Really? are you kidding me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevlaur View Post
yes you've heard people say that and what exactly is wrong with that? People just coming on the LSV for a vacation are called something else as well....HOMEBUYERS! How do you think many of us wound up here? This IS a resort and the facilities are meant to be used. What's your problem with that crowds? the crowds are seasonal HOMEOWNERS who are down in the winter to use THEIR homes and facilities. Every LSV unit represents a saleable unit that will pay its bond and amenities fees so where's the taking, taking. taking I just hear rude, selfish, selfish!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

It is all a matter of how you look at it. I would just plain be embarassed to take more than a couple of free lifestyle visits.

And as I pointed out, the properties are selling so well that the owners no longer feel the need to offer more than a couple.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Gold member

There's nothing free about the lifestyle visits anymore. I don't think there are even any meals included, just some discount coupons.
I don't even encourage friends to use the LSV program. They stay with us or even in a hotel, since I think most everyone gets hotel discounts anymore.
The villas they put you in are certainly larger than a hotel room or even our guest room but when we visited on our two LSVs we spent very little time in the villa.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Sage

It's a fine line for TV sales folks, I'm sure, to try to determine if someone's just wanting to take an "inexpensive vacation" via repeat LSVs (with absolutely zero intention of buying) or if they're arguably potential buyers, even if it's at some point way in the future.

You just never know, though, when someone's going to change their mindset on when they might buy - it happened to us!!! We only took one LSV several years ago - we liked the freedom to be completely "on our own" for our subsequent TV trips and really had no interest in further LSVs. We even turned down an offer from a TV "Guest Coordinator" for another one sans all the perks. And we knew we could contact our TV sales rep anytime we wanted.

Bill
Old 05-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Sage

The viewpoint of people using the LSV's for a vacation is unacceptable. There are many people who are seriously looking to determine whether TV is right for them. After one or two visits, a person is either going to want to move to TV or not. I personally don't see why not, but to each his/her own.

I agree with Gracie that I personally would be embarrassed to even ask for a third LSV. I would rather rent a house or stay in a hotel.

The next time I am in TV, I will be buying a home to become a frog.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:30 AM

Our first visit was in March of this year. When we called about scheduling a LSV, we were told they were all booked up for that time, so we stayed in a hotel. Good enough! After talking to our salesperson and thinking it over, we decided to purchase a lot and are planning to build in July. The main problem with people who are able to schedule multiple LSV with no intention of building is that it kept us, as potential residents, from seeing what life was really like there. When we called about scheduling a LSV in July, we were told that since we had already picked our lot, we were not eligible. That has since been resolved. In a nutshell, the LSV should not be used as a cheap vacation every year, IMO!
Old 05-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Smile Lifestyle Preview

Lifestyle previews are offered ONE time only. You can come back again, and stay on the rental program. The sales office should be able to help you with that. There are various homes around the Villages that are owned and rented out thru The Villages.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

I guess I'm at a loss for why anyone would be upset at folks having 1,2,3, or even 4 LSV's.... What difference does it make? They are NOT FREE, even though you get a few freebies, but LSV's usually cost a minimum of $100/night, depending upon the season.

I had 3 LSV's over a period of about 5 years and we always had all the freebies to go with it.... We never used them all, but we got them. We always looked at homes, with a sales rep, but that wasn't mandatory.

Anyway, I just don't get it, but maybe everyone thinks I abused the system too ...

A happy full-timer!
Old 05-06-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLew View Post
yes you've heard people say that and what exactly is wrong with that? People just coming on the LSV for a vacation are called something else as well....HOMEBUYERS! How do you think many of us wound up here? This IS a resort and the facilities are meant to be used. What's your problem with that crowds? the crowds are seasonal HOMEOWNERS who are down in the winter to use THEIR homes and facilities. Every LSV unit represents a saleable unit that will pay its bond and amenities fees so where's the taking, taking. taking I just hear rude, selfish, selfish!
Nothing said about "crowds!" Certainly know there are seasonal residents who, of course, are entitled to be here whenever they wish. LSV are being used by SOME PERSONS for vacations and not actually interested in buying. No problem at all for first timers taking LSV, but as one person said, come and rent and do your own thing if you are interested in seeing TV again after a LSV. Maybe a bit selfish, but as said this is where people LIVE and NO it is not a resort, just a wonderful place with lots to do for those who do live here, their families, and those who rent.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.