Lisiting our home for sale- Seems like we need to do it twice

Closed Thread
Old 06-26-2018, 09:35 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427dave View Post
We listed our house years ago with The Villages. They had the listing for the length of the contract which was 6 months and only showed it two times and had one open house. Needless to say it did not sell for 6 months, then we listed it with Re-Max and it sold in 3 weeks. I think The Villages was using second hand homes to convince people to buy a new one instead. They had ours listed a little high I feel also. When we bought another home in The Villages we ended up buying from a Villages representative. What we were doing was going to open houses of both MLS realtors and Villages realtors.

So that is my experience.

Right on, Dave!!!
My experience also, except The Villages listing never sold after 1 year, I started at the price they recommended and reduced and reduced. Finally listed with Realty Execs, sold in 1 month, however at a much lower price. People watch the listings very intently and when they see one on the market for a year, they know we're desperate. I lost my shirt, carrying 2 houses for 1 year and also selling at a much reduced price. Never again will I SELL through TV, they use preowned homes to persuade buys that new is better.

I agree with others, try FSBO first, you have nothing to lose.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 06-26-2018, 10:18 AM

I am a recent buyer and will tell you I honestly looked all three places for my home (FSBO, Realty Exec. in TV, and MLS). Most diligent buyers will look at these three places so I agree with the advice given above to try FSBO first. If you have no bond or a low bond left on your home, I would suggest MLS second. As a buyer, those new homes were often presented at a lower price point by Realty Exec. in TV, but those high bonds!! The homes with no or low bond (resale) won every time for me. There are those buyers who are strictly looking for a new home (been there done that) and your listing with TV won't change that. MLS is nation-wide and also widely trusted by out of town buyers for years. Realty exec. in TV were professional, but I could clearly feel their motivation to sell me a new home. I ended up using ERA Grizzard in TV and was very happy with their service, willingness to show me the homes I wanted to see and easy closing. Best of luck!
Old 06-26-2018, 02:08 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts

This post has been up so long the home is probably sold by now. Next.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:13 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgroemm View Post
I am a recent buyer and will tell you I honestly looked all three places for my home (FSBO, Realty Exec. in TV, and MLS). Most diligent buyers will look at these three places so I agree with the advice given above to try FSBO first. If you have no bond or a low bond left on your home, I would suggest MLS second. As a buyer, those new homes were often presented at a lower price point by Realty Exec. in TV, but those high bonds!! The homes with no or low bond (resale) won every time for me. There are those buyers who are strictly looking for a new home (been there done that) and your listing with TV won't change that. MLS is nation-wide and also widely trusted by out of town buyers for years. Realty exec. in TV were professional, but I could clearly feel their motivation to sell me a new home. I ended up using ERA Grizzard in TV and was very happy with their service, willingness to show me the homes I wanted to see and easy closing. Best of luck!
You need to be more careful in your wording. Realty Executives is an MLS brokerage and do not sell new homes in the Villages, only resales on the MLS. Most likely you are talking about The Villages Realty, which sells all the new homes plus resales listed on VLS
Old 06-26-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
It’s the price you pay along with the commission to sell a house. You could always opt not to have any open houses. It’s your call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's the price I pay because the agent has not been honest about it! If the real intention for having a open house is to bring in new contacts and not to sell my house then some ones ethics should be called in to question.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427dave View Post
Yes we constantly asked why it wasn't selling, did we need to lower the price etc. They said open houses didn't do that much good, however there are a lot of them in the paper. Ask to be out of contract, they said that we signed the contract for 6 months. The representative was not doing a good job, left most everything and communications to his assistant. Most all the Villages representatives have an assistant. It is also my understanding the Villages sales reps do not need a real estate license, they are not realtors just sales agents for the developer. We were not very happy with the Villages selling our house. However when we moved back after 4 years away we bought from a Villages sales rep and were very happy with them.
the state requires anyone who sells real estate for a commission be licensed. The National Association of Realtors has their Realtors sign a code of ethics, while Villages agents do not. This would explain why they seem to get away with some of this crap!
Old 06-26-2018, 04:42 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagjr1 View Post
The state requires anyone who sells real estate for a commission be licensed. The National Association of Realtors has their Realtors sign a code of ethics, while Villages agents do not. This would explain why they seem to get away with some of this crap!
While it is true that Villages agents are not Realtors(tm), I don't think they are any more or less honest or honorable than other agents. I have met a lot of agents over the past nine years going to hundreds of open houses, and have only heard two Village salespeople saying things that I thought were blatantly wrong.
One responded, when I said I always just add the bond remaining to the asking price to determine the real price, "Oh you can't do that, the bond is paid with the taxes, and you won't even notice it." To which I replied - Really! I won't notice that extra fifteen hundred dollars per year m/l? I think you confuse me with a fool!
I overheard another VLS salesperson tell someone "I GUARANTEE that this house will be worth another $20,000 in another year" Anyone who has been in any real estate or financial position, or anyone with a brain knows you can't predict, much less guarantee future prices. Again, that is two instances out of hundreds so not noteworthy as a trend. I worked with Tony Trussler with the Villages and Lyle Gant with MLS, and can absolutely vouch for their credibility, honesty, and character.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
Hmmm, if I was buying a house I would be upset if my agent did not tell me about a similar house I might be interested in, esp. a new one, that cost less.
The house my be for less, but the hidden charges like bond, land scaping, and furnishings may add up to much more? Most don't realize that till after the brought. .
Old 06-26-2018, 07:45 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
the state requires anyone who sells real estate for a commission be licensed. The National Association of Realtors has their Realtors sign a code of ethics, while Villages agents do not. This would explain why they seem to get away with some of this crap!
I can tell you honestly, that I (briefly) dealt with a licensed realtor up north that had 0 ethics. I'm betting he's not the only one.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:14 PM
Sage

Quote:

The realtor code of ethics is a fig leaf, means nothing. Unethical personalities will sign anything if it’s personally beneficial. The only thing that matters is did your agent violate state statute in regard to real property law. If not, he did nothing wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2018, 12:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
While it is true that Villages agents are not Realtors(tm), I don't think they are any more or less honest or honorable than other agents.
I've used both MLS and TLS. I've been very satisfied with both agents.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:08 PM

Turns out going with The Villages was the right way to go for our situation.

Tags
villages, list, service, home, vls

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.