Lithium Golf Carts: No Rave Reviews Anywhere

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2022, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by triflex View Post

I also have not met a salesman yet who can explain what the battery warranty actually means. Does it mean we won't replace it if the cart continues to move 5 feet before stopping?
https://carolinagolfcars.com/wp-cont...nd-Express.pdf
Old 01-16-2022, 08:43 AM
Default EZGO Elite (Lithium)

I have my EZGO Elite (Lithium) golf cart for 4 years now and am very happy with it. No water maintenance and acid drips on my garage floor. I use it strictly for golf on Championship courses about 4 times per week. I have never fully depleted the battery so I don't really know the max range, but I have gone 50 miles without recharging numerous times.

Once I played 3 days of 18-hole golf without recharging.

I had it in the shop 3 times in 4 years. Twice to replace front tires and once for controller problem (fixed under warranty).

Yes, it was expensive, but I am happy with my purchase.
Old 01-16-2022, 08:55 AM
Veteran member

Lead acid battery golf carts have a 20-23 mile range and diminish every year. You have to check water levels and clean the battery posts every quarter and replacing 4-12 volt batteries is almost $1000.
Lithium are maintenance free, have double to triple the operating range, but costly. At least every 8 years you will be spending thousands of $$$ to replace your lithium batteries, the bigger the battery, the more it’s going to cost. Also, lithium batteries are toxic so where are all these batteries going to be stored after they end of life them?
The new Yamaha drive 2 gas carts have a range of over 300 miles, don’t small, are very quiet, and cheap to work on. I can have the golf cart people change my oil once a year for $100 and replace the belt for another $100. After many years, I can rebuild the engine for a few hundred $$$ and it will be like brand new (engine wise) for many more years.
Old 01-16-2022, 09:09 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
When I go on YouTube looking for a rave review of anyone's lithium golf cart I have yet to find one. I have found negative reviews of the range. For instance, one said when he drives two mile to the golf course and then plays 36 holes in the day and then wants to go have dinner before heading home, the cart battery will not last the trip.

I find it highly suspicious that a huge platform like YouTube would be devoid of people letting everyone know that lithium golf carts are the bee's knees.

I'd love to buy a lithium cart but I also don't see unqualified value without limits. By example, Nissan Leafs were everywhere for a while. Then people realized that the "BATTERY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM" caused the batteries to diminish in range dramatically. Now I seldom see a Leaf.

I also have not met a salesman yet who can explain what the battery warranty actually means. Does it mean we won't replace it if the cart continues to move 5 feet before stopping?
We have a fleet of 61 lithium battery carts and love them. Zero maintenance

Old 01-16-2022, 09:11 AM

Lithium batteries not allowed an planes. Fire risk high.

I like my garage
Old 01-16-2022, 09:30 AM

Everyone loves their electric cart for about 3 years and then something happens. Range drops and it becomes unreliable. The jury is out on lithium batteries. Let's have this conversation in about 3-4 years and see where we are at.
Old 01-16-2022, 09:55 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
Lithium batteries not allowed an planes. Fire risk high.

I like my garage
Last I checked I could still bring my cell phone and laptop on the plane.
Old 01-16-2022, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood8300 View Post
Had mine close to 3 years and still getting 80 miles per charge.
What size battery, singalong or Multiple
Old 01-16-2022, 10:09 AM
Sage

One of the main advantages of a lithium-ion battery-powered golf cart is that they have a much longer lifespan than a traditional lead-acid one.
The average lithium golf cart battery has around 2,000 to 5,000 cycles; whereas the average lead-acid one only has anywhere from 500 to 1,000 cycles.
That equates to over 10 years.
Recharge <3.5 hours
Range 70+ miles
300 lbs lighter than lead acid

Electric no noise, smell or pollution
Check how many Tesla's are being built

Old 01-16-2022, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Let’s us know when batteries get few hundreds charges no them. Let’s see how much for replacement ? $$$$.
10k miles on my 2019 4.0
zero issues, never even serviced.
No diminish in range that I can tell.
Old 01-16-2022, 11:02 AM
Default Love Lithium! ⛳️

Quote:
When I go on YouTube looking for a rave review of anyone's lithium golf cart I have yet to find one. I have found negative reviews of the range. For instance, one said when he drives two mile to the golf course and then plays 36 holes in the day and then wants to go have dinner before heading home, the cart battery will not last the trip.

I find it highly suspicious that a huge platform like YouTube would be devoid of people letting everyone know that lithium golf carts are the bee's knees.

I'd love to buy a lithium cart but I also don't see unqualified value without limits. By example, Nissan Leafs were everywhere for a while. Then people realized that the "BATTERY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM" caused the batteries to diminish in range dramatically. Now I seldom see a Leaf.

Lots of positive reviews here too! We love our electric cart. It’s quiet, maintenance free and relaxing for a long ride. We haven’t had any problem with range- we regularly drive 11-13 miles to the golf course, play 18 holes, go to dinner and then back home with no problem. It’s a full day in the cart.

Good luck with your decision!
Old 01-16-2022, 11:16 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,858 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:

I have a 2021 EZgo RXV Elite lithium ion battery golf cart. Where am I supposed to leave a rave review where you would find it? I love it. 5 stars! No problems at all. No complaints at all.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	E5608074-C38E-4D19-8973-976CCB1F6305.jpg
Views:	935
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	92228  
Old 01-16-2022, 12:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:

Science and technology move AHEAD slowly, BUT it always moves ahead. We are in the Model T era of electric vehicle development and very IMPORTANTLY consumer ACCEPTANCE. Each person must accept the pros and cons of an EARLY-era Model T - like electric vehicle - or wait it out for later development and universal acceptance. It becomes an individual personality choice - similar to conservative or progressive. Some people REVEL in being innovators as in "the 1st person on the block" to have something. The innovators suffer the slings and arrows of being progressive and to over-extend the analogy - like Columbus being called a fool for believing that the earth was round! A more concrete example was that my FATHER told me in about 1950, "you see those antennas on the homes of our neighbors? "Those are only a passing fad because television can NEVER compete with radio". My Father said that you will see son, how smart I am. After a few years, he had to relent because my mother wanted a TV.
.......I won't bother to list the pros and cons of electric vs gasoline golf cars - I am sure other posters will do that. I could also add that you can notice the trend in electric drills from corded toward battery-powered. The hardware chains are selling plenty of battery-powered lawnmowers, which are somewhat like small vehicles.
.......The range and therefore consumer ACCEPTABILITY of all cars, trucks, and golf cars depends on the numerical quantity of CHARGING STATIONS that spring up. If a theater or restaurant or church had charging capability in its parking lot - then RANGE-ANXIETY would disappear. For the non-innovative (like my father), when you see the charging stations crop up, then it will be your turn to buy electric vehicles.........They DO improve the air quality and therefore are good for the earth and your fellow man.......just saying!
Old 01-16-2022, 02:46 PM

I was lucky to get 30
Miles with new Trojan batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgcetm View Post
70 miles is a standard electric cart. Not a Lithium battery cart. You wouldn’t pay the additional money for the same 70 miles.
Old 01-16-2022, 02:48 PM

I have an EZ-Go Lithium. We’ve gone 50 miles & it appears we could get 60 but haven’t tried. The batteries are guaranteed for 8 years.
Closed Thread

Tags
lithium, golf, cart, battery, range

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.