Live Oaks Park and Dogs

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills
Default Live Oaks Park and Dogs

There has been discussion in some various threads about Live Oaks Park and if dogs are allowed. As I own a villa which faces out onto the park and also own two dogs, I decided to check it out from the source. I discussed this with John at the District Rec Department. He said that dogs are not allowed at Live Oaks Park. It is a "people only" park. The reason for this is because of the natural habitat and the preserve. There was concern that dogs would disturb the natural and sensitive environment of the park and preserve, the plants, birds and bees, and the rest of nature there. He said there are three dog parks within TV and this particular park was designated people only for the pre stated reasons.
When you are at the park, I hope you will enjoy one of the picnic tables that we bought! It has a little saying and is signed by Bob and Jane! I bought it in memory of my dad who passed away in December.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I like the idea that dogs are restricted.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Default Live Oaks Park and Dogs

Please tell where Live Oaks Park is located. Souds like a nice place to go to without the dog. Thanks
Old 03-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane032657 View Post
There has been discussion in some various threads about Live Oaks Park and if dogs are allowed. As I own a villa which faces out onto the park and also own two dogs, I decided to check it out from the source. I discussed this with John at the District Rec Department. He said that dogs are not allowed at Live Oaks Park. It is a "people only" park. The reason for this is because of the natural habitat and the preserve. There was concern that dogs would disturb the natural and sensitive environment of the park and preserve, the plants, birds and bees, and the rest of nature there. He said there are three dog parks within TV and this particular park was designated people only for the pre stated reasons.
When you are at the park, I hope you will enjoy one of the picnic tables that we bought! It has a little saying and is signed by Bob and Jane! I bought it in memory of my dad who passed away in December.
That makes perfect sense. Jane, thanks for explaining about Live Oaks Park.
And if I go there, I will certainly enjoy your dad's picnic table. What a nice idea.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

Live Oaks Park is over the Morse Street Brdge located right outside the gates to the new Hacienda at Mission Hills Courtyard Villas heading toward 466. Please do enjoy the table with the Bob and Jane Bloom name on it. My dad always enjoyed being able to sit outside in the sunshine and lived in Florida for 30 years outside of Fort Lauderdale before I brought him and my mom to Seattle to be with us. I just thought the purchase of the table would be a happy place for me to sit and reflect, and think of him, he was a wonderful dad who gave all his love to his family. A simple man who just loved his family and friends and lived until 93.

Last edited by jane032657; 03-08-2012 at 06:07 PM. Reason: wrong number
Old 03-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Sage

Went by there today....it looks lovely and peaceful!!! Thank you for posting this link as well so there aren't any misunderstandings!!!
Old 03-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Smile

What a lovely way to remember your dad! I like the park benches but the tables seem even nicer...I will definitely stop there.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.