Liver & Onions Second Poll

View Poll Results: What date do you prefer for Liver and Onion dinner?
Tues., April 9 6 37.50%
Weds., April 10 8 50.00%
Thurs., April 11 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelguy View Post
what restaurant? I love liver and onions, but will not make it at home. and of course i am the only one in the family who will eat it.
There is another poll where people are voting for the restaurant. Currently Toojays is in the lead, with Hacienda Hills a close second.

See here Liver and Onions Poll

Meanwhile, I will bump that poll up.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
There is another poll where people are voting for the restaurant. Currently Toojays is in the lead, with Hacienda Hills a close second.

See here Liver and Onions Poll

Meanwhile, I will bump that poll up.
I am not qualified to vote in the poll because I've not yet moved to TV nor have I had a chance to eat at any of these restaurants when I visited. However, I am astonished over the people who like liver and onions. I have always loved it, but when I make it for myself, the family runs in the other direction.

My mother used to cook me calves liver and sauteed onions while growing up in Pittsburgh. Does the fact that you lived in Pittsburgh have significance?
Old 03-29-2013, 05:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG@TV View Post
I am not qualified to vote in the poll because I've not yet moved to TV nor have I had a chance to eat at any of these restaurants when I visited. However, I am astonished over the people who like liver and onions. I have always loved it, but when I make it for myself, the family runs in the other direction.

My mother used to cook me calves liver and sauteed onions while growing up in Pittsburgh. Does the fact that you lived in Pittsburgh have significance?
Well, maybe so! Anyone who is from Pittsburgh and loves the same things I love from my childhood--must be a Pittsburgh connection! My husband is a Pgh. native and loves liver & onions too. Our kids, not so much, although our older son loves chicken liver pate.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Well, maybe so! Anyone who is from Pittsburgh and loves the same things I love from my childhood--must be a Pittsburgh connection! My husband is a Pgh. native and loves liver & onions too. Our kids, not so much, although our older son loves chicken liver pate.
Maybe it is a Pittsburgh thing. I'll enjoy liver in any form: calves, chicken livers, or chopped with raw onions. Unlike your son who loves the pate, my would rather eat dog food than liver. Then again, he wasn't raised in Pittsburgh as I was!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG@TV View Post
Maybe it is a Pittsburgh thing. I'll enjoy liver in any form: calves, chicken livers, or chopped with raw onions. Unlike your son who loves the pate, my would rather eat dog food than liver. Then again, he wasn't raised in Pittsburgh as I was!!!
Okay, that's the answer! Our oldest was born in Columbus but we moved back to Pgh. just after he turned 1. so he thinks he's a native, and therefore likes liver pate, not to mention the Penguins. (Poor Sid and his broken jaw. They were doing so well.)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.