Living in a Courtyard Villa (flowers/plants along neighbor's house)

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2020, 06:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

I always vote low maintenance, the lower the better
Old 08-17-2020, 02:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
I always vote low maintenance, the lower the better
I vote for clearance, had Hugh queen palm at corner of my corner lot. If that palm felt During storm it would take out the concrete wall plus the neighbors garage. I had it removed. It was overgrown and too high to Be able to prune not to mention the Hugh seed pods that are widow makers. I miss the shade on west side but pleasing to know it wasn’t going to smash my neighbors house or mind.
Old 08-17-2020, 03:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Courtyard Villas are certainly a new concept as far as property lines go. The way my neighbors and I deal with it is: do you mind if I do this? Is this okay with you? It works well. Yes, if damage occurs you will be responsible but it’s mostly a matter of communication and goodwill with your neighbors. It has worked for us for the past 8 years.
Old 08-17-2020, 03:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypress View Post
You are indeed. While visiting people in courtyard villas I've seen trellises against their neighbors wall, metal artwork, etc.

I don't know what people are thinking when they do this.
Perhaps their neighbors don’t mind. Perhaps they asked their neighbors.
Old 08-17-2020, 04:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
Courtyard Villas are certainly a new concept as far as property lines go. The way my neighbors and I deal with it is: do you mind if I do this? Is this okay with you? It works well. Yes, if damage occurs you will be responsible but it’s mostly a matter of communication and goodwill with your neighbors. It has worked for us for the past 8 years.
That’s fine till the house sales and out of compliance and the new owners get blind sided. IMO best to follow the rules and agreements you signed on dotted line. IMO under no circumstances should be pounding or drilling holes in neighbor’s house wall. I wouldn’t even think of asking or doing it.
Old 08-18-2020, 07:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hape2Bhr View Post
I (we) are new to TOTV...we bought in March this year after renting for two winters. We returned north 3 days after our purchase; a courtyard villa between 466 and 466A, west of Bonita.
I asked our neighbor to remove 3 hanging flower pots or bird feeders, from our gutter, which he did promptly, prior to our heading north. Upon reading all our closing papers after arriving home, I see that nothing can be attached to a neighbors wall. Unfortunately this same neighbor has either 2 plants or feeders mechanically attached to our wall at the front and rear, behind the fence.
Being new to the neighborhood, we do not want to appear like nudges and get off on the wrong foot. However, we do want the items removed from the wall, and any holes repaired and painted. Do I have free access to this wall should he not take care of this?
Thanks for any advice.
wow, i'd be a tad upset knowing someone physically attached anything to our home. it's rather 'pushy', for lack of a better word, & i'd report this right away if he/she doesn't remove and repair any damage. make sure the work is done to YOUR satisfaction. this person doesn't sound like a good neighbor, & don't let them take advantage of you by misunderstanding your politeness as a sign of weakness. good luck!
Old 08-18-2020, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Here is who you need. Seems to solve all problems!
HOA Cynthia Advises New Neighbors - GEICO Insurance - YouTube
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, house, wider, grow, living

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.