Living Full Time

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2017, 09:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Last summer was hot, this summer may be even hotter-going to Highlands, NC--may buy a summer get away- IMHO, after 10 AM- its too hot to be outdoors June-Sept
I play golf four to five days a week at 10:00 am and often hit balls as well. If you don't get out in the heat, you don 't get used to it. If you spend all f your time in AC you'l never get acclimated to the weather here. It's the same as someone who never goes outside int he winter up north.

Why would anyone move to Florida if they didn't want to live in warm weather?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:48 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Last summer was hot, this summer may be even hotter-going to Highlands, NC--may buy a summer get away- IMHO, after 10 AM- its too hot to be outdoors June-Sept
Last summer we spent about 3 weeks in upstate NY, Ohio and West Virginia. It was hot there too and not everybody had whole house air conditioning. All places we stayed at did but then we would go visit people we knew and they didn't. It was hot. Would have been better to stay at home.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:52 PM
Sage

Having central air conditioning with reasonable electric costs is wonderful.
Old 05-21-2017, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I live in a CYV community in Tamarind Grove, fairly new it was built in spring 2011 and sold out by July. It was built right after Buttonwood and right before St. James. We have 13 CYV's on my street and 3 are snowbirds and all have left for the summer. We have 10 occupied villas year round, so the snowbirds are only about 20% on our street.
Old 05-21-2017, 10:39 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

When I visit in a couple of weeks I got a feeling I may be overwhelmed by the shear size of TV. One of TV realtors is going to show me around. I know for sure I want a two bedroom with garage and screen in lanai. As far as living in FL year round, I'm all for it. I just can't take the cold weather up here anymore.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Don't approach your visit looking at The Villages as this huge behemouth. We all live in Villages and all have access to amenities, shopping and food (did I mention food). It's no different than any city, you live in one area and only occassionaly visit other areas. Example, we live in Hillsboroug. We have 3 Championship courses, 1 Regional Rec Center, 3 Neighborhood rec centers and 4 Adult pools within 10 minutes by cart. Brownwood is 8 minutes and that's movies restuaraunts and shopping. Winn Dixie and Publix take care of food shopping. We are 20 minuts from Lake Sumpter Landing (by cart). Anything north of Sumter is for the Savannah Center or The Sharon to see shows. Don't try and think you need to have access to the entire Villages, you don't.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-21-2017, 04:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I'm single and live in TV all year round. A 2B/2B villa with a 1 1/2 car garage is more than enough for me. It allows company to stay over and small enough to clean quickly.

The garage will fit a car plus a golf cart!
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
That's kinda what I'm leaning to. I don't want on need a big place.
Friends of mine in their 50's have a slightly bigger house than mine and use to have a much larger house in Long Island, NY. When she said, I wish I had a bigger house.

I informed her that as we get older, you won't jump out of bed saying, "oh great, I get to clean this big house again".

BTW - Being from NY and CT, I don't miss the winters at all. Last winter before moving here, (2012), was hurricane Sandy and we had 3 feet of snow in one snowfall.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 05-21-2017, 08:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Do you miss Wonderland?
My brother-in-law worked there and my father was on the Revere Police Dept and worked a lot of details at the track.

When I do go back I do a few things. First I must go to the beach. Then I get a roast beef at Kelley's and then go to dinner at DeMaino's.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:51 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Friends of mine in their 50's have a slightly bigger house than mine and use to have a much larger house in Long Island, NY. When she said, I wish I had a bigger house.

I informed her that as we get older, you won't jump out of bed saying, "oh great, I get to clean this big house again".

BTW - Being from NY and CT, I don't miss the winters at all. Last winter before moving here, (2012), was hurricane Sandy and we had 3 feet of snow in one snowfall.
Do you remember the blizzard of 1978? In my opinion, that was the greatest of them all.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:54 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
My brother-in-law worked there and my father was on the Revere Police Dept and worked a lot of details at the track.

When I do go back I do a few things. First I must go to the beach. Then I get a roast beef at Kelley's and then go to dinner at DeMaino's.
ah, Kelly's Roast beef sandwich. Legendary!
Old 05-22-2017, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
When I visit in a couple of weeks I got a feeling I may be overwhelmed by the shear size of TV. One of TV realtors is going to show me around. I know for sure I want a two bedroom with garage and screen in lanai. As far as living in FL year round, I'm all for it. I just can't take the cold weather up here anymore.
You can break it down by the age of the homes, which can also help determine price, establishment of the neighborhood, repairs, etc.

• Homes North of 466 along Buena Vista were built years 2000 thru about 2007.
  • Homes north of 466 along Morse built 1990 thru 2000.
  • Homes between 466 and 466A built between 2005 and 2012.
  • Homes south of 466A built 2011 to present.

Others who have better knowledge can help update these years.
Closed Thread

Tags
time, full, year, live, months

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.