Living in the modular villages homes

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Veteran member
Default Living in the modular villages homes

Can any residents in the Modular communities help me with the pros and cons of modular living? Some of the For Sale homes are so beautiful and affordable. Are the HOA fees the same, as well as your ammenities? Any info will help in our decision making for a permanent Villages home. Thanks
Old 06-19-2011, 05:53 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN & JOSIE View Post
Can any residents in the Modular communities help me with the pros and cons of modular living? Some of the For Sale homes are so beautiful and affordable. Are the HOA fees the same, as well as your ammenities? Any info will help in our decision making for a permanent Villages home. Thanks
It is my understanding they are all the same.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Hi Kevin & Josie,
Welcome to TOTV. There are no HOA fees in TV. The Amenities fees would be the same; however, there is no bonds on the homes in the modular section.

So... come on down to Lower Paradise!
Old 06-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Sage

Kevin & Josie:

If the modular homes are in the "Historic" section of TV, the landscaping would be mature and has no bond.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:13 PM

No bond and no yearly maint assessment which is another charge that is on your tax bill. Also, you typically have more room between homes and several of the original homes have been taken down and replaced with either site built homes or new manufactured homes. The only fee that is there is the ammenties fee.

Hope that helps!
Old 06-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Default Hello!!

Quote:
We have a home in the Historic Section and would not want to live anywhere else. Our property taxes are MUCH lower; same amenities fees; lots of beautiful mature trees; nice large lot and we have the most beautiful CC pool of all! We like it there very much!
Old 06-20-2011, 05:36 PM
Veteran member

Thanks for the info....all and any helps. We can't wait to come back again and visit more choices! I hope to visit the modulars this time.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBear View Post
We have a home in the Historic Section and would not want to live anywhere else. Our property taxes are MUCH lower; same amenities fees;
I have heard (rumor) that items such as trash and basic cable are included in the fees (amenities or ?) in the historic section ... is this true? Are you in a CDD ... if yes, don't you have a CDD maintenance fee? If not, are you in Lady Lake and pay Lady Lake taxes?
Old 06-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Sage

The original homeowners who bought here on the historic side were given special deals that include free basic cable for life and free garbage collection. We all pay our monthly fee to the Villages Community Development District and are entitled to the same amenities that all residents are entitled to have and use.

We have recreation centers, a dog park, a fire department, a rescue squad, a police department, two pools with hot tubs, pools that stay open until 11 p.m. with lights, I can go on and on. I love it here on the historic side.

Residents of The Villages who live in Lake County (which is where the historic side is located - Orange Blossom Hills, Country Club Hills and Silver Lake...did I leave any out?) don't have bonds on our homes. We pay Lake County taxes and taxes for hospitals and schools and a long list of other taxes that are very confusing when you call to get it sorted out at tax time.

I agree with BaylorBear. This is paradise and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:49 PM

For those of you that life in the historic side. How easy would it be for newcomer to fit in. One thing I've heard is that moving into the newer areas it is easier to fit in to community as friendships are already established in the older areas. Is this true? I will be moving form North East and know that, unfortunately, it can be harder to break into older established communities than into ones where everyone is new. I do not want to be the outsider, but like the idea of an established neighborhood. I know there re probably pros and cons to each.

Suzanne
Old 06-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Sage

Suzanne, we live on a cul-de-sac. All of our neighbors, except for one couple, are the original owners of their homes here on the historic side. They have welcomed us with open arms. We just moved here fulltime in March.

My husband is the fill in for the foursome for golf every Wednesday. One neighbor is a snowbird and has gone back north for the summer so he fit into the man's slot perfectly. (We know he'll be out when the man comes home to Florida and we've laughed about how my husband will get kicked out of the group.) I've been invited to play as a foursome several times. We've lunched together and are becoming true friends with the immediate neighbors.

We swim every night. We have been welcomed by the regulars at the pool and are planning to join clubs with some of the people we've met at the pool. We were just invited to a birthday party for one of the pool group tonight.

It has been a true blessing. We've been accepted and have accepted people we've met here on the historic side into our hearts and lives. It never ceases to amaze me the generosity, laughter and love that we've found with these old-timers here.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:48 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

there are a couple of things that we do not have on the historic side...roundabouts and traffic!

our villages are not complicated by grocery stores, department stores, pharmacies, restaurants, and other businesses that the general public seeks. but we have the conveniences of our executive golf course, our country club and its golf course and restaurant, a doggie park, a gas station, quick mart, and most important, a full service post office! we are an enclave unto ourselves! and yet, everything greater than that which we might need is just a quick golf cart ride away! and the convenience for weekend yard sailing is super! depending on the prevailing zephyrs, on any given nite we can hear the entertainment from spanish springs town square while enjoying our lanai!

'though our villages are referred to as the historic side, a poster here once referred to us as the legacy villages. it seems that more and more heirs are moving into the properties of their parents/grandparents or selling them to folks who are younger than our founding residents.

i don't know if i could be as happy in another village...happy - surely...as happy - ???

Old 06-21-2011, 03:29 AM

I have rented on the so called historic side 4 times....My wife and I are going to buy but we are not sure were , so we rent in different villages to experiance the pros and cons of each...We have enjoyed each and every village that we have stayed in, but I would say the people in the historic side seem to be more friendly then elswhere....Why .....don't know, maybe they are older and more relaxed ....But no matter where you stay you will love the people and life style there....I will be full time someday and even though i don't wish my life away i look forward to makeing the move and makeing those new friends..
Old 06-22-2011, 12:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistrucksforyou View Post
I have rented on the so called historic side 4 times....My wife and I are going to buy but we are not sure were , so we rent in different villages to experiance the pros and cons of each...We have enjoyed each and every village that we have stayed in, but I would say the people in the historic side seem to be more friendly then elswhere....Why .....don't know, maybe they are older and more relaxed ....But no matter where you stay you will love the people and life style there....I will be full time someday and even though i don't wish my life away i look forward to makeing the move and makeing those new friends..
Renting in different villages if one has the time before buying is a very good idea!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:33 AM

My only question is: Will they hold up to a tornado? Will they hold up better than a wood home or a stucco home? Seriously. The rest of the comments, however, sound wonderful!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.