Living next to non-Village residents in Fenney (5653 Spartina Terrace, Desoto)

Closed Thread
Old 12-18-2018, 06:56 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,339 Times in 1,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Good point!

The kind of locals who live next to McClure are VERY different from the kind of locals that live next to Fenney.
Correct, they have more land rather than 1/2 acre lots therefore the trash burning is allowed. There are burning regulations within Wildwood and they are enforceable, only takes a phone call.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeg180 View Post
I need to confirm this with several bartenders. Wouldn’t want to be a source of rumors
Old 01-14-2019, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Good point!

The kind of locals who live next to McClure are VERY different from the kind of locals that live next to Fenney.
Care to elaborate?
Old 01-14-2019, 05:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Good point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Care to elaborate?
Yes, what is the difference??
Old 01-14-2019, 05:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Care to elaborate?
I was being sarcastic when I said that.

When I was practicing at Loblolly in McClure, I noticed some neighbors burning trash. Another poster thought my comment was off-topic because it concerned neighbors of McClure whereas this topic is about neighbors of Fenney.

I guess my sarcasm did not come through. Actually, I have no idea what the neighbors are like.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,924 Times in 2,450 Posts

Quote:
We were practicing golf at Loblolly on a Sunday and we noticed that at least one of the non-Village neighbors was burning a lot of trash and the smoke and smell were moving over the Loblolly golf course. I guess Sunday is trash burning day.

Since a lot of the non-Village houses along 468 are for sale, we wonder why The Villages did not buy them when they were building Fenney. I guess we will never know.
Probably burning insulation off copper wiring
Old 01-15-2019, 05:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member

We had a similar experience at Loblolly . People in adjoining neighborhood burning trash with smoke wafting over the first couple of tees. We were playing with a Villages couple who lived in the close by Village who said it goes on frequently and that they are considering moving because of the issue and frequency.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
We had a similar experience at Loblolly . People in adjoining neighborhood burning trash with smoke wafting over the first couple of tees. We were playing with a Villages couple who lived in the close by Village who said it goes on frequently and that they are considering moving because of the issue and frequency.
Instead of such a drastic move, they should call the Wildwood police department and ask if those particular homes are allowed to burn trash. If they are allowed not much can be done but if there is an ordinance for those homes they will contact them. That would be my first step before even considering moving.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
I was being sarcastic when I said that.

When I was practicing at Loblolly in McClure, I noticed some neighbors burning trash. Another poster thought my comment was off-topic because it concerned neighbors of McClure whereas this topic is about neighbors of Fenney.

I guess my sarcasm did not come through. Actually, I have no idea what the neighbors are like.
OK, thanks for your explanation.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
This solidifies the impression I had when driving to Fenny on 468.
I knew when I saw the smoke coming from a home owner along that road that I would not want to live near any of that.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Instead of such a drastic move, they should call the Wildwood police department and ask if those particular homes are allowed to burn trash. If they are allowed not much can be done but if there is an ordinance for those homes they will contact them. That would be my first step before even considering moving.
Carefully check the addresses before calling. I think you will learn that the parcels being discussed are not in Wildwood. They were never annexed by Wildwood - they are in unincorporated Sumter County. If I am correct, then the call should be made to the Sumter County Sheriff Office.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Carefully check the addresses before calling. I think you will learn that the parcels being discussed are not in Wildwood. They were never annexed by Wildwood - they are in unincorporated Sumter County. If I am correct, then the call should be made to the Sumter County Sheriff Office.
Good luck if it's unincorporated anywhere.
Think rural Mayberry and the Darlings.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2019, 11:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Have to love the fact that people have more than likely lived in these homes off of 468 for years, certainly well before The Villages expanded.

Now that new Villages residents have settled into their homes down there and don't like the smell of smoke, everyone is up in arms about how to control it, to include calling law enforcement.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Have to love the fact that people have more than likely lived in these homes off of 468 for years, certainly well before The Villages expanded.

Now that new Villages residents have settled into their homes down there and don't like the smell of smoke, everyone is up in arms about how to control it, to include calling law enforcement.
How did you come up with everyone is up in arms, there is only one complaint of smoke out of the thousands of people that live here. I simply stated that calling the Wildwood police department to see if there is an ordinance would be the most logical first step if the smoke bothers them. It's no different than calling the police department if a dog is running loose or excessively barking. Just because they have lived here for many years does not mean what they are doing is allowed.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
How did you come up with everyone is up in arms, there is only one complaint of smoke out of the thousands of people that live here. I simply stated that calling the Wildwood police department to see if there is an ordinance would be the most logical first step if the smoke bothers them. It's no different than calling the police department if a dog is running loose or excessively barking. Just because they have lived here for many years does not mean what they are doing is allowed.
My post is directed at the snide and condescending comments that have been posted on this forum since the beginning of Fenney construction, regarding the homes and homeowners along 468. And sure, definitely call the authorities if you suspect criminal activity.
Closed Thread

Tags
residents, area, non-village, villages, land

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.