Forget about work, what is and was you hobby.```

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Administrator
Default Forget about work, what is and was you hobby.```

There is another thread here about what we did in the working world.

I am interested in what interesting hobbies you have had over the years and whether you still are at it.

I was a photographer starting at 13 years old. I made it a business, was a press photographer and returned to hobby status. I still love it.

Woodworking is still a favorite, as is sailing and bicycling.

I don't have enough time for all the hobbies.

What about you? ???
Old 04-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Forget about work, what is and was you hobby.```

My number one hobby is fly fishing. Trout was my primary quarry (catch and release only). I haven't wet a line since I've been in FL full-time, but I'm scoping-out potential places. My other passion is golf.....but alas, I haven't played around since I've been in town. I need a golf buddy. Any takers?
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 04-22-2007, 07:00 PM

I loooove biking, dancing and cooking. I worked for many years with severe behavior children and I now am a CareGiver for elderly seniors.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:46 AM

Hi Judy...

Interesting to find you on here!
Old 04-24-2007, 07:35 PM

Hmm.. hobbies.. or passions..

I have a passion for golf for the last 7 years. Before that it was a useless game and a terrific way to ruin a walk in the park chasing a ball into a gopher hole. Now I take 4 hour walks in a park trying to strike a ball the least amount of times into a small hole. Tis a game of the mind as much as the swing. I don't have to play against anyone except myself.

Reading is another passion that I have had all my life. I can be taken away to a myriad of places and times for hours.

Since I have retired, I have time to write, decorative paint, press flowers, knit Nanna blankets for my grandchildren, and take up photography working with the pictures to make videos with music using Movie Maker and Nero.

Hmm..that leaves me how much time in the day???????
Old 04-24-2007, 07:57 PM

In our former lives we were avid boaters on the Great Lakes (Michigan). Our last (had 4 boats in all over the years) and final boat was a new 36' SeaRay and we thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our 18 years as boaters. My husband is a private pilot and he owned a "Classic" Cessna 140 for 25 years...even restored it inside and out. But, alas, we had to sell our "toys" before moving down here. We both golf now...hubby more than me...bike ride & Bocce. I recently joined a quilting guild and am also taking quilting classes. Even though I've been sewing since age 9, I've never made a quilt. I also enjoy digital scrapbooking and just any kind of crafts.

YES, YES, YES...we're going through "excitement" withdrawal!!! We're really missing getting our boat ready for launch...which would have been this time of year...and everytime a small plane flies over...we look skyward...longingly.

I'm not sure we were ready to give up our toys and move down here to a much more sedentary lifestyle...but what's done is done.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.