Lock-Up Period Expiration (resales)

Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2019, 04:29 PM
Default Lock-Up Period Expiration (resales)

Now that the year Lock-Up Expiration Period has expired for many of the homes initially built in the Fenney area has expired, can anyone shed any information on the resale value of recently sold homes from the Fenney area?

Have the recently re-sold homes within the Fenney area increased significantly in price and what is the strength in the resale secondary market?

Thanks
Old 12-11-2019, 05:08 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

They have increased in value significantly since 2017. I noted here on another topic that many of the designer re-sales are realizing gains of six figures in less than 3 years, that is significant. Will it keep going, I don't know, will access to the north further increase values, I don't know, but I do know what they cost then and what they are selling for now, not asking, actual selling prices. I believe a lot of the increase is due to the lots being heavily discounted in the beginning.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvdd1 View Post
Now that the year Lock-Up Expiration Period has expired for many of the homes initially built in the Fenney area has expired, can anyone shed any information on the resale value of recently sold homes from the Fenney area?

Have the recently re-sold homes within the Fenney area increased significantly in price and what is the strength in the resale secondary market?

Thanks

Type in any address, together with the state and zip and many companies will give you their estimates of current value.(Realtor.com, Zillow, Redfin, Homes.com)
Old 12-11-2019, 11:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

Spec homes with a view in Linden are coming online listed 10% higher than similar recently completed homes constructed under contracts signed in June.

Last edited by Altavia; 12-11-2019 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

Be a bit careful when comparing new home prices with resale prices. It is entirely possible the original owner spent big money on a pool, granite, bird cages, driveway, landscaping etc... and that the cost of those upgrades is what you are seeing in the resale price rather than appreciation of the original structure.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Be a bit careful when comparing new home prices with resale prices. It is entirely possible the original owner spent big money on a pool, granite, bird cages, driveway, landscaping etc... and that the cost of those upgrades is what you are seeing in the resale price rather than appreciation of the original structure.
Or not. Our Village is eight years old. It is on 466, Bridgeport at Laurel Valley and people who have sold homes here have sold them for at least 100K more than they paid for them.

A rising national economic tide lifts all boats.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Agree with Gracie, when I stated the homes have had profits of 6 figures I know the owners personally and deducted the improvements that were made ending up with a true 6 figure profit.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:59 AM

Sale prices are public records. Go to the Sumter County Appraiser's web site (Sumter County Property Appraiser) and type in the address.

Likewise, tax records are also public. Go to the Tax Collector's web site (Search - TaxSys - Sumter County Tax Collector) and type in the address.
Old 12-13-2019, 07:42 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

This must be a good deal then on this Charlotte that was purchased a year ago and never lived in. Adding to the 2018 purchase price (240,800) one bond payment of $1,050 plus garage floor painting, glass tile backsplash, lots of landscaping and sales commissions, this home owner with an asking price of $247,900 will not achieve much of a return on investment. Some homes do increase in value and some don’t here in the Villages. It’s not a given that all owners will become rich by selling their house.

Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale

Sumter County Property Appraiser

P.S. And how could I overlook the payment of Taxes this year to Sumter and Wildwood of $3,293.90 plus UNIT 619 MAINTENANCE of 442.72 and Fire of $124. Did I miss anything again?

Last edited by twoplanekid; 12-13-2019 at 08:45 AM.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:29 PM

Also be aware that "market value" estimates like Zillow, etc. are fairly accurate in most of the country, but are consistently way lower than the listing price of homes in TV (sometimes even a 6 figure difference.) TV is unique in that they can get the inflated sales prices because people are willing to pay them for the "lifestyle" they are buying into. And that's before taking those bonds into account.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyVet View Post
Also be aware that "market value" estimates like Zillow, etc. are fairly accurate in most of the country, but are consistently way lower than the listing price of homes in TV (sometimes even a 6 figure difference.) TV is unique in that they can get the inflated sales prices because people are willing to pay them for the "lifestyle" they are buying into. And that's before taking those bonds into account.
We are "lucky too" if we own property here.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyVet View Post
Correct. A wide mix of home prices in the same geographic area throws Zillow's algorithm Off.

Last edited by Altavia; 12-13-2019 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
This must be a good deal then on this Charlotte that was purchased a year ago and never lived in. Adding to the 2018 purchase price (240,800) one bond payment of $1,050 plus garage floor painting, glass tile backsplash, lots of landscaping and sales commissions, this home owner with an asking price of $247,900 will not achieve much of a return on investment. Some homes do increase in value and some don’t here in the Villages. It’s not a given that all owners will become rich by selling their house.

Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale

Sumter County Property Appraiser

P.S. And how could I overlook the payment of Taxes this year to Sumter and Wildwood of $3,293.90 plus UNIT 619 MAINTENANCE of 442.72 and Fire of $124. Did I miss anything again?
That home is north of 44, the heavy appreciation we're discussing is south of 44, Fenney to be exact.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

It is in DeSoto. I thought Desoto is South of 44
Old 12-13-2019, 04:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
It is in DeSoto. I thought Desoto is South of 44
You are correct, ,my mistake.
Closed Thread

Tags
homes, area, fenney, resale, period

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.