Lock-Up Period Expiration (resales)

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-11-2019, 04:29 PM
jcvdd1 jcvdd1 is offline
Member
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 95
Thanks: 1
Thanked 14 Times in 8 Posts
Default Lock-Up Period Expiration (resales)

Now that the year Lock-Up Expiration Period has expired for many of the homes initially built in the Fenney area has expired, can anyone shed any information on the resale value of recently sold homes from the Fenney area?



Have the recently re-sold homes within the Fenney area increased significantly in price and what is the strength in the resale secondary market?

Thanks
  #2  
Old 12-11-2019, 05:08 PM
vintageogauge vintageogauge is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Posts: 2,306
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,476 Times in 484 Posts
Default

They have increased in value significantly since 2017. I noted here on another topic that many of the designer re-sales are realizing gains of six figures in less than 3 years, that is significant. Will it keep going, I don't know, will access to the north further increase values, I don't know, but I do know what they cost then and what they are selling for now, not asking, actual selling prices. I believe a lot of the increase is due to the lots being heavily discounted in the beginning.
  #3  
Old 12-11-2019, 07:47 PM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 38,549
Thanks: 3,346
Thanked 3,156 Times in 1,098 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvdd1 View Post
Now that the year Lock-Up Expiration Period has expired for many of the homes initially built in the Fenney area has expired, can anyone shed any information on the resale value of recently sold homes from the Fenney area?



Have the recently re-sold homes within the Fenney area increased significantly in price and what is the strength in the resale secondary market?

Thanks

Type in any address, together with the state and zip and many companies will give you their estimates of current value.(Realtor.com, Zillow, Redfin, Homes.com)
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #4  
Old 12-11-2019, 11:05 PM
Robbie0723 Robbie0723 is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 686
Thanks: 474
Thanked 365 Times in 172 Posts
Default

Spec homes with a view in Linden are coming online listed 10% higher than similar recently completed homes constructed under contracts signed in June.

Last edited by Robbie0723; 12-11-2019 at 11:16 PM.
  #5  
Old 12-12-2019, 11:36 AM
blueash's Avatar
blueash blueash is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,384
Thanks: 125
Thanked 1,195 Times in 326 Posts
Default

Be a bit careful when comparing new home prices with resale prices. It is entirely possible the original owner spent big money on a pool, granite, bird cages, driveway, landscaping etc... and that the cost of those upgrades is what you are seeing in the resale price rather than appreciation of the original structure.
__________________
I was a stranger and you WELCOMED ME : Matt 25:35, real Christianity
  #6  
Old 12-12-2019, 11:56 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 38,549
Thanks: 3,346
Thanked 3,156 Times in 1,098 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Be a bit careful when comparing new home prices with resale prices. It is entirely possible the original owner spent big money on a pool, granite, bird cages, driveway, landscaping etc... and that the cost of those upgrades is what you are seeing in the resale price rather than appreciation of the original structure.
Or not. Our Village is eight years old. It is on 466, Bridgeport at Laurel Valley and people who have sold homes here have sold them for at least 100K more than they paid for them.

A rising national economic tide lifts all boats.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #7  
Old 12-12-2019, 12:46 PM
vintageogauge vintageogauge is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Posts: 2,306
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,476 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Be a bit careful when comparing new home prices with resale prices. It is entirely possible the original owner spent big money on a pool, granite, bird cages, driveway, landscaping etc... and that the cost of those upgrades is what you are seeing in the resale price rather than appreciation of the original structure.
Agree with Gracie, when I stated the homes have had profits of 6 figures I know the owners personally and deducted the improvements that were made ending up with a true 6 figure profit.
  #8  
Old 12-13-2019, 06:59 AM
arbajeda arbajeda is offline
Member
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Fenney
Posts: 78
Thanks: 37
Thanked 65 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Sale prices are public records. Go to the Sumter County Appraiser's web site (Sumter County Property Appraiser) and type in the address.

Likewise, tax records are also public. Go to the Tax Collector's web site (Search - TaxSys - Sumter County Tax Collector) and type in the address.
  #9  
Old 12-13-2019, 07:42 AM
twoplanekid's Avatar
twoplanekid twoplanekid is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Posts: 1,575
Thanks: 3
Thanked 245 Times in 102 Posts
Default

This must be a good deal then on this Charlotte that was purchased a year ago and never lived in. Adding to the 2018 purchase price (240,800) one bond payment of $1,050 plus garage floor painting, glass tile backsplash, lots of landscaping and sales commissions, this home owner with an asking price of $247,900 will not achieve much of a return on investment. Some homes do increase in value and some don’t here in the Villages. It’s not a given that all owners will become rich by selling their house.

Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale

Sumter County Property Appraiser

P.S. And how could I overlook the payment of Taxes this year to Sumter and Wildwood of $3,293.90 plus UNIT 619 MAINTENANCE of 442.72 and Fire of $124. Did I miss anything again?

Last edited by twoplanekid; 12-13-2019 at 08:45 AM.
  #10  
Old 12-13-2019, 12:29 PM
NavyVet NavyVet is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 228
Thanks: 726
Thanked 163 Times in 100 Posts
Default

Also be aware that "market value" estimates like Zillow, etc. are fairly accurate in most of the country, but are consistently way lower than the listing price of homes in TV (sometimes even a 6 figure difference.) TV is unique in that they can get the inflated sales prices because people are willing to pay them for the "lifestyle" they are buying into. And that's before taking those bonds into account.
  #11  
Old 12-13-2019, 12:34 PM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 38,549
Thanks: 3,346
Thanked 3,156 Times in 1,098 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyVet View Post
Also be aware that "market value" estimates like Zillow, etc. are fairly accurate in most of the country, but are consistently way lower than the listing price of homes in TV (sometimes even a 6 figure difference.) TV is unique in that they can get the inflated sales prices because people are willing to pay them for the "lifestyle" they are buying into. And that's before taking those bonds into account.
We are "lucky too" if we own property here.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #12  
Old 12-13-2019, 01:28 PM
Robbie0723 Robbie0723 is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 686
Thanks: 474
Thanked 365 Times in 172 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyVet View Post
Also be aware that "market value" estimates like Zillow, etc. are fairly accurate in most of the country, but are consistently way lower than the listing price of homes in TV (sometimes even a 6 figure difference.) TV is unique in that they can get the inflated sales prices because people are willing to pay them for the "lifestyle" they are buying into. And that's before taking those bonds into account.
Correct. A wide mix of home prices in the same geographic area throws Zillow's algorithm Off.

Last edited by Robbie0723; 12-13-2019 at 01:40 PM.
  #13  
Old 12-13-2019, 03:44 PM
vintageogauge vintageogauge is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Posts: 2,306
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,476 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
This must be a good deal then on this Charlotte that was purchased a year ago and never lived in. Adding to the 2018 purchase price (240,800) one bond payment of $1,050 plus garage floor painting, glass tile backsplash, lots of landscaping and sales commissions, this home owner with an asking price of $247,900 will not achieve much of a return on investment. Some homes do increase in value and some don’t here in the Villages. It’s not a given that all owners will become rich by selling their house.

Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale

Sumter County Property Appraiser

P.S. And how could I overlook the payment of Taxes this year to Sumter and Wildwood of $3,293.90 plus UNIT 619 MAINTENANCE of 442.72 and Fire of $124. Did I miss anything again?
That home is north of 44, the heavy appreciation we're discussing is south of 44, Fenney to be exact.
  #14  
Old 12-13-2019, 03:59 PM
JSR22's Avatar
JSR22 JSR22 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,633
Thanks: 356
Thanked 548 Times in 206 Posts
Default

It is in DeSoto. I thought Desoto is South of 44
  #15  
Old 12-13-2019, 04:41 PM
vintageogauge vintageogauge is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Posts: 2,306
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,476 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
It is in DeSoto. I thought Desoto is South of 44
You are correct, ,my mistake.
Closed Thread

Tags
homes, area, fenney, resale, period

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 AM.