Lockdown at VRH?

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2020, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,426 Times in 3,080 Posts
Default Lockdown at VRH?

One news rag claimed there was a lockdown last night at the Villages Regional Hospital, from somewhere around 5:30 til around 8:30ish in the evening.

I haven't seen a single accounting of this news anywhere else - not on local network TV, or the regional paper newspaper. I didn't see any mention of it in the Daily Sun online either.

Is there anyone who can confirm this, or refute it? I not only live across the street from it (we were out to dinner when all this supposedly happened), but I know someone who is there for recovery from illness.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
One news rag claimed there was a lockdown last night at the Villages Regional Hospital, from somewhere around 5:30 til around 8:30ish in the evening.

I haven't seen a single accounting of this news anywhere else - not on local network TV, or the regional paper newspaper. I didn't see any mention of it in the Daily Sun online either.

Is there anyone who can confirm this, or refute it? I not only live across the street from it (we were out to dinner when all this supposedly happened), but I know someone who is there for recovery from illness.
Ask him/her?
Old 01-27-2020, 11:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Ask him/her?
That is not possible at this time.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
That is not possible at this time.
Hope he/she gets better, sounds more serious than just recovering from an illness
Old 01-27-2020, 11:57 AM
Sage

So does anyone know if there was a lockdown at VRH? Supposedly it was a bomb threat and the police were all over the place, employees ending their shifts weren't allowed to leave and those who were in the parking lot to start their shifts weren't allowed to enter.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:20 PM
Gold member

Quote:
So does anyone know if there was a lockdown at VRH? Supposedly it was a bomb threat and the police were all over the place, employees ending their shifts weren't allowed to leave and those who were in the parking lot to start their shifts weren't allowed to enter.
“The sheriff’s office confirmed a bomb threat had been received.”
There was an all clear announcement made!
Old 01-27-2020, 12:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
“The sheriff’s office confirmed a bomb threat had been received.”
There was an all clear announcement made!
Yes I read the "article" as well. But that online newsrag is the ONLY place I've seen any mention of it at all. In normal circumstances (meaning - anywhere else in the USA), a bomb threat at a hospital would make state news, if not national news.

Anyone can say "there was a bomb threat and the sheriff has confirmed that it's all safe." But that doesn't mean it actually happened. I question the veracity of that source (that online newsrag) because it has a habit of making up facts, and offering opinion as facts, and even putting factual information in the opinion column.

So I'm asking if anyone here - has personal knowledge of if there's any truth to it at all.

For instance:

"I was driving down Camino Real yesterday and saw an entire department's worth of county and state troopers careening up the street, sirens blaring."

or

"My mom was about to be released from a gall bladder operation at 5:45 but was not allowed to leave. They wouldn't tell us why, only that everyone had to stay put."

or

"I work in the cafeteria and they wouldn't let me in to start my shift til 8:45."

Anything to corroborate that story.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Snip>>> In normal circumstances (meaning - anywhere else in the USA), a bomb threat at a hospital would make state news, if not national news.<<<Snip

Excellent point!

Old 01-27-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Yes I read the "article" as well. But that online newsrag is the ONLY place I've seen any mention of it at all. In normal circumstances (meaning - anywhere else in the USA), a bomb threat at a hospital would make state news, if not national news.

Anyone can say "there was a bomb threat and the sheriff has confirmed that it's all safe." But that doesn't mean it actually happened. I question the veracity of that source (that online newsrag) because it has a habit of making up facts, and offering opinion as facts, and even putting factual information in the opinion column.

So I'm asking if anyone here - has personal knowledge of if there's any truth to it at all.................
Check the Sumter County Sheriff Facebook page.
My neighbor said it contains a post about the bomb threat at the hospital.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

News | The Villages Regional Hospital | The Villages, Florida

I posted this for the telephone number...Here it is; 352.751.8000 Let us know what you found out.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw Man View Post
Check the Sumter County Sheriff Facebook page.
My neighbor said it contains a post about the bomb threat at the hospital.
Thanks! I would not have known to even check on whether or not they had a Facebook page to look at, if not for your post.

It's pretty insane that a hospital would have a bomb threat and it not make the news on every local TV station, every radio station, every local and state newspaper in Florida.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

villages hospital bomb threat. - Bing
Old 01-28-2020, 05:45 AM

Have not heard anything about it but what is the concern? This could have been a drill for all you know. Could even have been a full scale drill . This, would include other respondents. Seen another post say there was an "all cleared" that went out. Another post said it was like a 3 hour window for lock down. Pretty quick for a bomb threat. Be glad safety procedure for this was enacted either way and nothing happened. At the facility I work in, we have had 5 lock downs in 2 years. None of them were known to the public and all were excellent for training. One would think if it was a real bomb threat you would have seen TONS of law enforcement and a bomb squad there. So how did you know it was a bomb? This should have been called out by a "code", not by name.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:00 AM

What local network TV?
Old 01-28-2020, 06:56 AM

The Village news paper does not print anything negative about the villages
Closed Thread

Tags
lockdown, regional, news, sun, online

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.