Lockdown at VRH?

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2020, 07:38 AM

It’s on channel 9 news this morning
Old 01-28-2020, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
So does anyone know if there was a lockdown at VRH? Supposedly it was a bomb threat and the police were all over the place, employees ending their shifts weren't allowed to leave and those who were in the parking lot to start their shifts weren't allowed to enter.
Yes there was a lockdown. A neighbor of mine works the switchboard at Leesburg Hospital and they were notified of a bomb threat at Villages Hospital by sheriff’s department.
Old 01-28-2020, 08:17 AM
Send a message via AIM to ragtag22 Send a message via Skype™ to ragtag22
Default Bomb threat

If you register with the Sumter Country Sheriff’s office you’re get notices on incidents like this. I received the notice from the Sheriff
Quote:
Yes I read the "article" as well. But that online newsrag is the ONLY place I've seen any mention of it at all. In normal circumstances (meaning - anywhere else in the USA), a bomb threat at a hospital would make state news, if not national news.

Anyone can say "there was a bomb threat and the sheriff has confirmed that it's all safe." But that doesn't mean it actually happened. I question the veracity of that source (that online newsrag) because it has a habit of making up facts, and offering opinion as facts, and even putting factual information in the opinion column.

So I'm asking if anyone here - has personal knowledge of if there's any truth to it at all.

For instance:

"I was driving down Camino Real yesterday and saw an entire department's worth of county and state troopers careening up the street, sirens blaring."

or

"My mom was about to be released from a gall bladder operation at 5:45 but was not allowed to leave. They wouldn't tell us why, only that everyone had to stay put."

or

"I work in the cafeteria and they wouldn't let me in to start my shift til 8:45."

Anything to corroborate that story.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:03 AM

I went pass around that time and the police were turning cars away and there was full force there. ambulance, fire, multiple police. not aware of what it was about
Old 01-28-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkey1 View Post
The Village news paper does not print anything negative about the villages
You've got that right!! If it isn't happy news, it's not fit to print.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:30 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie66 View Post
You've got that right!! If it isn't happy news, it's not fit to print.

Like that's such a bad thing?
Steve
Old 01-28-2020, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,437 Times in 3,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Like that's such a bad thing?
Steve
Yes it is such a bad thing. They spin important news that might have a negative connotation into something perky and happy. It lulls the reader into thinking that whatever it is, isn't really important.

Hypothetical example:

What they tell you:

The IRS is changing how you do your taxes, you can now submit the entire return on a post-card-sized form!

What they don't tell you:

In order to do this, you have to fill out 23 OTHER forms, taking approximately 6 hours longer than your last year's efforts, and then place the final line on each of those forms in the appropriate line on the post card.

What they tell you:

The Villages major routes will be getting a long-overdue makeover! Out of date foliage will be replaced with updated plants in beautiful colors, signs will be repainted, there'll be new LED bulbs put into the light fixtures, and reflective paint put on the curbs of every street corner along the routes!

Your maintenance fee will be going up 120% to reflect the additional cost, effective next Tuesday.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:46 AM

I can definitely confirm that there was a lock down as I was a patient in the ER when it occurred. It started with the fire alarms going off and overhead announcements of a Code Red and that no one was to pass through the fire doors. Later the overhead messages changed to 'Lock Down' but through out the incident there were timely repeated messages 'condition' is still in effect. No one told us (wife and I) what was happening but they did close the doors to all the treatment rooms. It is true about the staff change at 7pm. My day shift nurse was not allowed to leave till about 8:30p when they let the night shift staff in who were milling around outside somewhere. There were a LOT of law enforcement and fire men who passed by our room. We saw dogs go by several times and it was obvious the dogs were working. My case had already been worked up and I was waiting to be admitted to a room upstairs which I later learned was prevented by the lock down. As abruptly as it started it ended and everything went back to normal.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts
Exclamation

[QUOTE=OrangeBlossomBaby;1713206]Yes I read the "article" as well. But that online newsrag is the ONLY place I've seen any mention of it at all. In normal circumstances (meaning - anywhere else in the USA), a bomb threat at a hospital would make state news, if not national news.

Anyone can say "there was a bomb threat and the sheriff has confirmed that it's all safe." But that doesn't mean it actually happened. I question the veracity of that source (that online newsrag) because it has a habit of making up facts, and offering opinion as facts, and even putting factual information in the opinion column.

So I'm asking if anyone here - has personal knowledge of if there's any truth to it at all.

For instance:

"I was driving down Camino Real yesterday and saw an entire department's worth of county and state troopers careening up the street, sirens blaring."

or

"My mom was about to be released from a gall bladder operation at 5:45 but was not allowed to leave. They wouldn't tell us why, only that everyone had to stay put."

or

"I work in the cafeteria and they wouldn't let me in to start my shift til 8:45."

Anything to corroborate that story.[/QUOthat tabloid rag is just what it is--be wary of anything reported there, as they have a MAJOR bias & will only print negative stories to reflect their disdain of anything Morse-related
Old 01-28-2020, 11:09 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Yes it is such a bad thing. They spin important news that might have a negative connotation into something perky and happy. It lulls the reader into thinking that whatever it is, isn't really important.

Hypothetical example:

What they tell you:

The IRS is changing how you do your taxes, you can now submit the entire return on a post-card-sized form!

In order to do this, you have to fill out 23 OTHER forms, taking approximately 6 hours longer than your last year's efforts, and then place the final line on each of those forms in the appropriate line on the post card.

What they tell you:

The Villages major routes will be getting a long-overdue makeover! Out of date foliage will be replaced with updated plants in beautiful colors, signs will be repainted, there'll be new LED bulbs put into the light fixtures, and reflective paint put on the curbs of every street corner along the routes!

Your maintenance fee will be going up 120% to reflect the additional cost, effective next Tuesday.

Well I don't like CNN either So I don't watch or care what they say
Old 01-28-2020, 11:24 AM

That happens at may hospitals when a shooting patient comes into ER and it was not an accident
Old 01-28-2020, 11:44 AM

That is SO true!
Old 01-28-2020, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts

Not sure what I would do even if I got a complete rundown of the incident the next day.....much ado about nothing.
Old 01-28-2020, 02:47 PM

Yes, there was a bomb threat Sunday night, I was there. 5:30-8:30 pm, bomb sniffing dogs brought in. Found nothing. It was from a phone call.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:25 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Bomb threats are a dime a dozen. Nearly all are bogus, someone screwing with the authorities. Yes they have to be checked out just in case but I'm not going to worry all the time when I go some where. In the mid 70's I worked as the desk sergeant for the military police in Germany. The local American high school had a bomb threat every day for a week just after lunch. We had to dispatch MPs to the school along with the fire department to do a search. It got the kids out of class and probably some tests. The principal at the beginning of the next school week announced that any school time missed due to bomb threats would be made up on the week ends and during summer vacation if necessary. Guess what, the bomb threats stopped happening.
Certain people get their jollies doing these sort of things.
Closed Thread

Tags
lockdown, regional, news, sun, online

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.