Locked out

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2020, 01:28 PM
Default Locked out

The adult pools are closed indefinitely. I suppose chlorinated water and sunshine are bad for you.

Please explain why Pickle Ball courts are still open. Large groups of people gathered around talking waiting for a court. Not to mention the players handling a sweating ball being handled by multiple players.

The Villages should be consistent and close CONTACT SPORTS. There is no contact in the adult pools.
Who makes up these rules?
Old 03-27-2020, 01:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,601 Times in 5,194 Posts

I think the problem is that the rec centers are closed. The people who work in the rec center are also in charge of monitoring the pools, and testing the water. Apparently, there is no need to monitor the pickle ball courts.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy&Connie1103 View Post
The adult pools are closed indefinitely. I suppose chlorinated water and sunshine are bad for you.

Please explain why Pickle Ball courts are still open. Large groups of people gathered around talking waiting for a court. Not to mention the players handling a sweating ball being handled by multiple players.

The Villages should be consistent and close CONTACT SPORTS. There is no contact in the adult pools.
The Villages Recreation and Parks
They are available to answer all your questions.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:

Where did you see that? There's a limit of ten per court. Signs are on the court doors. Perhaps if you report it to the rec Dept they will take a count and possibly close the courts.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:55 PM

Quote:

I totally agree! No 6' distancing at the PB courts
Old 03-27-2020, 03:00 PM
Veteran member

pools are close because of people setting and touching chairs and table.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Where did you see that? There's a limit of ten per court. Signs are on the court doors. Perhaps if you report it to the rec Dept they will take a count and possibly close the courts.
Yep, that ought to endear you to thousands of pickleball players (of which I am NOT one). If you're not playing either, what is your problem?
Old 03-27-2020, 03:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Yep, that ought to endear you to thousands of pickleball players (of which I am NOT one). If you're not playing either, what is your problem?
i don't play pickle ball either but I do have a problem with having to go grocery shopping with the same people that are playing Pickle Ball. If it is true that Pickle Ball players congregate as they are waiting to go on the court and are not following the guidelines for social distancing, that is the problem. If they are touching the same ball as they play, I just hope they do follow guidelines to wash their hands after they play.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
i don't play pickle ball either but I do have a problem with having to go grocery shopping with the same people that are playing Pickle Ball. If it is true that Pickle Ball players congregate as they are waiting to go on the court and are not following the guidelines for social distancing, that is the problem. If they are touching the same ball as they play, I just hope they do follow guidelines to wash their hands after they play.
That's fair. But in that case they should revoke the playing privileges of the offenders, not everybody
Old 03-27-2020, 03:49 PM
Veteran member

I play tennis on courts near the pickle ball folks, and I must say, I’m pretty impressed with how safe they are. No mingling, no lines, they bring their own balls, often in what looks like a vat of disinfectant. Obviously they are six feet apart or they would hit each other when they swing. I’m not sure what it would look like playing pickle ball as a contact sport, but that is definitely not what I’m seeing out there.
Old 03-28-2020, 04:52 AM

We don’t have chlorinated pools.
Old 03-28-2020, 05:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rz5drf View Post
We don’t have chlorinated pools.
Really?? Why aren't they green? I haven't seen anyone dumping Bacquacil in them.

What do they use???
Old 03-28-2020, 05:21 AM

Please report to on FB to covid 19 police/TV
Old 03-28-2020, 05:38 AM

The virus is killed by dryness, heat, and ultraviolet light. Players use wipes on their hands, paddles, and ball after every game. They do not touch other players or their faces with their hands. The virus is not able to be transmitted airborne.
Old 03-28-2020, 05:53 AM

Bromine. Here is a quick definition of the difference. The chemical “Bromine” is very similar to chlorine in the way that it kills bacteria and harmful contaminants, but the two chemicals react in different ways in the swimming pool water. Bromine is most commonly used to sanitize spas/hot tubs because it is more stable than chlorine in the warmer temperatures.
Closed Thread

Tags
players, ball, contact, pools, adult

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.