Locked out

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2020, 05:56 AM

I am wearing a golf glove on my left hand. My right hand holds paddle. Therefore, I am not touching ball or latch on gate. We keep 6 feet apart, and do not touch each other.
Old 03-28-2020, 05:57 AM

salt
Old 03-28-2020, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric View Post
The virus is killed by dryness, heat, and ultraviolet light. Players use wipes on their hands, paddles, and ball after every game. They do not touch other players or their faces with their hands. The virus is not able to be transmitted airborne.
Quote........The virus is not able to be transmitted airborne. End quote.........What??? That is one of the easiest way for this virus to spread.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:07 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rz5drf View Post
We don’t have chlorinated pools.
They offer a number of benefits over a regular chlorine pool. Saltwater swimming pools draw on dissolved salt in the water to generate chlorine. The salt cell or generator utilizes a process called electrolysis to break down or separate the salt also known as sodium chloride or NaCl in the water.

So yes they are chlorine pools.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:16 AM

Pools closed indefinitely? The sign on the pool that I read said till March 31st.

Pools were closed (according to the newspaper) because people were breaking the 10 person gathering rule. The picture in the paper looked like it had at least 7 small children in the family pool. I’m sure we all agree that grandchildren are wonderful, but inviting them to a senior neighborhood when we are dealing with a pandemic is a little scary.

I think that should concern you more than the Pickleball players
Old 03-28-2020, 06:18 AM

Pool requires toilets, PB and Tennis doesn't.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:19 AM

It is my understanding that they are using their own equipment. I, personally have not seen “lines” of folks for the courts. In fact, I have seen more close contact in the grocery stores than on the courts.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric View Post
The virus is killed by dryness, heat, and ultraviolet light. Players use wipes on their hands, paddles, and ball after every game. They do not touch other players or their faces with their hands. The virus is not able to be transmitted airborne.
Confused...then why must we stay 6 feet away from everyone? Are you a doctor?
Old 03-28-2020, 06:32 AM

I definitely agree!!
Old 03-28-2020, 06:40 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy&Connie1103 View Post
The adult pools are closed indefinitely. I suppose chlorinated water and sunshine are bad for you.

Please explain why Pickle Ball courts are still open. Large groups of people gathered around talking waiting for a court. Not to mention the players handling a sweating ball being handled by multiple players.

The Villages should be consistent and close CONTACT SPORTS. There is no contact in the adult pools.
Who makes up these rules?
I contacted Richard Baier and John Rohan over a week ago about this precise observation; they never responded. Yesterday (March 27) I casually went be two centers' pickleball courts and saw way more than 10 congregate, a clear violation of CDC rules. And as if to add salt to the wound, PoliticoFlorida reported as of last night at 6:30pm by writer Arek Sarkissian that coronavirus is now spreading in The Villages by community spread or close contact with others (according to the Florida Dept. of Health in Sumter County) with at least five residents having contracted the virus! 29 county residents have also contracted the virus; 24 tested positive in Lake County; 8 in Marion County. The reporter also wrote that TV is also receiving a 250-bed mobile hospital from the Fla. Div. of Emergency Services. It seems Village officials must be following Trump's lead by being "late to the party", and a deadly one at that. All courts need to be closed down for the health and safety of ALL Villagers, not just those that play the game---and I play it 2-3x/week.

Last edited by hollywoodz; 03-28-2020 at 06:46 AM.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:41 AM

Outdoors on pickleball court.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:42 AM
Default Chlorinated pools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy&Connie1103 View Post
The adult pools are closed indefinitely. I suppose chlorinated water and sunshine are bad for you.

Please explain why Pickle Ball courts are still open. Large groups of people gathered around talking waiting for a court. Not to mention the players handling a sweating ball being handled by multiple players.

The Villages should be consistent and close CONTACT SPORTS. There is no contact in the adult pools.
Who makes up these rules?
It's not the pool, chlorine kiils micro,s it's the closeness of people chatting. If one person does there laps or exercises that is great,but alas congradation in a no no
Old 03-28-2020, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Really?? Why aren't they green? I haven't seen anyone dumping Bacquacil in them.

What do they use???
Watch/read this:

What is a Saltwater Pool? Chemistry, Lifespan, Cost, & More
Old 03-28-2020, 06:48 AM

For those that are still not following the CDC’s recommendations for social distancing. You should have a tattoo put on the bottom of you foot. “ I AM AN _______ DON’T WASTE A VENTILATOR ON ME”
Old 03-28-2020, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
Quote........The virus is not able to be transmitted airborne. End quote.........What??? That is one of the easiest way for this virus to spread.
This is not an aerosol virus; that is, one that travels through the air by itself. It is contained in droplets of saliva and possibly other bodily fluids. Read this for more info:

How Coronavirus Spreads | CDC
Closed Thread

Tags
players, ball, contact, pools, adult

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.