Locked out

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2020, 10:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

he was totally uninformed, and most likely he doesn't fully understand the theory behind what he's doing....but that's why he does what he does for a living
Old 03-28-2020, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric View Post
The virus is killed by dryness, heat, and ultraviolet light. Players use wipes on their hands, paddles, and ball after every game. They do not touch other players or their faces with their hands. The virus is not able to be transmitted airborne.

what???

wow, wake up
Old 03-28-2020, 10:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannygirl View Post
Instead of laying off the rec employees, why don’t they have them monitoring the pools. Most people who use the adult pools would abide by the 10 person rule and take turns 1 in—1out
It is my opinion that The Villages try in any way, shape or form, to NOT direct people in the form of telling them they cannot do things. I think they try very hard to treat us all as adults. And if they were to have rec employees at the pools and they would ask/tell someone not to do this or that and that someone wouldn't...………..then what??? Call the Village Watch who would call Law Enforcement? I don't think that there are laws governing that. And if we had the laws and our own law enforcement? Than someone has to pay for that and that someone would be us. I think closing the pools is a good idea. It won't be forever.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:24 AM

I suppose if they close the pickle ball courts they should also close the sidewalks as people passing one another are not 6 feet apart
Old 03-28-2020, 10:28 AM

Originally, the adult and sports pools were going to be left open. They wanted residents to self monitor and keep it to a group of 10 or less at a time. Apparently, residents were not adult enough to self monitor and people were gathering in much larger numbers. Therefore, the locked the pools. I would think adults in The Villages would be smart enough to NOT gather in large groups, waiting for a pickle ball court but apparently not. I don’t think there are locks on the pickle ball courts but who knows. I know I am staying away from large groups and so should you without being locked out of anything.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:36 AM
Default Pickleball

TE=coffeebean;1734727]i don't play pickle ball either but I do have a problem with having to go grocery shopping with the same people that are playing Pickle Ball. If it is true that Pickle Ball players congregate as they are waiting to go on the court and are not following the guidelines for social distancing, that is the problem. If they are touching the same ball as they play, I just hope they do follow guidelines to wash their hands after they play.[/QUOTE]

There are few people playing that I have observed. We spray the ball with a diluted Clorox spray after each game. I really doubt Pickleball players go to the grocery store before showering and washing their hands,
Old 03-28-2020, 10:36 AM

I have been told” oh they wear gloves playing PB”
Does not help.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:57 AM
Default Think for just a minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Yep, that ought to endear you to thousands of pickleball players (of which I am NOT one). If you're not playing either, what is your problem?
The problem is, that if 1 person has or gets the virus, doesn’t know it yet, then goes to your store, and infects other people, then it is EVERYONES problem!
Old 03-28-2020, 11:04 AM
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlcooper70 View Post
Adults Pools were overcrowded and the people going to the pools were congregating in groups.
Pickle ball courts = four people far apart from each other. What's the mystery?

If the people at the pool self limited to ten or so the pools would be open - of course choline is good for killing the virus.

THis confusing to me If ten people are in the pool.....is there a time limit to stay in the water so that the next 10 people can enjoy it too? And, while not in the pool, how many people are allowed in the surrounding areas assuming they will keep the proper distance?
Old 03-28-2020, 11:10 AM
Veteran member

village pools chlorinated via a liquid chlorine system. They are not salt pools. Call pool control they maintain all sports pools, country club pools and neighborhood pools.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDinelle View Post
The problem is, that if 1 person has or gets the virus, doesn’t know it yet, then goes to your store, and infects other people, then it is EVERYONES problem!
And the odds of that are very small. You're looking for a risk free world, but that doesn't exist. The universe is a dangerous place. Your odds of dying in an auto accident are greater than dying of CV19 that you picked up at a grocery store from someone who had played pickle ball.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:38 AM
Default Salt water pools

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Really?? Why aren't they green? I haven't seen anyone dumping Bacquacil in them.

What do they use???
Salt water.... Salt (NaCl) has been thrown in the pool and the salted water flows through a cell which when needed, electronically splits the NaCl into Na+ and Cl- ions. The Cl- Chlorine ions join together to form chlorine molecules which destroy bad stuff in the pool... Then the Na+ (Sodium) finds the chlorine and splits it up and reconstitutes it to back to a NaCl molecule..
So yes, there is chlorine in the pool.
Hope this helps.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:42 AM

Other then the water
Old 03-28-2020, 11:49 AM

I find it interesting that there are always some people that, after having lost something they enjoy, they seek out something else that should be taken away from others. I guess it makes them feel better.
Old 03-28-2020, 12:32 PM

I agree about the pickle ball courts and any contact sports.... but, the pools are not chlorinated... they use saline here and aside from that... if everyone decides to go to the pool it would be impossible to control social distancing in and out of the pool area...even more worriesome is the fact that everyone that goes thru the gate to get in has to touch and hold the lock down and to get out and I’m positive that even if some people don’t use their hands without gloves...it only takes one person to infect everyone there. The risk is extremely high.
Closed Thread

Tags
players, ball, contact, pools, adult

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.