Locked out

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2020, 06:55 AM

People were not following the 6' rule at the pools, there were crowds.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:55 AM
Default Pools

I would love to swim in this heat. To bad a few had to ruin for the many. (:
Old 03-28-2020, 06:56 AM

Adults Pools were overcrowded and the people going to the pools were congregating in groups.
Pickle ball courts = four people far apart from each other. What's the mystery?

If the people at the pool self limited to ten or so the pools would be open - of course choline is good for killing the virus.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:08 AM

I agree also your safer in pool then playing contact sports
Old 03-28-2020, 07:13 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodz View Post
I contacted Richard Baier and John Rohan over a week ago about this precise observation; they never responded. Yesterday (March 27) I casually went be two centers' pickleball courts and saw way more than 10 congregate, a clear violation of CDC rules. And as if to add salt to the wound, PoliticoFlorida reported as of last night at 6:30pm by writer Arek Sarkissian that coronavirus is now spreading in The Villages by community spread or close contact with others (according to the Florida Dept. of Health in Sumter County) with at least five residents having contracted the virus! 29 county residents have also contracted the virus; 24 tested positive in Lake County; 8 in Marion County. The reporter also wrote that TV is also receiving a 250-bed mobile hospital from the Fla. Div. of Emergency Services. It seems Village officials must be following Trump's lead by being "late to the party", and a deadly one at that. All courts need to be closed down for the health and safety of ALL Villagers, not just those that play the game---and I play it 2-3x/week.
Perhaps you should self quarantine yourself if you are that concerned about what other people do.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:20 AM

I still play pickleball a couple of times a week. Only with the same group of 4. Always with our own equipment. If others ask to play when courts are available the answer is no!!
If courts get full which I have not seen in my area I would leave.

Last edited by Syd2008; 03-28-2020 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric View Post
The virus is killed by dryness, heat, and ultraviolet light. Players use wipes on their hands, paddles, and ball after every game. They do not touch other players or their faces with their hands. The virus is not able to be transmitted airborne.
In fact, it ABSOLUTELY is transmitted airborne. That is THE most common way it’s getting transmitted. Hence the masks. Just be careful, everyone!
Old 03-28-2020, 07:21 AM

We use salt in our pool. We were told by T & D, a long time pool contractor at The Villages, that ALL pools in the Villages were salt water pools. However, while witnessing a pool tender at Sunset Point adult pool when asked if that was salt he was hauling in, he stated, "No, none of the pools in The Villages are saltwater pools." Is he just uninformed or misinformed?
Old 03-28-2020, 07:27 AM

I tried to get a response about this very topic from John Rohan but he won’t answer. These Pickleball players could be infected and not know it and carrying it into grocery stores where the rest of us have to go to buy food.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:30 AM

My wife and I are avid Pickleball players. For 2 weeks now we ONLY play against each other. When we go to a pod and see 3 courts in use we go to another pod. Use our own balls. Use our own chairs. Don’t touch anyone else’s Pickleballs and tell others not to touch ours. More need to do this.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:32 AM

Of course they are chlorinated. Good grief !!! If not regular chlorine then by a salt water system which works by
“ a salt water sanitation system (also called a chlorine generator) produces chlorine through an electrolysis process. This process occurs when the salt, or sodium chloride (NaCl), dissolves in the water and separates into sodium ions and chloride ions”.
Health regulations would not allow pools without a sanitized system to be permitted.

Last edited by Max0431Zoe; 03-28-2020 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Further explanation
Old 03-28-2020, 07:36 AM

It's about infecting each other. IMO, as much as I love the pools, TV did the right thing. The pools were crowded and people outright REFUSED to keep to the 10 people max, 6 FT apart rule. (I paid my fees and I'm going swimming!!) And TV should consider stopping PB AND golf too, due to crowds all day long at the starter shacks. If we're SMART and just stay in our homes for a few weeks or at least stay away from each other, and not touch things others can touch, then in a matter of weeks the virus will be GONE. The more we act like "children" and break the rules "because we want to go out and play" the longer it'll take for the virus to go away. People are literally dying, let that sink in, ... it's not a HOAX or something happening someplace else, ... and the economy is tanking ... and we're ****ed because we can't "go out and play?" If people stay home this will go away quickly, then we can SAFELY get back to our lives of privilege and the rest of the world can get back to work.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:41 AM

The pools were closed because they were still crowded with people and many of the people were standing close together. Chairs and tables were being shared by many people. People on the PB courts are using the corner courts, not the middle ones, and are not standing in groups while waiting.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:45 AM
Default If I were you I would just stay home and not come out.

If you go shopping for grocery's locally you are now around people of which you do not know where they have been and they may not be from the area "The Villages". If your so worried about yourself, stay home, watch CNN. You may get the Virus just watching the New's.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:46 AM
Sage

SO....with all this "but, but, but.." type of conversation on discussing what they're doing is safe or not...what if the whole state declares a quaranteen? Where everyone is mandated to remain inside---except maybe to go to the store or to seek medical help? The few (or many) people who continue to do what they do because they have a need to get out---it will affect the rest. Look at NYC, look at other areas of the country as well. The folks from NY that are leaving and coming here as well...people still milling around as if there isn't a world-wide epidemic as we've never seen before. People are worrying about swimming pools, pickleball courts and the list can go on. I'm a little perturbed because I AM immuno-compromised and in the rare times I've left my house I always have to wonder "will this be it, when I catch the virus?" If you can think of your extended family---maybe your kids if you have them and your grandkids, if you can't think of your friends and neighbors and those around you that you don't know.
Closed Thread

Tags
players, ball, contact, pools, adult

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.