Locked out

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2020, 07:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj740@comcast.net View Post
THis confusing to me If ten people are in the pool.....is there a time limit to stay in the water so that the next 10 people can enjoy it too? And, while not in the pool, how many people are allowed in the surrounding areas assuming they will keep the proper distance?
You pose some very good concerns. I guess it was best just to close the pools rather than having to deal with the issues you mentioned.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:35 PM
Default Pickleball

[play w spouse as partner; wear a rubber glove in non-paddle hand; wipe off ball w Clorox wipe after each game. Wave paddles to thank others at end of game. Wipe hands w Purcell after and paddle. It will lower your stress of having to stay indoors.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:39 PM

My understanding is, that all Villages equipment has been removed from pickleball courts.. i.e. balls, water containers, paddles, etc. If anyone wants to go play, they need to bring their own balls, water, paddles, etc. It is suggested that they only play with the people they come with. I no longer am playing, so I don't know how they are requiring maintaining social distance, on the court or in line. I'm also not sure how the "ball" thing works (i.e. does each person bring their own ball, and no one touches it, and, does everyone sanitize their paddle before and/or after each match? I think it's great that outdoor activities are still being made available. I don't get the pool bit...only one of the 3 type pools have been closed???
Old 03-29-2020, 07:04 AM

That’s awesome that the pickleball players are baking safe washing the balls 😳 take one hit to the face or sweat coming off that ball falls on you. Bam you got it! Enjoy!
Old 03-29-2020, 07:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rz5drf View Post
We don’t have chlorinated pools.
I don’t know what pool you get in ( retention Pond?) but ALL the ones I get in are heavy with chemicals. Could you imagine will all the people in pools and not have chlorine? What cesspool.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpascani View Post
My understanding is, that all Villages equipment has been removed from pickleball courts.. i.e. balls, water containers, paddles, etc. If anyone wants to go play, they need to bring their own balls, water, paddles, etc. It is suggested that they only play with the people they come with. I no longer am playing, so I don't know how they are requiring maintaining social distance, on the court or in line. I'm also not sure how the "ball" thing works (i.e. does each person bring their own ball, and no one touches it, and, does everyone sanitize their paddle before and/or after each match? I think it's great that outdoor activities are still being made available. I don't get the pool bit...only one of the 3 type pools have been closed???
Easy, bring cloth soaked in alcohol wipe down after. I agree when bunch show up that I don’t know I leave.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
You pose some very good concerns. I guess it was best just to close the pools rather than having to deal with the issues you mentioned.
And who going to monitor that? It’s not who’s in the pool it who standing in water foot apart or outside on the patios.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
i don't play pickle ball either but I do have a problem with having to go grocery shopping with the same people that are playing Pickle Ball. If it is true that Pickle Ball players congregate as they are waiting to go on the court and are not following the guidelines for social distancing, that is the problem. If they are touching the same ball as they play, I just hope they do follow guidelines to wash their hands after they play.
Wear gloves, I would be worried more about who sick or effected going to stores.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rz5drf View Post
We don’t have chlorinated pools.
Yes, we do. Every pool has chlorine (unless it is a UV pool... but that is a BAD idea).

It's a common misconception that a "salt water" pool does not have chlorine. It does. A salt water pool has a salt water chlorine generator (SWCG). Salt is added to the water at a fraction of the salinity of ocean water. The SWCG converts the salt to chlorine.

As the chlorine kills off algae, bacteria, etc, it converts back to salt. It's a self replenishing process.

The only difference is that with an SWCG you get constant chlorine addition as opposed to chlorine adds once a day or every several days, keeping the pool at a safer level of chlorine - it also allows you to keep chlorine at a lower ppm.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
these are salt water pools, not fresh water pools...the treatment is different

why haven't you seen anyone treating the pools?...maybe it's because the expensive professional grade equipment designed into the system is constantly maintaining the water quality and the folks that check it haven't been told that they needed to call you every time before they stopped over....their bad....hopefully the Morse family will dock their pay for not letting you know, so that you can make sure they do their job

They do it at night, stay up pass 9PM and you might see them.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:25 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I have not read anywhere chlorine and the sun kills the virus.
Chlorine does kill the virus. It's on the CDC site. Go to their site and do a search on swimming pools.

Pools are one of the safest places to be (as long as you are IN the water)
Old 03-29-2020, 07:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon Dent View Post
In fact, it ABSOLUTELY is transmitted airborne. That is THE most common way it’s getting transmitted. Hence the masks. Just be careful, everyone!
Somebody has to cough, you’re In they’re wind stream really close, spit, wipe they’re mouth, touch something you touch, or in closed in area like airplane where air recycled. IMO the big problem people traveled and NOT staying home long enough. Every time airplane lands the cycle starts over where they go if they are carrying the virus.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Yep, that ought to endear you to thousands of pickleball players (of which I am NOT one). If you're not playing either, what is your problem?
Snarky comments are not needed right now.

I am playing once a week, only four of us, maintaining distance, using gloves and keeping to 10 people to a court. That's two courts of four and one court of two. If an 11th person shows up, that person is shown the sign on the court door. If we go to a court that already has ten people on it, we don't go in.

I want the courts to stay open unless everyone starts abusing the rules like they did at the pools.

I wish you could find a nicer way to state your opinions.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:12 PM
Default Wake up people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz323 View Post
"The virus is not able to be transmitted airborne" That is not what I have been hearing since this miserable thing started. If that is the case why are medical folks in the trenches wearing these full face masks and in some cases fully enclosed air systems. I doubt because they are comfortable. I don't think this is something you want to be telling folks. The six foot "social distance" is the reason for the season!
The virus is ABSOLUTELY transmitted via air. Read any publication or listen to any medical expert. This is about the only thing every expert agrees on.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Snarky comments are not needed right now.

I am playing once a week, only four of us, maintaining distance, using gloves and keeping to 10 people to a court. That's two courts of four and one court of two. If an 11th person shows up, that person is shown the sign on the court door. If we go to a court that already has ten people on it, we don't go in.

I want the courts to stay open unless everyone starts abusing the rules like they did at the pools.

I wish you could find a nicer way to state your opinions.
I think you completely missed the sarcasm of my post. Go back and read the post I was responding to, IMHO my response was not "snarky" enough.
I'm glad you are still playing pickleball while taking the precautions of social distancing, just as I , along with thousands of others, continue to play golf. Our risk from both of these activities is extremely low to zero.
In fact, I am getting sick of the holier-than-thou chicken littles of TOTV who stay at home of THEIR OWN CHOICE, then accuse everyone else of being an "idiot", a "spreader", and "unpatriotic". I wish they would be afraid of contracting CV-19 from their own keyboards.
Duck, incoming---but I don't care because I won't be home
Closed Thread

Tags
players, ball, contact, pools, adult

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.