Lofts Surprise

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2020, 10:57 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
heard rentals are way below expectations. can’t compete with surrounding apartments

and that rumor supports why they are building more apartments.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,003 Posts

it's only snarky when someone here tries to influence division over a simple 'new' idea, as if it were happening to him/her personally. some of these posts are purposely used to divide residents, the same way things are happening on a national scale. deride, insult & delude others is the plan, but in the end, aren't we all neighbors? i think this upsets them the most
Old 10-18-2020, 11:52 AM
Veteran member
Default Section 8

The Lofts are small, but expensive. I wonder if there will be any Section 8 housing there. Asking for a friend.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:21 PM

I am a resident of the Lofts. Yes we pay for our parking & each spot is assigned to a resident. The recreation center & pool are open to all village's residents like all of the other amenities. You can park in areas when you first drive in that are not enclosed or use parking on the other side which is easy walking distance. This is a 55+ apartment complex. Before the poles were put in place it was like grand central station with people in cars & golf carts driving through the parking area which is assigned to residents only. It wasn't meant to be a short cut to the Square. I resent calling them low rent looking apartments. Yes they are expensive but we love living here. The apartment layouts are great. Residents are friendly. Landscaping will always be beautiful since the Villages manages the complex. Apartments are quiet. Quality windows to keep outside noises out. Each resident pays the same amenities that any of you pay separate from our rent. Our apartment complex will always look nice unlike part time owners renting their home or Villa out. When someone dies we don't have to worry who is going to keep up their apartment like homes that get neglected when the benefactor doesn't keep it up. We don't have to worry about neighbors cluttering up their yards with miscellaneous statues & objects that are eyesores to others. We are paying high rent but it is worth it to us because we no longer want the home & yard upkeep. I could drive by your homes & make snide comments. These apartments are in a perfect location for older people who do not need an independent or assisted living where the rent is much higher. All I have heard is bitching about our Apartments which are not affecting you in any way. Our pool is small but we have to share it with all of you who come bring your food cook out or just eat by the pool leaving your crumbs or droppings which bring ants & bugs. It is not us who will run down the area it is you who don't give a hoot what you do because you don't live here. The Apartments are here which I am grateful so you might as well accept it & shutup about it. Find something useful to do with your life than constantly complaining. Look around you and be grateful. The Villages is a unique area enjoy it & appreciate it. No
one can please everyone. Here they have something for everyone so like it ir ignore it but guit your constant complaining.
Old 10-18-2020, 01:42 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevjudbaker View Post
I am a resident of the Lofts. Yes we pay for our parking & each spot is assigned to a resident. The recreation center & pool are open to all village's residents like all of the other amenities. You can park in areas when you first drive in that are not enclosed or use parking on the other side which is easy walking distance. This is a 55+ apartment complex. Before the poles were put in place it was like grand central station with people in cars & golf carts driving through the parking area which is assigned to residents only. It wasn't meant to be a short cut to the Square. I resent calling them low rent looking apartments. Yes they are expensive but we love living here. The apartment layouts are great. Residents are friendly. Landscaping will always be beautiful since the Villages manages the complex. Apartments are quiet. Quality windows to keep outside noises out. Each resident pays the same amenities that any of you pay separate from our rent. Our apartment complex will always look nice unlike part time owners renting their home or Villa out. When someone dies we don't have to worry who is going to keep up their apartment like homes that get neglected when the benefactor doesn't keep it up. We don't have to worry about neighbors cluttering up their yards with miscellaneous statues & objects that are eyesores to others. We are paying high rent but it is worth it to us because we no longer want the home & yard upkeep. I could drive by your homes & make snide comments. These apartments are in a perfect location for older people who do not need an independent or assisted living where the rent is much higher. All I have heard is bitching about our Apartments which are not affecting you in any way. Our pool is small but we have to share it with all of you who come bring your food cook out or just eat by the pool leaving your crumbs or droppings which bring ants & bugs. It is not us who will run down the area it is you who don't give a hoot what you do because you don't live here. The Apartments are here which I am grateful so you might as well accept it & shutup about it. Find something useful to do with your life than constantly complaining. Look around you and be grateful. The Villages is a unique area enjoy it & appreciate it. No
one can please everyone. Here they have something for everyone so like it ir ignore it but guit your constant complaining.
Again, the question I have is who pays the long term maintenance of these private parking areas. As it’s an advantage to the developer to continue to lease Lofts with private parking, the cost to maintain these parking areas should not be paid by District 9 in my opinion. I can’t understand why the secrecy about this issue taking place at previous District 9 board meetings.
Old 10-18-2020, 02:05 PM

The one that survived all the huffing and puffing?
Old 10-18-2020, 08:32 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Good for you! So glad you love where you are living!!!
Old 10-19-2020, 04:48 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
I am a resident of the Lofts.

Thanks for your post.

Glad you are loving the LifeStyle.
Old 10-19-2020, 05:47 AM

Their amenities are only for people living there, not for the rest of us.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Amenities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miriam2940 View Post
The amenities are for everyone living in TV.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:13 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,552 Times in 592 Posts

Quote:
Kudos! Well said. Hopefully that puts the entitled ones in their place
Old 10-19-2020, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,100 Posts
Default Although I doubt this is real inquiry

Quote:
Originally Posted by noslices1 View Post
The Lofts are small, but expensive. I wonder if there will be any Section 8 housing there. Asking for a friend.
if you are actually asking that question you and your friend should look up why there will be no section 8 for these apartments
Old 10-19-2020, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
if you are actually asking that question you and your friend should look up why there will be no section 8 for these apartments
I wonder how the "new" commissioners feel about that..............
Old 10-19-2020, 10:49 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,772 Times in 512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miriam2940 View Post
Wrong. The amenities are open to all resident Villagers, just like all the others.
Old 10-19-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
3-Point U-turns......................I remember that test from Drivers-Ed.
A three point turn is not a U turn
Closed Thread

Tags
lofts, security, card, readers, keypads

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.