Lofts Surprise

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2020, 07:45 AM
Default Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
They probably don't want people cutting through to get to the square and it worked.
I am glad it was blocked. Why do you want to add traffic to the lofts?
Old 10-18-2020, 08:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Drove into the Lofts at Brownwood via the entrance across from Shooters, thinking I could cut through to get to the square. Surprised to find the gates didn't have card readers, only keypads. Nice security for the Loft people, but what about the amenities being open to all?
What about parking for residents only? They deserve that. How is that a problem? You can easily access the amenities from the public parking. Not sure why you would expect to be able to use it for a short cut.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:21 AM
Veteran member
Default Lofts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tghoul View Post
You can get to the Recreation Center and pool from 44A without going thru a gate. The amenities are open to all but vehicles were cutting across the parking lots before the gates were activated.
Well, I was looking for an entrance from 44a and must of passed it or that entrance is now limited to Lofts traffic. Had to make a 3-point turn and swing over to Powell to get into Brownwood. Thank you, pre-judgers, for assuming I was invading the territory.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:32 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Quote:
Well, I was looking for an entrance from 44a and must of passed it or that entrance is now limited to Lofts traffic. Had to make a 3-point turn and swing over to Powell to get into Brownwood. Thank you, pre-judgers, for assuming I was invading the territory.

3-Point U-turns......................I remember that test from Drivers-Ed.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

I get it some people don’t ike the apartments, but why all the negative comments , the ideas of some I’ve heard in here like driving from some far away village just to sit at a pool thinking your taking a space from someone who live there Is jr high school, I have friends there who love it , so you don’t that’s okay also , but you should ask yourself why you are so angry about something that others are enjoying
Old 10-18-2020, 08:54 AM
Location: Moved to the Village of Caroline from St. Louis MO.

spoiler alert... the code is usually *999
Old 10-18-2020, 08:58 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,306 Times in 541 Posts
Default Low income housing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol Copeland View Post
I couldn’t agree more.. the whole area appears to be a Low income housing project!
I can guarantee you that they were not built with low income residents in mind.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplanted View Post
Based on what I'm reading here (haven't tried it myself), sounds like they also kept non-loft residents from using the amenities that are 'open to all.'
Take what you read here with a grain of salt.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:16 AM

If you don't live there you don't know the key pad code. Why do you need to cut threw there in a hurry
Old 10-18-2020, 09:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,503 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooner View Post
Finally, someone who actually knows what they are talking about. Go for a tour at the Rec Center. The apartments are small and very expensive. From the outside they resemble a low cost apartment project.
No they don't.

youtube. the lofts at Brownwood, goldwingnut - Bing video
Old 10-18-2020, 09:34 AM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Actually it was only the third pig that built a strong house that the wolf could not blow down.
those were great stories with a moral. so much better than teletubbies kids watch on tv today

one of my favorites stories was the ant and the grasshopper which influenced me to be a saver which has paid off since we retired

Last edited by John41; 10-18-2020 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:47 AM
John41

Quote:
Drove into the Lofts at Brownwood via the entrance across from Shooters, thinking I could cut through to get to the square. Surprised to find the gates didn't have card readers, only keypads. Nice security for the Loft people, but what about the amenities being open to all?
the locked gates are to keep the inmates living there from the villagers. heard there is howling at night behind those walls
Old 10-18-2020, 09:54 AM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
They may not be as appealing to pre-assisted living occupant’s as first realized with mobility problems? Long way from exit to door’s ( unless you was luckily enough to get close) and parking garage. Yes, amenities open to all card paying villages except no parking for outside residents.
heard rentals are way below expectations. can’t compete with surrounding apartments
Old 10-18-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
I get it some people don’t ike the apartments, but why all the negative comments , the ideas of some I’ve heard in here like driving from some far away village just to sit at a pool thinking your taking a space from someone who live there Is jr high school, I have friends there who love it , so you don’t that’s okay also , but you should ask yourself why you are so angry about something that others are enjoying
THIS! Boom!!!
Old 10-18-2020, 10:47 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmaf6 View Post
The amenities are open to all. Granted that the parking is limited but it doesn’t hurt one to walk a few extra feet to get to the building. Yes, the gates are coded for security and to ensure residents have parking by their apartments which they may be paying for. There are many ways to get to the Square so I just don’t get why you’d have to cut through the apartment area.
I have asked a man running for a District 9 seat about who will pay for the maintenance of the parking lots at the Lofts. He has yet to find a person who knows. If the Developer pays OK. But if District 9 pays then I would think that this is a new policy that is not fair to the other residents of District 9.
Closed Thread

Tags
lofts, security, card, readers, keypads

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.