Longleaf and Loblolly Golf Courses preview flyover

Closed Thread
Old 11-04-2018, 06:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Almost impossible to fix a typo at this point, I could edit and compile the video again, but there's no way to replace the video already uploaded to YouTube.
No need. Takes nothing away from the super job of the video.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:50 AM

Great job Gold! Thanks again for your fantastic work!
Old 11-04-2018, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Thanks GoldWing, You're the man, unbelievable. Thank for your extreme effort for us. We appreciate you giving your time for our benefit. Amazing stuff, very professional.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:59 AM

I had 3 Goldwing's myself...I can relate...great video...thanks
Old 11-05-2018, 07:02 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Are you asking me?

We probably will not be playing either course because they do not look interesting. There are too many other courses (Gray Fox, Bacall, Roosevelt, Turtle Mound, Sweet Gum, etc.) that we really enjoy.
Plus I still can't get there by cart.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Plus I still can't get there by cart.
You can always purchase a car, drive there, and pay a whopping $3 to rent a cart.

As for us, we do not own a cart and we always walk the exec courses. We avoid the poorly designed courses with silly long walks from one green to the next tee (Sarasota, Ocachobee, Escambia). Gray Fox has a couple fairly long walks, but the course is beautiful and we very much enjoy them.

Last edited by VApeople; 11-05-2018 at 07:53 AM.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
This morning's announcement of the Longleaf Executive golf course opening on Saturday makes it a lot easier to show the flyovers that I completed this past week of these courses.

The newspaper write up does not do justice to the par 4 hole on Longleaf, while it's not #6 on Pelican, it will be a difficult hole.

One must assume that the Loblolly course is being delayed a little longer due to the heavy construction ongoing at the north end of the course at CR468. The tunnel structure is in place that will pass under CR468 but there is still a lot of work to go.

6. Longleaf and Loblolly

This video took over 30 hours and 10 flights to map out, get a good flyover, and produce. It may not seem too difficult since it's just a 9 hole course but without existing maps and other data on the area (everything available still shows it either under construction or a cow pasture) I had to create the data needed to plan the flights and fly them several times to get the views you see here.

Enjoy the video and let me know what you think.
Thank you for your time & sharing this with everybody. Can't wait to play these 2 courses. They're both a little longer than what most of us are used to playing. Thanks Again!
Old 11-05-2018, 09:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
You can always purchase a car, drive there, and pay a whopping $3 to rent a cart.

As for us, we do not own a cart and we always walk the exec courses. We avoid the poorly designed courses with silly long walks from one green to the next tee (Sarasota, Ocachobee, Escambia). Gray Fox has a couple fairly long walks, but the course is beautiful and we very much enjoy them.
I agree! Fenney is a beautiful Village but so far to really do much. I don't know but I heard that property tax are a little higher & amenities are more. I guess home prices are about the same as north of R.R. 44.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:00 AM

I love the music!!
Old 11-09-2018, 03:59 PM
Default Nicely done!

My career in media has helped me appreciate the time and the work effort you put in to create this well-done final product!
Old 11-09-2018, 04:50 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granpapa3x View Post
My career in media has helped me appreciate the time and the work effort you put in to create this well-done final product!
Thanks, they do take a little bit of work to put together but they are great to fly as long as the trees play nice.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 11-09-2018, 10:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
I agree! Fenney is a beautiful Village but so far to really do much. I don't know but I heard that property tax are a little higher & amenities are more. I guess home prices are about the same as north of R.R. 44.
You heard?
Why would amenities be more? Could be because they are new homes and would pay the current fee. Visit Village Community Development Districts for explanation how amenity fee is determined.
You guess home prices are the same.
What is your point?

Last edited by Bogie Shooter; 11-09-2018 at 11:22 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:07 AM

Great video. Do you have others of TV courses? As an executive course walker, I have been dismayed at how little foresight has been given to the playability of TV courses. It seems to be getting worse as TV grows. Gray Fox was the worst with about 1585 yards from the gold tees, but about 2250 yards additional to get to/from the course and from greens to tees. Played Loblolly once and will not return. Guessing based on your video, the walk between the 6th green and the 7th tee is about 1400 yards. That can only be accomplished by a single with no one behind.
Closed Thread

Tags
longleaf, loblolly, hole, difficult, construction

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.