Look before you back up!

Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

She actually told the Sheriff that "everyone" knows she leaves at exactly 7:00 am every day to go to exercise class, so she doesn't need to look. And, yes, she was dead serious as I found out when I went to walk the dog this evening. The whole block knows her schedule and gets off the road. She's notorious for being a really bad driver.

The Sheriff read her the riot act. I honestly don't think she understood what was wrong with her attitude. Obviously, she owns the road when she's on it. I just know that when I ever see a red Honda Accord from now on, I'm moving wayyyyyy over.

I don't know if she was ticketed or not. After he walked the dog for me, I left to take my battered body home to soak in the tub. He was still yelling at her when I left.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Veteran member

I hope that since her Schedule should be "known" by everyone in The Villages that someone will acquire it and post it so that we can all be on our "toes" and make sure that she doesn't run them over!!!! There is one in every crowd and I am afraid that as crowded as The Villages are now--there is probably more than one and we should take extra caution---walking, driving, breathing, etc.-------again, I am glad you weren't seriously hurt---hope your bruises, etc., will heal soon.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Gold member

Some people really amaze me, and I sure hope she got some kind of citation. The most important thing is you are alright and weren't more seriously hurt.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:31 AM
Sage

[QUOTE=redwitch;252303]
She actually told the Sheriff that "everyone" knows she leaves at exactly 7:00 am every day to go to exercise class, so she doesn't need to look. [QUOTE]

Glad you're OK Dee. That driver should have her license revoked. Not only for dangerous driving, but for her flippant attitude.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by another Linda View Post
OMG! And did you tell her to ?
Boy do I sound unfeeling! But, in my own defense, I had been on the phone with Red just a few minutes just a few minutes before her post and knew she was basically ok. (You know I love you, right Dee? Right?)

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 03-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I didn't have to call the police -- she did. roflao Her bumper had a small dent in it (something tells me it had been there awhile).

Honestly, I wouldn't have called the police unless I found I was hurt more than I am. She was pretty upset at first and, once she calmed down, I think she starting thinking of the repercussions (lawsuit, insurance, etc.) and decided the best defense was an offense. You should have the sheriff chewing her out. It would have been much funnier if I wasn't hurting and shaking so much.

I was lucky that it was only a glancing blow. A direct hit would have definitely caused major damage. And Schatzie was just fine -- he wanted to finish his walk and was not happy that didn't happen. The Sheriff took him for a mini-walk to do his business.

Thanks for all of your concerns. Really didn't write it for that, just as a reminder to look behind you when backing up. As I said, the day before I was playing dodge 'em in parking lots cause people were just backing up and not stopping.
Dee

Glad your OK and excuse my sense of humor. I think her neighborhood needs to post warning signs on either side of her driveway.

How about:

A**HOLE Crossing
Old 03-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Sage

LOL! Good one, MelZ.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:05 PM

Dee! We are so glad you (and doggie) are OK. All the best to you.
Take care and stay safe and OFF THAT 'LADY's' street!
- Dave & Vic
Old 03-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I cannot believe some Villagers! Yesterday, I had to swerve three times to avoid people backing out of parking spaces. Hey, a golf cart ain't that small! And mine's BRIGHT yellow. Pretty hard to miss if you bother looking.

This morning, I was walking a dog and this woman came barrelling out of her garage and hit me. Fortunately, no major injuries but a lot of bruises and a lot of sore muscles.

Somehow it became my fault!!!! Not because I walked in front of her driveway but because Schatzie gets walked at 6:30 am, not 7:00 am, so she doesn't need to look behind her. Excuse me????? Gotta love that logic.

So, look behind you before you take off whether in a parking space or in your driveway. The life you save might be mine.
You're not serious, are you??? Logic??? What logic???
Old 03-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

I agree! In Feb the wife and I were almost hit in the Palmer Parking lot. She got within 6 inches of us. My wife actually reached out and pounded on the rear window of her SUV from our golf cart! Besides us, they were several people in the lot yelling at her to stop.
She got out shaking and told us, she was at fault, that she didn't look or as they say in Germany, "Clear to the Rear'!

Army Guy
Old 03-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
I agree! In Feb the wife and I were almost hit in the Palmer Parking lot. She got within 6 inches of us. My wife actually reached out and pounded on the rear window of her SUV from our golf cart! Besides us, they were several people in the lot yelling at her to stop.
She got out shaking and told us, she was at fault, that she didn't look or as they say in Germany, "Clear to the Rear'!

Army Guy
AG, was it the same lady? Red said she was driving a red Honda Accord. Gosh, I hope there's not more than one who thinks this way.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:10 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

No, it was a black GMC Envoy. Know it real well since we saw it very "close up"!!

Army Guy
Old 03-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Dancing Thyme

Hey Dee, just supporting what everyone else has said. So glad you didn't get "hurter", so sorry this had to happen to you in the first place. I've been very frightened of some of the drivers I've seen in TV lately being so inconsiderate and abusive. If this lady says she'll make you a chocolate cake to make amends, I'd tell her "No, thanks. " Hope your feeling a lot better. Kath

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Hey Dee, just supporting what everyone else has said. So glad you didn't get "hurter", so sorry this had to happen to you in the first place. I've been very frightened of some of the drivers I've seen in TV lately being so inconsiderate and abusive. If this lady says she'll make you a chocolate cake to make amends, I'd tell her "No, thanks. " Hope your feeling a lot better. Kath
Don't think Red has to worry about that. She probably expects Red to bake her one. She needs more than a citation....license suspension, perhaps even permanent or at least until she can get her head on straight. It's just a miracle it was not more serious.

Hope you're feeling better, Red.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 03-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
Don't think Red has to worry about that. She probably expects Red to bake her one. She needs more than a citation....license suspension, perhaps even permanent or at least until she can get her head on straight. It's just a miracle it was not more serious.

Hope you're feeling better, Red.
Hi Dilly, My comment about the choc cake is tongue in cheek to Red. For one of her birthday's, I brought her a chocolate cake and put Dee in the hospital for gall bladder surgery and she always teases me that I tried to kill her... LOL. I agree, the woman needs to have her head examined and we have a couple of shrinks on this forum who we should turn her onto...

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.