Look out, The British are coming!!

Closed Thread
Old 09-08-2013, 09:52 AM

Hi, You have been given lot's of advice,pre-welcome to "The Villages" etc.. But one of the most important bit's have been left off.

Here it is where can I get British Food ? You know the sort of things that you will have a craving for every now and then.
1) The Internet has many outlets where you can purchase items from.

2) The Marion Market on 441 North just 1 few miles from the Villages has a booth where you can get many items.

3) Publix, Winn Dixie, Sweetbay, all have a wide variety of items.

4) Not forgetting "Bangers" or sausages, yes Fresh Market has Irish Bangers which are pretty close to the real McCoy.

5) Pork Pies ??? Well yes they can be gotten but alas frozen and just not the same. They are made in up-state New York. So if you really love Pork Pies have one or two before you leave.

6) Our Family still resides in the UK, Ware Cambs..and Cheltenham,Glos. I retired from the USAF many years ago, after which I worked out of Staverton Airport as an Aerial Photographer. A lot of our photography was used by the Ordinance Survey Dept.

7) I am certain you will find your new home here just as comfortable as your home in the UK, and best of all your visitors will be delighted to visit you even more when they come. Cheers !!
Old 09-08-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrc4 View Post
Hi, You have been given lot's of advice,pre-welcome to "The Villages" etc.. But one of the most important bit's have been left off.

Here it is where can I get British Food ? You know the sort of things that you will have a craving for every now and then.
1) The Internet has many outlets where you can purchase items from.

2) The Marion Market on 441 North just 1 few miles from the Villages has a booth where you can get many items.

3) Publix, Winn Dixie, Sweetbay, all have a wide variety of items.

4) Not forgetting "Bangers" or sausages, yes Fresh Market has Irish Bangers which are pretty close to the real McCoy.

5) Pork Pies ??? Well yes they can be gotten but alas frozen and just not the same. They are made in up-state New York. So if you really love Pork Pies have one or two before you leave.

6) Our Family still resides in the UK, Ware Cambs..and Cheltenham,Glos. I retired from the USAF many years ago, after which I worked out of Staverton Airport as an Aerial Photographer. A lot of our photography was used by the Ordinance Survey Dept.

7) I am certain you will find your new home here just as comfortable as your home in the UK, and best of all your visitors will be delighted to visit you even more when they come. Cheers !!
Anywhere selling English back bacon? I am in California right now and we have a subsidiary of Tesco, that sell all sorts of things I miss including back bacon.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:54 AM

Welcome AMY & TONY. Lots of Brits here in The Villages. Check out The UK Shoppe, located at The Market of Marion for all your British food needs. 2 clubs also in The Villages, The Brit" Bunch run by Doreen and The British-American Club hosted by Norman & Sheila Love.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.