Looking for homes and locations for GAS utilities....

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2020, 10:35 AM

We had gas in Poinciana home before moving to Pine Hills, cooking and hot water. Here we're all electric, our electric bill is about $30 a month less than it was with the gas. Some people have a propane tank buried for cooking and fire pits, we have considered it just for cooking. The propane company will auto fill the tank so you don't have to worry about it. Point is it's cheaper to go all electric.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I really don’t know if gas is used anywhere in TV. I was surprised to read all the comments where there was gas. Here all of this time I thought everybody was on electric except Fenney I guess I learned something, thanks!
Old 01-26-2020, 11:47 AM
Veteran member

I know most areas north of 466A have gas. South of 466A to 44 does not have gas. South of 44 has gas.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:54 PM

A relative preceded us to TVs and gave us the following advise. Buy in Sumter County (lower taxes), and in the TECO (gas cooperative) and SECO (electric cooperative) areas (much lower utility costs). Our realtor was given these requirements. They know the area and particularly where the TECO/SECO boundaries are.

We live close to the Sea Breeze Rec Center. This appears to be near the middle of the TECO/SECO area north of CR 466A. Happy hunting.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:42 PM

North of 466A......and depends on which option the original buyer selected (i.e. gas or electric).. Gas utilities may be offered in Fenney. Ask the homeowner when looking.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:31 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

I believe all of the villages south of 44 have gas available however they are not heated with gas they have electric heat. We have gas hot water, gas cooking, and gas dryer.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:25 AM

With enough yard space, a tank can be buried. That's what we did in a village (Collier) without available gas .
Old 01-27-2020, 08:05 AM

Come to Fenney! We have gas! Cooking, water tank and heat are all gas! Super cheap and saves electric bill from getting too high
Old 01-27-2020, 08:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I believe all of the villages south of 44 have gas available however they are not heated with gas they have electric heat. We have gas hot water, gas cooking, and gas dryer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetuwg@yahoo.com View Post
Come to Fenney! We have gas! Cooking, water tank and heat are all gas! Super cheap and saves electric bill from getting too high
Regarding heating with gas south of Rt 44 ... which is it!!!

Last edited by champion6; 01-27-2020 at 09:38 AM.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:42 AM

[QUOTE=MrsArmie;1712618]We are just starting to look at homes and locations in the Villages for our retirement. We really like gas versus electric for our whole house heating and especially for our kitchen cooktop.]

Welcome to The Villages!

Gas was my deal breaker as well. I loved cooking on my gas cooktop up up north... Thought I had to have it. Then I discovered induction. I cannot rave enough about how fantastic it is to cook on... How Uber easy it is to clean... And you know how slaving over a hot stove feels in the heat of the summer? You don't get the Lost hear of cooking on gas burners. No Uber hot utensils, pot handles... Never anything burned on the glass cooktop. Just a wee with a dish cloth and spritz with some glad polish to make it glisten. You need pots that magnets stick to... If you have grandma's farberware pot and have to use it... There are adaptor discs you can buy to enable you to do so. Cast iron works Beautiful on it too. When I went up north and spent a summer cooking on my Wolf had cooktop... I about cried... It was so hot cooking on gas. The handles got hot... I wanted to switch out that gad cooktop for induction! BTW...I hated cooking on the electric stoves in the places we rented... Everyone should upgrade to induction...imho.

Don't miss out on a beautiful home in a fantastic location because of the lack of natural gas. The house I currently own... prior to me owning it, was struck by lightning... The lightening hit the gas line which is located in the Attic in all homes except for the manufactured homes.... It burned to the ground. The gas fueled the fire.Thankfully nobody was injured.

If you choose a home with gas... I would talk to a plumber about the new safety codes for the gas in New builds... They can update those lines... depending on the age of the home with gas you choose to purchase.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Regarding heating with gas ... which is it!!!
I don't think these inquiring minds understand that we all have heat pumps with supplemental electric heat strip in the a/c air handler. We do not have a furnace like you are used to in the great white north.

Last edited by mulligan; 01-28-2020 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:12 PM
Default Gas vs. Electric

We moved here from Michigan 7 years ago. We always had gas up north for cooking and heating. We were disappointed that the home we purchased in T.V. was in an area with only electric available. After using the electric stove and having a heat pump for heat I would be very disappointed if I had to go back to gas. LOVING electric now. Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:37 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
I don't think these inquiring minds understand that we all have heat pumps with supplemental electric heat strip in the a/c air handler. We do not have a furnace like you are used to in the great white north.
Not true. I have three homes here and they all have gas furnace where you actually heat your home with gas, not a heat pump. Gas water heaters, gas cooking and gas dryer. Homes built up through 2006 were all gas and most had electric stove and dryer option. Homes built in 2007 were about 50-50. My current villages which was built in 2007 and is actually half and half within the village. The split is around the village of Duval. North of there is gas, South of there is electric. When you get below 44 it returns to gas with electric options. Most current new construction has gas available.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:42 AM
Veteran member

Mallory has gas. It is a good central location, near Sumter Square.
Closed Thread

Tags
gas, villages, utilities, locations, homes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.