Looking for Peter Smith from Massachusetts

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2018, 07:29 PM
KittyKat
Exclamation Looking for Peter Smith from Massachusetts

I received a misdirected call by information from a JOHN SHANAHAN from a suburb of Boston(I can't remember the name). He's in his 50's and plays on the Mudflats(?) baseball team. He said that Peter Smith used to play for the Red Sox(?) and John's team will be coming down to Ft Myers next week. He wants to invite Peter to join them.

I looked in The Villages phone book & read to him where all the Pete or Peter Smith's were from but he didn't recognize any. All he knows is that Peter lives here. Peter, if any of this sounds familiar or if someone knows a Peter Smith who might even still play ball, please pm me and I'll give you John's ph#.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:27 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,346 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
I received a misdirected call by information from a JOHN SHANAHAN from a suburb of Boston(I can't remember the name). He's in his 50's and plays on the Mudflats(?) baseball team. He said that Peter Smith used to play for the Red Sox(?) and John's team will be coming down to Ft Myers next week. He wants to invite Peter to join them.

I looked in The Villages phone book & read to him where all the Pete or Peter Smith's were from but he didn't recognize any. All he knows is that Peter lives here. Peter, if any of this sounds familiar or if someone knows a Peter Smith who might even still play ball, please pm me and I'll give you John's ph#.
Well in 70 seconds or so I found someone who meets these parameters using google. Maybe you should try that as well? Maybe it is not the same guy but certainly a better chance than asking here.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Pete Smith (baseball, born 1940 - Wikipedia)

Click on the see Pete Smith link after opening the above link.

Last edited by Two Bills; 03-15-2018 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:14 AM
KittyKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Pete Smith (baseball, born 1940 - Wikipedia)

Click on the see Pete Smith link after opening the above link.
That's the guy. I remember John said something about Pete doing something special in a game. I got a pm from someone who said Pete was at the Red Sox Nation club meeting last night. She didn't say anything else so I sent her a pm with John's ph#. Thanks.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:50 PM

Pete Smith from Natick Mass played for the Red Sox 62 & 63. He never played for the mudflatters. He lives in the Villages. Cell phone 914-417-5914. There is another Pete Smith from Danvers Mass who played for the Braves and Mets. He is in his 50’s but doesn’t live in the Villages. Not sure you want the Pete Smith who lives here.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:52 PM

He started a triple play the last time he fielded a ball in the major leagues.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:59 PM

Pete from Natick Mass played for the Red Sox in 62&63. His cell phone is 914-417-5914
Old 03-21-2018, 09:00 PM
KittyKat
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by palasmith View Post
Pete from Natick Mass played for the Red Sox in 62&63. His cell phone is 914-417-5914
Thanks. I just called John & gave him Pete's number. He said the event is Sunday so hope Pete can join them or just talk. It's JOHN who is a member of the Mudville Baseball Club.
Closed Thread

Tags
peter, smith, play, johns, team

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.