Looking for replacement Filters for Nova whole house water systems

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2019, 06:44 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesD View Post
Do you call a plumber to change your refrigerator filter?
Not exactly the same thing. I watch Nova do my change after 12 months of use. Yes I could do this, but there is more than screwing on a filter.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Thanks for all the reply's
Some helpful ,Some entertaining ,Some just villagers
Old 05-31-2019, 02:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts
Default My opinion

First of all we do not have a nova filter system.

My experience is with the refrigerator and ac filters. I buy both of them mail order. It is not only less expensive but I do not need to go to a store, wait on line and pay tax. Yes, I'm sure we all report and pay the tax as you are supposed to.

I buy only the original brand name filters. Many mail order and retail locations are selling what they call generic filters. HUM claimed as good as-are they? A friend, I did not see it, claims he purchased an off brand Sanyo refrigerator filter and it broke his refrigerator. His fault? Filter fault? It was his repair bill-of that I am sure.

Also, perhaps of interest, I've read there are,"knock off," filters made in China that are exact copies of the original. Only difference is weight. When was the last time you weighed a refrigerator filter? If, you do,did, are they both real or both fake
Old 05-31-2019, 02:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts
Default Different strokes for different folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Geez man, RELAX! Had you actually read the entire thread (including my post #5 on the first page) maybe you'd have replied differently.

Aside from that I bought the IDENTICAL filters (manufacturer and part number as in my photo) that Nova supplied and am quite capable of installing them myself without leaking. If I can install water heaters, gas lines and copper plumbing I am sure I can handle spinning a couple filters. As far as "false economy" feel free do do what you can afford to do and I will take care of what my "real economy" can handle.
You call some guy to replace a filter that you can learn to do yourself. My view, the first time it will take me longer than, the,
"expert." The second time, I will be either a tie or faster than the, "expert." Not one person mentioned waiting for him/her to arrive. I'll be there mon between 9 and 5. OOPS I got tied up,
be there Thurs next week.
Old 05-31-2019, 02:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,416 Times in 5,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
You call some guy to replace a filter that you can learn to do yourself. My view, the first time it will take me longer than, the,
"expert." The second time, I will be either a tie or faster than the, "expert." Not one person mentioned waiting for him/her to arrive. I'll be there mon between 9 and 5. OOPS I got tied up,
be there Thurs next week.
I agree. But, for me, the satisfaction of doing it myself and gaining knowledge I didn't have before is the most important part. Way better than having someone come to my house to do something as simple as replacing a filter. I would feel inadequate.
Old 05-31-2019, 03:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Honestly the thought of going with another source for Nova Style Filters crossed my mind but I wanna support people who hustle and show up on time and do what they are supposed to do when they are supposed to do it. Great Guys. Viva La Nova Company.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:28 PM

I use to change them myself but now I let Nova come to the house. They only charge $40.00 for a house call and the filters are the same price when I went and picked them up.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

If you call Nova I think it is $80 or so for the filters and $125 for the filters and install.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:00 AM
Default NOVA great customer service

[My NOVA system (whole house filters, water softener, and RO (reverse osmosis) for the refrigerator installed Jan 2019 by NOVA]

June 6, I called NOVA with a concern about my RO system performance. They came out later that afternoon. (Wow! same day response - awesome.) My RO storage tank had failed - NOVA replaced it (no charge). They also checked my entire system to make sure everything was working properly.

Excellent customer service and support. Thanks NOVA.
Closed Thread

Tags
nova, house, filters, fort, find

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.