Looking for reviews on appliance stores

Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2021, 12:32 PM
Location: Citrus Grove from Village of Santo Domingo & Sterling Hts Michigan
Default Looking for reviews on appliance stores

We’re shopping for appliances and looking for reviews/opinions of Southeast Steel Appliances. We are going with a microwave/oven combo wall oven in a new cabinet. The big box stores (Home Depot, Lowe’s, Best Buy) say they don’t do cabinet modifications, Southeast Steel tells me their installers will do what it takes to install and prices are close to the big box stores.

Thank you in advance for your advice and opinions.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Talk to Setzer's appliances in Ocala and Aggressive Appliances in Winter Garden. Both install in The Villages.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-23-2021, 07:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,714 Times in 5,243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrb48310 View Post
We’re shopping for appliances and looking for reviews/opinions of Southeast Steel Appliances. We are going with a microwave/oven combo wall oven in a new cabinet. The big box stores (Home Depot, Lowe’s, Best Buy) say they don’t do cabinet modifications, Southeast Steel tells me their installers will do what it takes to install and prices are close to the big box stores.

Thank you in advance for your advice and opinions.
Sounds expensive. If it is a new cabinet, why not design the cabinet to accommodate a standard size appliance? I don't understand why you would pay an appliance store to modify a cabinet.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Sounds expensive. If it is a new cabinet, why not design the cabinet to accommodate a standard size appliance? I don't understand why you would pay an appliance store to modify a cabinet.
Thank you for your response. We’re building new, The Villages has limited selections and only has one wall oven to choose, the cabinet being installed has a standard opening that would have to be modified even if we selected the one option offered, but wife doesn’t like the color. I’ve ask but The Villages won’t do anything that’s not part of the contract, the wall oven she likes is the same model just a different finish. If their not installing it they won’t cut the cabinet and they will not install anything not purchased through the builder.
Old 06-24-2021, 09:06 AM

Have you signed your contract yet? We gave the dimensions of the oven we are purchasing ourselves to our designer. If you've already signed, it might be worth the $500 change fee to do this. You could ask the Villages cabinet company what to do - Timberwood 352-396-3284.
Old 06-24-2021, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanStCatherine View Post
Have you signed your contract yet? We gave the dimensions of the oven we are purchasing ourselves to our designer. If you've already signed, it might be worth the $500 change fee to do this. You could ask the Villages cabinet company what to do - Timberwood 352-396-3284.
Yes we have signed and giving the model numbers of appliances were a must for the design of our kitchen, our designer said. We had an appointment with Aimee the Welborn/Timberwood cabinet person (because our kitchen design isn’t the standard) and she gave me the dimensions (spec sheet) of the cabinet we’re getting, it will have to be modified to fit the same model wall oven offered by The Villages just a different color. So if your getting a “standard” layout of your kitchen maybe those cabinets have the right size opening.
Old 06-25-2021, 05:13 AM

With all the gas leaks from Lowes, I'd stay away from them.
Old 06-25-2021, 05:33 AM

Good luck with that.
Old 06-25-2021, 06:14 AM

Does the dog wag the tail.....
or does the tail wag the dog.

Turn it around, most appliances adhere to standard dimensions. Find another combo unit!

What you are looking at is not unique. Stick with GE Profile, you will have no issues.
GE Profile is identical to Whirlpool and Westinghouse for parts and dimensions.
Old 06-25-2021, 06:21 AM
Default Sears home store

We bought a washing machine from them during the pandemic and were happy with service and quick installation.
Old 06-25-2021, 06:41 AM

Thank you all for your comments.

We are going with GE profile, hopefully the standard sizes of both cabinet and oven make all this a moot point. But you've got to be prepared, an ounce of prevention... Then improvise adapt overcome.
Old 06-25-2021, 06:44 AM
Veteran member

Appliance direct in Leesburg . Fast and cheap
Old 06-25-2021, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrb48310 View Post
Yes we have signed and giving the model numbers of appliances were a must for the design of our kitchen, our designer said. We had an appointment with Aimee the Welborn/Timberwood cabinet person (because our kitchen design isn’t the standard) and she gave me the dimensions (spec sheet) of the cabinet we’re getting, it will have to be modified to fit the same model wall oven offered by The Villages just a different color. So if your getting a “standard” layout of your kitchen maybe those cabinets have the right size opening.
Our kitchen is modified a great deal. We met with Aimee several times. We are getting a 30" GE wall oven as well as a 30" GE Profile Advantium wall oven and all we did was give the model numbers and dimensions. We are ordering our own appliances.
Old 06-25-2021, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanStCatherine View Post
Our kitchen is modified a great deal. We met with Aimee several times. We are getting a 30" GE wall oven as well as a 30" GE Profile Advantium wall oven and all we did was give the model numbers and dimensions. We are ordering our own appliances.
Sounds like we are very similar in design. What started me on this trek was being given a heads up by our designer that the cabinet may have to be cut. Aimee gave us the spec sheet for our 33" cabinet, as it comes it would have to be modified. I wasn't to happy to hear this especially since I gave the model number of the wall oven we were going to purchase. Again as I said in other posts hopefully it's all good and works out, but if your buying appliances from somewhere that won't modify it's good to have a plan B.
Old 06-25-2021, 09:02 AM
Default Southeast Steele

Recently bought a slide in range, microwave and dishwasher from Southeast Steel, including installation. Prices were fair. BUT the installation was not. Gave us bad information on installation and when delivery would be scheduled. Microwave did not fit properly. Range wiring had to be redone twice. Ordered in Nov. 2020, not delivered until Mar. 2021.Blamed on Covid.
Closed Thread

Tags
stores, big, cabinet, box, steel

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.