Looking for younger Villagers

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2010, 02:23 PM

My hubby and I are fast approaching 53 this year. We put our home on the market last week with our sights on TV. All our married life (32yrs.) we'd been the "youngest" in the neighborhood...until the last decade! What happened? Now we're the ones with grandchildren!

I think it'll be nice to move to a place where we're the "youngest" again! From what I hear from most Villagers... the #1 complaint is NOT MOVING THERE SOONER! Words of wisdom that we are taking to heart!

"Young" wannabe's looking forward to becoming Villagers!

Cheers...it's only a number!

Trudy and Keith

Last edited by N'awlins Lady; 06-07-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by N'awlins Lady View Post
My hubby and I are fast approaching 53 this year. We put our home on the market last week with our sights on TV. All our married life (32yrs.) we'd been the "youngest" in the neighborhood...until the last decade! What happened? Now we're the ones with grandchildren!

I think it'll be nice to move to a place where we're the "youngest" again! From what I hear from most Villagers... the #1 complaint is NOT MOVING THERE SOONER! Words of wisdom that we are taking to heart!

"Young" wannabe's looking forward to becoming Villagers!

Cheers...it's only a number!

Trudy and Keith
Hi N'awlins,

Lol. I know whatcha mean. On one visit down (we're part-timers) we saw a neighbor outside who is the next-door-neighbor of a TOTVer whom we much admire and wanted to meet. We inquired and he said, "sure I know him. I'll just go knock on his door and tell him you're here." When the door was opened, he said, "There is this really young couple out here that wants to meet you."

WOW. "Really young couple!" We hadn't been called that since we were in our late 20s and were the youngest in the neighborhood.

I don't know the ages of my TV friends-- except my dear friends Gracie and KathieI, since they posted it. They both claim to like me despite my age. I'm 58, so I'm old to you. Can't wait to meet you though! Hope we're friends.

Pturner

Hey much-admired TOTV neighbor, are your reading this?
Old 06-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Default Being Young Again

I'll move to TV in 14 months. I'm 57 now and will be 58 when I join the club.

1. I am looking forward to being carded when I buy wine.

2. It will be nice when girls look at me and say, "But he's so young!." (In the midst of divorce after 30 years of marriage)

3. When I'm moving in --- please...just one person say, "Who's the kid?"

4. I want some dirty looks when I switch the country club TV from "Law and Order" to "Weeds"

Cheers!
Old 06-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Sage

Didn't you know, everyone in The Villages is 39!!! Yup, when you move here, and you have your first birthday in TV, you then turn 39.

There are so many interesting people of all ages, to meet, interact with, learn from, enjoy being with. When you get here, you'll find that age doesn't matter, it just doesn't. So many are older or younger than I am on my bowling league...and some of those older women can really bowl well. The women I used to play billiards with are also around my age or a bit older and you should see how well they play. You start to admire skills and abilities and forget that someone is older or younger than you. Many have children and grandchildren and kids are kids, no matter how old they are. Problems aren't unique to one particular generation.

Come, enjoy the beauty of the locale, the friendly people, the clubs, the recreation, The Villages....you're going to love it!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.