Looks like the housing market has cooled down a lot because of record high prices.

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2021, 05:00 PM
Send a message via AIM to joelfmi
Default Looks like the housing market has cooled down a lot because of record high prices.

Some buyers have hit their limit on record-high prices, but others may return to the market with more homes to choose from and less competition.
Housing Market Update: Pending Sales Slide as New Listings Reach Pre-Pandemic Levels, THIS I HOPE WILL STOP THE GREED OF SELLERS
Some buyers have hit their limit on record-high prices, but others may return to the market with more homes to choose from and less as per Redfin
Old 07-04-2021, 05:03 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

OR..............Inventory is very limited so there is nothing to pend.
Old 07-04-2021, 05:09 PM

After looking at some of the resale's which needed thousands of dollars in upgrades and were dated 10 year home and older. It was not the best idea to purchase now, because of the prices they were asking.
Old 07-04-2021, 05:16 PM
Default As of July 4th 2021 the mark has cooled Down for resale's as per redfin

Some buyers have hit their limit on record-high prices, but others may return to the market with more homes to choose from and less competition.
Housing Market Update: Pending Sales Slide as New Listings Reach Pre-Pandemic Levels
Some buyers have hit their limit on record-high prices, but others may return to the market with more homes to choose from and less
Old 07-04-2021, 05:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,176 Times in 4,233 Posts

GREED!

Everybody drink!

-Tom Petty
Old 07-04-2021, 05:46 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Greed of the Sellers???

I guess they should not except offers.
Old 07-04-2021, 05:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,395 Times in 2,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelfmi View Post
Housing Market Update: Pending Sales Slide as New Listings Reach Pre-Pandemic Levels, THIS I HOPE WILL STOP THE GREED OF SELLERS
Some buyers have hit their limit on record-high prices, but others may return to the market with more homes to choose from and less as per Redfin
It appears you know NOTHING about real estate. The buyers set the price. Not the sellers.

We recently sold our house. We presented an asking price. The buyers decided to bid it much higher.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 07-04-2021, 05:58 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,566 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
OR..............Inventory is very limited so there is nothing to pend.
It’s almost like there should be some economics rule about supply a d demand.
Old 07-04-2021, 06:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,937 Times in 5,277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
It appears you know NOTHING about real estate. The buyers set the price. Not the sellers.

We recently sold our house. We presented an asking price. The buyers decided to bid it much higher.
Together the buyer and the seller set the final price.
Old 07-04-2021, 06:10 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,280 Times in 1,426 Posts

Quote:
Sellers are not greedy, multiple buyers set the tone. "Some buyers have hit their limit" are the buyers that can't afford the appreciated pricing in todays market and don't care to settle for a home they can afford. Thousands of boomers retiring every day and TV only gets 8 or 10 of them each day, the developers have nothing to fear my dear. There's a good buy over on Wade Terrace LOL.
Old 07-04-2021, 06:15 PM

I checked The Villages app this morning and it showed 28 new homes for sale here in TV. Now at 7pm (12 hours later), there are only 23 new homes for sale. Our new home TV market is hot, hot, hot.

I say not, not, not to buying at this time.
Old 07-04-2021, 06:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,176 Times in 4,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post

Those GREEDY buyers!

-Tom Petty
Old 07-04-2021, 06:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Housing Market Update: Pending Sales Slide as New Listings Reach Pre-Pandemic Levels
Some buyers have hit their limit on record-high prices, but others may return to the market with more homes to choose from and less
Is there an echo in here?
Old 07-04-2021, 06:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,949 Times in 1,705 Posts

My house was not on the market, and I got an offer…. I’m still just getting everything upgraded in the house for me….
Old 07-04-2021, 06:46 PM
Gold member
Default Lack of Inventory

I don’t see it cooling off. 25 homes for sale is good? There used to be a lot more inventory to choose from. Perhaps the ideal situation is to sell a home now for today’s market pricing and then build? But cooling off? Have you checked the prices of homes or lots lately? A 250 K Gardenia is almost double the price.

It’s almost like you are wishing for what isn’t true.

Last edited by Normal; 07-04-2021 at 06:55 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
market, prices, return, record-high, limit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.