Lost & Found

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Default Lost & Found

I have lost my keys. About 3 years ago I was told all found items should be turned in to Laurel Manor. Now there does not seem to be any one place or places where lost items are turned in. I don't know where to begin to check for my keys, regional rec centers, neighborhood rec centers, and or starter shack? Does anyone know if there is a procedure in place? I think it would be a good idea to turn everything found into a regional rec center. Thoughts and input please.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Sage

I don't live there yet.... but as I get older... I seem to lose more items... Would be nice if there was one place they would all go. Don't know if they could do that.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Veteran member

Hi Dynasty, I feel for ya! Losing keys is awful! I lost some glasses inside a rec center a few years ago, and luckily a day or two later I went there and they had a lost and found box at that particular center where they kept things found there, and I found my glasses. But, I don't know if there is an official lost and found clearinghouse for the entire Villages; and even if there were, not everyone (just like me, for example) in TV would know about it. So unless you know in general where you lost your keys, so that you can check at rec centers etc. in that area, I think your best bet is an ad in the lost and found section of the Daily Sun, just as would be done in another city, etc. I think most people would look there if they had found them. Or, maybe you'll get lucky and someone here on TOTV will have found them and contact you! Good luck.

(Hey Admins - Maybe TOTV should start a 'Lost and Found' forum and become known as the 'go to' place for missing/found things for TV).

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:56 PM

Thanks Freeda,

NBD (no big deal) Just house, mail box, and golf cart keys. Mail box it the only expensive one to replace.

I find stuff all the time on the street. I personally plan to take everything found to a regional rec center. If everyone else is in agreement that will make it easier for all of us to keep track of our stuff.

What say you, regional rec center?
Old 08-03-2011, 12:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
I have lost my keys. About 3 years ago I was told all found items should be turned in to Laurel Manor. Now there does not seem to be any one place or places where lost items are turned in. I don't know where to begin to check for my keys, regional rec centers, neighborhood rec centers, and or starter shack? Does anyone know if there is a procedure in place? I think it would be a good idea to turn everything found into a regional rec center. Thoughts and input please.
When I lost keys a few years back, I was told items are turned into the closest Rec Center, in my case Laurel Manor. And then if they're not claimed, they're sent to "Lost and Found" at Hacienda.

I went to Hacienda and they have barrels and buckets of stuff that people have left around, lots of reading glasses and sun glasses and yes, lots of car keys. No system or organization, just boxes and boxes of stuff. I gave up and replaced everything.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
When I lost keys a few years back, I was told items are turned into the closest Rec Center, in my case Laurel Manor. And then if they're not claimed, they're sent to "Lost and Found" at Hacienda.

I went to Hacienda and they have barrels and buckets of stuff that people have left around, lots of reading glasses and sun glasses and yes, lots of car keys. No system or organization, just boxes and boxes of stuff. I gave up and replaced everything.
Boxes and boxes of stuff? Those developers sound so much like they care about us. They didn't throw it out?

See? I bet they are nice if you meet them.

But no one has really met them.

I would like to meet them.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Default Lost Keys

I found a set of keys about a year ago and was at a loss to try and find a way to get them back to their owner. TOTV members said put a sign near the mail boxes to see if the owner could be located. This worked very well, the owner contacted me and keys returned. I would suggest you check mail boxes in the area's you were in the day you lost your keys.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Veteran member

I've been saying that now for a couple of years. There should be one place for "Lost & Found". If someone finds a lost item and wants to return it to the owner there is a problem of where to go and leave it and not have the owner run all over TV to find their lost item.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Platinum member

I left my umbrella on the train once. The station in downtown Chicago had a lost and found room. Among piles (no boxes!) of other stuff there had to be 7 gazillion umbrellas, all in a kind of heap. It was an overwhelming sight and a little funky smelling, too.
The poor guy monitoring it just told me to take one... any one.
With TV the size that it is, I'm not sure a central lost and found would be such a good thing after awhile.

For now I guess we just have to offer whatever assistance seems most logical at the time. Not much help, huh?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.