Linens and Things

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Default Linens and Things

According to the WSJ Linens and Things has just filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection!
Old 04-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Linens and Things

Hi, we were in the store yesterday and they are continuing to restock the shelves and create new displays.

If anyone has credits from the store, I would recommend using them.

HB
Old 04-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Dancing Thyme

The WSJ on line article, says: "Home Retailer Expected to File For Bankruptcy"

"Linens 'n Things Inc., a home-furnishings retailer caught by an increasing debt load and shrinking housing market, is expected to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy-court protection by Tuesday, several people familiar with the matter said."

Do we panic now or wait until Tuesday? I'm not a financial person, but I personally wouldn't panic yet. Such a shame, another sacrificial lamb due to the changing trends in the retail world. I'm sure our terrific economic problems currently did not help their situation.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Sage

More business for Bed Bath and Beyond
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 04-12-2008, 10:55 PM
Eternal Member

If you have a gift card, use it now!
Sharper Image filed recently, and it turns out that when you purchase a Gift Card, you are technically lending the store money. And guess what? You become one of the stores creditors as a result, and they don't have to honor the gift card!
Old 04-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Gold member

Take heed to the post on this thread just before mine: ABSOLUTELY use your gift cards or store credits at Linens 'N Things if you have any, and the sooner the better! We had credits that we used up as quickly as we could this past week. Whew!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.