Lot Sizes South of 44

Lot Sizes South of 44

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Lot Sizes South of 44
Old 06-21-2019, 08:57 PM

Default Lot Sizes South of 44

I have lived in the Villages for 12 years, 7 in Caroline and 5 in Pinellas. The “cottage” house in Caroline had enough room in the back to put in a small pool if desired (I didn’t) and the house in Pinellas has “kissing” Lanais.

The other day I took a ride to the Fenney, DeSoto and Marsh Bend areas and I could not believe how close the houses are to the street. It seems like the front yards are about 4 feet closer than in Caroline and Pinellas. We even drove through the premier section and it seems this big houses are on top of each other.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Old 06-21-2019, 09:36 PM
Veteran member

There have been no premier home built in CDD-12 (Fenney, DeSoto, McClure, Linden, Monarch Grove, Marsh Bend). Setbacks are still the same according to plans.
My Drone Flying YouTube Page
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2019, 09:38 PM
Gold member

Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaudit View Post
I have lived in the Villages for 12 years, 7 in Caroline and 5 in Pinellas. The “cottage” house in Caroline had enough room in the back to put in a small pool if desired (I didn’t) and the house in Pinellas has “kissing” Lanais.

The other day I took a ride to the Fenney, DeSoto and Marsh Bend areas and I could not believe how close the houses are to the street. It seems like the front yards are about 4 feet closer than in Caroline and Pinellas. We even drove through the premier section and it seems this big houses are on top of each other.

Has anyone else noticed this?
First, there are no premier sections south of 44 so I have no idea what you are referring to. The back yards are what counts, many of the homes have shorter front yards but great water view and golf front back yards. You have to go to some open houses to realize the serenity of many of these lots. We have a very good friend in the village of Caroline and he has no back yard at all, just another lanai right behind his.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:39 PM

Site map for MG shows most garage setbacks @ 10 or 12ft, and a few at 15 to 20ft.

Designer and cottage homes.

Last edited by Robbie0723; 06-21-2019 at 11:00 PM.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
There have been no premier home built in CDD-12 (Fenney, DeSoto, McClure, Linden, Monarch Grove, Marsh Bend). Setbacks are still the same according to plans.
We continue to be surprised that there are no Premier homes south of 44 as you say. We also agree with what the plans say about lot sizes. Nonetheless, we have driven along streets in the community south of 44 where the roads themselves seem very narrow, the curbing had an entirely different design, and the houses do all feel closer to you as you drive through. We don't know if there actually are differences - say from the center line of the roads to the front of the houses - but it certainly seemed that way to us.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:51 AM
Gold member

Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio

We are on a waterfront lot in Fenney and our driveway was long enough to park a 32' U-Pack truck trailer for unloading when we moved here. It did not stick out onto the road and as far as I can tell all of our neighbors have the same size driveway. I don't know where most driveways with a 10 or 12 ft. setback are located, maybe those are villas, come to think of it you couldn't parka a car in a 10 or 12 foot driveway. Maybe I don't understand what setback means.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:56 AM

We understand what the setback rules say but I can guarantee you that in most cases the lots are smaller. Went to many open houses down there and pulled into the driveway with my 4 door truck, you could barely fit in the driveway. My home in Pennecamp has room for truck and a car behind it. Backyard on water and golf course has room for a pool. Tell me how setbacks are all the same again!
Old 06-22-2019, 09:06 AM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Could look at county records to verify or dismiss.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:16 AM
Gold member

///
Old 06-22-2019, 10:58 AM
Gold member

Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

from my observation in 11/19/2017 post # 10 -> More Fenney-area Amenities

The houses as pictured on both sides of Spider Lily ST in Fenney have driveway lengths of about 25 FT. which is at least 6 feet shorter than mine and others on our street in Lake Deaton.
Dropbox - fenney3.jpg

The new builds on Heston PL, Leggett LN and other roads in this picture have driveway lengths of around 23 to 25 feet. So again, the widths between houses facing each other across the street are much less that I am accustomed to in Lake Deaton. The one green circle driveway has a length of about 28 feet.

Dropbox - fenney2.jpg

While I like a larger separation, it will not be a deal breaker for many.

Tags
pinellas, caroline, house, houses, yards