Lot Sizes South of 44

Closed Thread
Old 06-21-2019, 08:57 PM
Default Lot Sizes South of 44

I have lived in the Villages for 12 years, 7 in Caroline and 5 in Pinellas. The “cottage” house in Caroline had enough room in the back to put in a small pool if desired (I didn’t) and the house in Pinellas has “kissing” Lanais.

The other day I took a ride to the Fenney, DeSoto and Marsh Bend areas and I could not believe how close the houses are to the street. It seems like the front yards are about 4 feet closer than in Caroline and Pinellas. We even drove through the premier section and it seems this big houses are on top of each other.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 06-21-2019, 09:36 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,475 Times in 703 Posts

There have been no premier home built in CDD-12 (Fenney, DeSoto, McClure, Linden, Monarch Grove, Marsh Bend). Setbacks are still the same according to plans.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 06-21-2019, 09:38 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,286 Times in 1,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaudit View Post
I have lived in the Villages for 12 years, 7 in Caroline and 5 in Pinellas. The “cottage” house in Caroline had enough room in the back to put in a small pool if desired (I didn’t) and the house in Pinellas has “kissing” Lanais.

The other day I took a ride to the Fenney, DeSoto and Marsh Bend areas and I could not believe how close the houses are to the street. It seems like the front yards are about 4 feet closer than in Caroline and Pinellas. We even drove through the premier section and it seems this big houses are on top of each other.

Has anyone else noticed this?
First, there are no premier sections south of 44 so I have no idea what you are referring to. The back yards are what counts, many of the homes have shorter front yards but great water view and golf front back yards. You have to go to some open houses to realize the serenity of many of these lots. We have a very good friend in the village of Caroline and he has no back yard at all, just another lanai right behind his.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,205 Posts

Site map for MG shows most garage setbacks @ 10 or 12ft, and a few at 15 to 20ft.

Designer and cottage homes.

Last edited by Altavia; 06-21-2019 at 11:00 PM.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
There have been no premier home built in CDD-12 (Fenney, DeSoto, McClure, Linden, Monarch Grove, Marsh Bend). Setbacks are still the same according to plans.
We continue to be surprised that there are no Premier homes south of 44 as you say. We also agree with what the plans say about lot sizes. Nonetheless, we have driven along streets in the community south of 44 where the roads themselves seem very narrow, the curbing had an entirely different design, and the houses do all feel closer to you as you drive through. We don't know if there actually are differences - say from the center line of the roads to the front of the houses - but it certainly seemed that way to us.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:51 AM
Sage

We are on a waterfront lot in Fenney and our driveway was long enough to park a 32' U-Pack truck trailer for unloading when we moved here. It did not stick out onto the road and as far as I can tell all of our neighbors have the same size driveway. I don't know where most driveways with a 10 or 12 ft. setback are located, maybe those are villas, come to think of it you couldn't parka a car in a 10 or 12 foot driveway. Maybe I don't understand what setback means.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:56 AM

We understand what the setback rules say but I can guarantee you that in most cases the lots are smaller. Went to many open houses down there and pulled into the driveway with my 4 door truck, you could barely fit in the driveway. My home in Pennecamp has room for truck and a car behind it. Backyard on water and golf course has room for a pool. Tell me how setbacks are all the same again!
Old 06-22-2019, 09:06 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Could look at county records to verify or dismiss.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:16 AM
Platinum member

///
Old 06-22-2019, 10:58 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

from my observation in 11/19/2017 post # 10 -> More Fenney-area Amenities

The houses as pictured on both sides of Spider Lily ST in Fenney have driveway lengths of about 25 FT. which is at least 6 feet shorter than mine and others on our street in Lake Deaton.
Dropbox - fenney3.jpg

The new builds on Heston PL, Leggett LN and other roads in this picture have driveway lengths of around 23 to 25 feet. So again, the widths between houses facing each other across the street are much less that I am accustomed to in Lake Deaton. The one green circle driveway has a length of about 28 feet.

Dropbox - fenney2.jpg

While I like a larger separation, it will not be a deal breaker for many.
Old 06-22-2019, 11:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,706 Posts

The area looks more and more like townhomes as compared to detached houses. On the other hand, the less non house area you have the less you have to take care of. If you were living in a condo the house walls would be touching. I think these homes are built to be more affordable than the previously built ones.
Old 06-22-2019, 12:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
from my observation in 11/19/2017 post # 10 -> More Fenney-area Amenities

The houses as pictured on both sides of Spider Lily ST in Fenney have driveway lengths of about 25 FT. which is at least 6 feet shorter than mine and others on our street in Lake Deaton.
Dropbox - fenney3.jpg

The new builds on Heston PL, Leggett LN and other roads in this picture have driveway lengths of around 23 to 25 feet. So again, the widths between houses facing each other across the street are much less that I am accustomed to in Lake Deaton. The one green circle driveway has a length of about 28 feet.

Dropbox - fenney2.jpg

While I like a larger separation, it will not be a deal breaker for many.
One good thing is you can save a few hundred if you end up getting pavers put down.
Old 06-22-2019, 12:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
The area looks more and more like townhomes as compared to detached houses. On the other hand, the less non house area you have the less you have to take care of. If you were living in a condo the house walls would be touching. I think these homes are built to be more affordable than the previously built ones.
There are homes in every price range down here. Lots going from $15,000 to well into the $200,000 + range and not on a golf course, McClure has an Ivy model on the golf course, no pool, $726,000.00, there have been a few re-sales in Fenney that sold for well over $600,000 with and without pools and no golf course views. That being said there are also a lot of nice homes under $200,000. Another thing I have noticed is there are a lot of Vilas going up in the 3 newest villages.
Old 06-22-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
There was a section we drove through that had pavers on the streets and streetlight that were like those in the premier neighborhoods. They sure looked like premier homes. Maybe there have been none sold but I believe they are under construction and they are very close to each other. This post was not made to be critical, just to post an observation which apparently had been made before.

Last edited by iaudit; 06-22-2019 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-22-2019, 02:08 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,300 Times in 536 Posts

Quote:
True abou no Premier homes south of State Rt. 44. The driveways, however, are at least 4’ To 5’ shorter than the driveways north of 44 for the designer type homes. I live in LaBelle and I can put one car behind another in the driveway (4 cars if necessary) and so can other residents. That is not the case south of State Rt 44 in Fenney, DeSota, Marsh Bend and other Villages.

Tags
pinellas, caroline, house, houses, yards

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.