Lot Sizes South of 44

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2019, 02:14 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaudit View Post
There was a section we drove through that had pavers on the streets and streetlight that were like those in the premier neighborhoods. They sure looked like premier homes. Maybe there have been none sold but I believe they are under construction and they are very close to each other. This post was not made to be critical, just to post an observation which apparently had been made before.
Those particular lots are not premiers and they are all sold and were priced between $200,00 and $300,000, there are several homes on that street already occupied and they are all designers. It's a very nice street.
Old 06-22-2019, 04:53 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

We have a lot in Monarch Grove that is on a curve .. so the lot is somewhat pie shaped.. The setbacks are "minimum" so the house will be pushed back to accomplish two things: driveway length and widening of house / garage. We'll see in a couple weeks how that will look. Still have loads of room in back. South of 44 isn't the only area of shortened driveways: I've noticed plenty below 466A
Old 06-22-2019, 08:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,691 Times in 1,206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by valuemkt View Post
We have a lot in Monarch Grove that is on a curve .. so the lot is somewhat pie shaped.. The setbacks are "minimum" so the house will be pushed back to accomplish two things: driveway length and widening of house / garage. We'll see in a couple weeks how that will look. Still have loads of room in back. South of 44 isn't the only area of shortened driveways: I've noticed plenty below 466A
Wasn't aware the setback was minimum so good news there - thanks!

I'm on lot 96, adjacent to the clump of trees at the Regan Rd intersection.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:20 AM

If you actually built your house on a plot of land in Fenney, you may be able to stretch your house front to back and side to side to make it a premier house if you have the land to do it.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigirl View Post
If you actually built your house on a plot of land in Fenney, you may be able to stretch your house front to back and side to side to make it a premier house if you have the land to do it.
You would have to stretch the roof up too. Premieres have 12-foot ceilings. Designers have 10-foot ceilings.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:20 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,428 Posts

A stretched out designer is still a designer not a premier.
Old 06-23-2019, 01:22 PM
Default lot size

I always thought that our home in Gilchrist had a long long driveway but we were real close to the neighbors behind us. I would have liked to have our home pushed forward and left more space behind the house.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:27 PM

Technically, yes. Our house was greatly increased in square footage so according to a realtor in The Villages, could sell in the future in the Premiere range. It doesn't even look like the original design and is very unique. However, we are not looking to sell anytime soon.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Age old real estate advice: Buy low in a high neighborhood, not the other way around.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:52 PM
Gold member

I don't think the appropriate way to judge the size of a lot is by how long its driveway is. Our driveway is not all that long, it might accommodate 4 cars but our lot size is almost 9000 sq ft.
Old 07-02-2019, 02:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaudit View Post
There was a section we drove through that had pavers on the streets and streetlight that were like those in the premier neighborhoods. They sure looked like premier homes. Maybe there have been none sold but I believe they are under construction and they are very close to each other. This post was not made to be critical, just to post an observation which apparently had been made before.
Do you know the name of the street and/or village you are talking about? Thanks.
Old 07-02-2019, 03:21 PM

One thing that may be impacting your perception is that spec homes are typically now built to maximize the available space on the lots. So, if a golf cart garage can be expanded to a 3rd car garage and/or the house can be stretched a couple of feet, they do it. My Veranda lot is several feet deeper than some others, and all Verandas are spec built, so my garage is extended forward a couple of feet and my lanai was expanded back a couple of feet, because there was extra room to do it. Doing this house after house, in some cases, will make them appear closer together. Why? Because expanding them makes them closer together. It's not the size of the lots, it's the size of the homes on the lots.
Old 07-02-2019, 05:51 PM

We just moved to the New Hampton Verandas in McClure and we love it. We had a pool at 2 different homes in Tampa for 40 years. Our Villages critera" no pool, minimal maintenance,fenced back yard for privacy, 3 car garage. All of our criteria were met in our new home. All 83 Verandas in McClure have been sold, but there are a few in in Marsh Bend and Linden - and they are going fast. Using the system of tunnels, we can use our golf cart to go to Riverbend Recreation Center, the new Everglades Regional Rec Center and Magnolia Plaza when it is completed. Eventually, we will be able to go to Brownwood, too. We are done with having a lot of property and a pool. We just want to have fun.
Old 07-02-2019, 05:55 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY
Default boudreau circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishJW View Post
Do you know the name of the street and/or village you are talking about? Thanks.
EnglishJW, I believe it is in the village of marsh bend and named Boudreau circle
Old 07-02-2019, 06:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne and Mike View Post
We just moved to the New Hampton Verandas in McClure and we love it. We had a pool at 2 different homes in Tampa for 40 years. Our Villages critera" no pool, minimal maintenance,fenced back yard for privacy, 3 car garage. All of our criteria were met in our new home. All 83 Verandas in McClure have been sold, but there are a few in in Marsh Bend and Linden - and they are going fast. Using the system of tunnels, we can use our golf cart to go to Riverbend Recreation Center, the new Everglades Regional Rec Center and Magnolia Plaza when it is completed. Eventually, we will be able to go to Brownwood, too. We are done with having a lot of property and a pool. We just want to have fun.
Everyone has a different perspective. I would not live here without a pool. The birdcage keeps it very clean and T&D comes every week to test the water and add chemicals, vacuum, clean the filter and scrub the tiles. Only 115 a month and I have a private oasis.

Last edited by JSR22; 07-03-2019 at 05:54 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
pinellas, caroline, house, houses, yards

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.