CHAT ROOM??

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2007, 07:23 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Default CHAT ROOM??

Is it possible to put something on the site that will alert people to other people in the chat room? I am always signing in and out, only to find no one in there..Maybe a light blinking??Or a green light when there is a chat going..

I know there is that small box on the home page, but that does not seem to work too well for me..

I read a post yesterday, where there was a person looking in chat, only to find no one..
Just a thought :dontknow:

~Donna~

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 08-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: CHAT ROOM??

:joke: Oh geesh Donna, I gotta tell you everything and I see you didn't pay attention to me the other night
Now open "talk of the villages" with your browser and click "chat" if no one is there then minimize that window and open a new browser window and go where u want in "talk of the villages". Wait theres more........ leave your speaker volume up so that you can hear the melody when someone enters the chat room. Minimize what you were doing and maximize the chatroom. I did this last night and saw about 8 people come in the room and leave without saying a word so I spent an hour or so in there and went to bed with a complex thinking no one wants to talk with me :realmad:
However its your turn tonight to play hostess and teach the newbies cause you were voted in to do that job (see posts) BE THERE OR BE SQUARE
Mr. Handie :joke:
PS: I'll bet they dont get stage fright when your hosting :bigthumbsup:
Old 08-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Listen Handi...Lots of people are not as educated about computers...It is hard enough for them to get into the chat room, let alone minimizing the chat window...

I am trying to make it easy on THEM...You silly!

I know what to do, to hear newcomers to chat...BUT they do not...

We need something to let them know people are in the room..They obviously don't know to look at the bottom right... :dontknow:

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 08-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Veteran member

Guess she told me? huh? :redface:
handie :joke:

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.