Lots of trash

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoops View Post
I don't know about you but I have always enjoyed riding around in my golf cart and taking in all of the beautiful landscaping we have here in TV. But lately I have been disappointed when I see empty beer cans, water bottles and other trash in the greenspace and flower beds.

Over the weekend, I went to Brownwood for the craft show and had to drive around the parking lot to look for a parking space. Imagine my shock when someone from the car in front of me proceeded to step out of his car and throw some paper on the ground. My husband had to hold me back from yelling out something obscene to this person. While his car did not have Florida tags, I don't want to be judgemental. I just don't like people bringing their bad habits to 'my house'. If you have some trash, keep it in your car or golf cart and throw it out when you get home.

I don't pay good money to live in this beautiful place just to have a clod throw trash around. Please be respectful where ever you may live.
I would have picked it up and said "I believe you accidently dropped this" and handed it back to the person. That way is not confrontational but does provide a lesson.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Gold member

BTW, walking and picking up trash is great exercise. We do it now and plan to continue when we become frogs this year. May be a good idea to form neighborhood clubs for walkers who could meet early morning once a week to adopt a public area to clean and then continue to brunch social after.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Location: Ft. Lauderdale - New Castle,PA - Overland Park, KS - Palm Bay, FL - Village of Charlotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman911 View Post
I would have picked it up and said "I believe you accidently dropped this" and handed it back to the person. That way is not confrontational but does provide a lesson.
Great response. I'll be sure to use it next time. The worst part about this story is that the man threw the trash out right in front of 3 kids that got out of the car as well. Sadly his is a poor role model for those kids.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.