Lots of trash

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-01-2013, 10:35 AM
Scoops Scoops is offline
Member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ft. Lauderdale - New Castle,PA - Overland Park, KS - Palm Bay, FL - Village of Charlotte
Posts: 97
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Lots of trash

I don't know about you but I have always enjoyed riding around in my golf cart and taking in all of the beautiful landscaping we have here in TV. But lately I have been disappointed when I see empty beer cans, water bottles and other trash in the greenspace and flower beds.

Over the weekend, I went to Brownwood for the craft show and had to drive around the parking lot to look for a parking space. Imagine my shock when someone from the car in front of me proceeded to step out of his car and throw some paper on the ground. My husband had to hold me back from yelling out something obscene to this person. While his car did not have Florida tags, I don't want to be judgemental. I just don't like people bringing their bad habits to 'my house'. If you have some trash, keep it in your car or golf cart and throw it out when you get home.

I don't pay good money to live in this beautiful place just to have a clod throw trash around. Please be respectful where ever you may live.
  #2  
Old 04-01-2013, 10:39 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 38,781
Thanks: 3,604
Thanked 3,531 Times in 1,229 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default It's Spring Break.

We have lots of "company" these few weeks around Easter and Spring break.

Us grown ups who own here are just as proud as you are and feel equally as disappointed when we see debris left by people who don't love this clean, beautiful place.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #3  
Old 04-01-2013, 10:58 AM
ilovetv ilovetv is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,101
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Good grief. It's been taught in school since way back in the 1960s that you don't throw trash on the ground, and usually there is a fine for littering.

Those who did that at Brownwood are just slobs. They probably hate TV because it has "strident" rules, like no littering nor urinating in public.
  #4  
Old 04-01-2013, 11:22 AM
rjm1cc's Avatar
rjm1cc rjm1cc is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,984
Thanks: 55
Thanked 196 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Just look along almost any road and you will see a lot of trash. Don't understand why people think they should throw the trash on the roadway instead of taking it home and putting it in a trash can.
  #5  
Old 04-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Mikeod's Avatar
Mikeod Mikeod is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Caroline
Posts: 5,021
Thanks: 0
Thanked 48 Times in 26 Posts
Default

It happens this time of year. A couple of years ago around March/April we were sitting in our lanai which backs up to a cart path along Morse when two young females were walking along the path. They finished their soft drinks and tossed the empty cans into the shrubs along the path. Could not believe it. The overwhelming majority of people here during high season are considerate of our community. The few that aren't will be gone soon.
  #6  
Old 04-01-2013, 12:36 PM
JB in TV JB in TV is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 643
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

OK you got me started...what about people who would never think about throwing "trash" out of their car window, but don't hesitate for a second to throw a cigarette butt out?
  #7  
Old 04-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Warren Kiefer Warren Kiefer is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,418
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Cool Thash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoops View Post
I don't know about you but I have always enjoyed riding around in my golf cart and taking in all of the beautiful landscaping we have here in TV. But lately I have been disappointed when I see empty beer cans, water bottles and other trash in the greenspace and flower beds.

Over the weekend, I went to Brownwood for the craft show and had to drive around the parking lot to look for a parking space. Imagine my shock when someone from the car in front of me proceeded to step out of his car and throw some paper on the ground. My husband had to hold me back from yelling out something obscene to this person. While his car did not have Florida tags, I don't want to be judgemental. I just don't like people bringing their bad habits to 'my house'. If you have some trash, keep it in your car or golf cart and throw it out when you get home.

I don't pay good money to live in this beautiful place just to have a clod throw trash around. Please be respectful where ever you may live.


The worse areas at this time are around the ponds. As the water recedes from the normal shore line, it leaves a great amount of bottles and cans. The common area behind Freedom Point for example, is a popular gathering spot for Villagers and all along that receded shore line is a great amount of trash. When the water level returns to normal this trash will be mostly in the edge of the pond. I wish I knew who would see that this pond is cleaned up while that normal shore line is high and dry.
  #8  
Old 04-01-2013, 01:04 PM
ewstanley's Avatar
ewstanley ewstanley is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Villages
Posts: 238
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I walk in the mornings and pick up a lot of trash. I have started to bring a bag with me along with my dog waste bag. I always find something to pick up. It has gotten a lot worse lately.
  #9  
Old 04-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Cantwaittoarrive Cantwaittoarrive is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 895
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I see some trash from time to time but I don't see anymore trash in TV then I see anywhere else, actually I'm always amazed when I see these treads about trash in TV. I think TV is one of the cleanest communities from what I have witnessed.
  #10  
Old 04-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,758
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1,392 Times in 661 Posts
Default

Today and tomorrow the mowing crews will be out and the trash from the holiday weekend will be gone. Or at least from the flower beds.
  #11  
Old 04-01-2013, 03:13 PM
rubicon rubicon is offline
Email Reported As Spam
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,699
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default

This is the second thread I've read on the subject of trash in TV. At least this time people are actually admitting it is problem and that the problem is deliberate. That was not the case in the former thread. The state of this situation is telling because it really became noticeable about three years ago.
  #12  
Old 04-01-2013, 03:26 PM
justjim justjim is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Posts: 4,810
Thanks: 58
Thanked 565 Times in 213 Posts
Default The world is their trash can

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewstanley View Post
I walk in the mornings and pick up a lot of trash. I have started to bring a bag with me along with my dog waste bag. I always find something to pick up. It has gotten a lot worse lately.
Lets face facts. There are people who think the whole world is their trash can. It's a learned behavior. When you pull up to an intersection, look at all the cigarette butts. As a general rule, TV itself is cleaner than most places----that is one reason that I reside here!
__________________
Most people are as happy as they make up their mind to be. Abraham Lincoln
  #13  
Old 04-01-2013, 03:32 PM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 38,781
Thanks: 3,604
Thanked 3,531 Times in 1,229 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
This is the second thread I've read on the subject of trash in TV. At least this time people are actually admitting it is problem and that the problem is deliberate. That was not the case in the former thread. The state of this situation is telling because it really became noticeable about three years ago.
I am not noticing a problem. Just in the last couple of weeks when we have families visiting do I see plastic bottles and paper debris more. Also around construction areas, contractors will throw things out. I think the unseen forces that clean the streets and common areas do a better job than anywhere I have ever been.

I blame non owners...ALWAYS for the thrown out items...and If this makes me sound like an old person, You betcha.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #14  
Old 04-01-2013, 03:43 PM
NoMoSno NoMoSno is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 847
Thanks: 54
Thanked 88 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoops View Post
My husband had to hold me back from yelling out something obscene to this person.
I think your husband should let you speak your mind...

Maybe these people will think twice, next time...
  #15  
Old 04-01-2013, 03:44 PM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 38,781
Thanks: 3,604
Thanked 3,531 Times in 1,229 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

We are going to sign Scoops right up with the squirt gun posse.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 AM.