Loud Music on Bacall golf course

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Default Loud Music on Bacall golf course

Anyone unlucky enough to be living near the corner house on hole 8 of Bacall?
We played there today and I couldn't believe the volume of the music coming from that house! We could even hear it on Canal Street. I really pity their neighbours.

Come to think of it, last year when we were here the same house had music playing really loudly too and we heard that on Canal then. I don't think it is the very last house on the left hand side, but may be the 2nd last house on the 8th hole. Maybe the owner is deaf!
Old 12-22-2009, 07:36 AM
Veteran member

We haven't heard the noise on that course, but we've heard tremendously loud noise on Glenview golf course from someone playing their television. We could hear it at least 300 yards away. I too felt sorry for their neighbors. Hard to understand why some people are so discourteous.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:19 AM
Platinum member
Default Just Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taj44 View Post
We haven't heard the noise on that course, but we've heard tremendously loud noise on Glenview golf course from someone playing their television. We could hear it at least 300 yards away. I too felt sorry for their neighbors. Hard to understand why some people are so discourteous.
Perhaps they have a hearing problem and don't realize that it is that loud. Maybe someone should talk to them before just complaining. Some people talk really loud without realizing it, too, because to them it is not loud.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 12-22-2009, 12:53 PM

I heard it a couple of weeks ago but I thought since it was Christmas songs that they were just playing it that loud for the entertainment of us golfers. I did wonder about the neighbors thoughts on the volume of the music but I couldn't hear it from my house in Bonita so I figured it's for them to figure out.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:03 PM
Veteran member

I posted this a few days back. This guy plays Christmas music at full volume and then when the season is over he puts it on OPERA. If you chat with the Ambassadors, they say the same and nothing more. I'm not sure who this is but the stories vary from someone who hates golfers to someone who is just stupid. I would think that some sort of formal complaint should be made to the police and take it from there. This is a very selfish individual who needs to be stopped...friendliest home town in Florida or not.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 12-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Default I would have called the police

immediately if not sooner if I were unlucky enough to be their neighbor.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Default Opera

Yes- it's Opera we were getting the other day!
Old 12-22-2009, 07:52 PM

Where I'm from in New Joisey, we had a name for people like that--------------(use your imagination)
Old 12-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Veteran member

Yes, well I am using my imagination. I find this very strange that this action doesn't violate a deed restriction, but I guess it doesn't as long as it is between 10PM and one hour before daylight.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:59 AM

Not sure about why owner is doing this BUT with windows/doors closed and a whole house speaker system including patio, I have been guilty of forgetting the outside speaker was on and did not realize I was playing music for everyone around us. Is it possible this is the situation?
Dont know, just saying......maybe.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbrennan View Post
Anyone unlucky enough to be living near the corner house on hole 8 of Bacall?
We played there today and I couldn't believe the volume of the music coming from that house! We could even hear it on Canal Street. I really pity their neighbours.

Come to think of it, last year when we were here the same house had music playing really loudly too and we heard that on Canal then. I don't think it is the very last house on the left hand side, but may be the 2nd last house on the 8th hole. Maybe the owner is deaf!
How can Deaf hear music? Does Deaf have Stereo? ROTFLOL (Rolling on the floor laughing out loud)! Won't be a horse sense to have the courtesy to come to the house and to notify the resident about loud noise? That is what the friendliest town for!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.