In love with new T.V's

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2015, 06:45 PM
Gold member
Default In love with new T.V's

Geek squad arrived today to install new HD ultra 4k TV's! Direct TV came other day. OMG the clarity of these TVs are so beautiful!! If in the market for a new TV go to best buy and take a look at the Samsung 4k TV. Although you can't get much in 4k yet, its coming. We utubed a video in 4k and believe me once you see it, there's no going back! You won't want to leave your home which could be a bad thing. Lol
Old 06-07-2015, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

I will hold my breath on getting any content for these sets for a long time. here is the basic problem, the entire infrastructure, from the cameras, to the studio editing equipment, to the storage equipment, to the transmission equipment all need to be upgraded to handle the bandwidth required for the 4K televisions. I jumped in when Beta was introduced (OK I am dating my self), and when 3D was introduced. Beta died even with better resolution cue to PRICE, 3D appears to be on life support due to production costs(?), so I use the set in 2D mode. I agree with OP the pictures are great, but I am going to wait for content to be widely available before even considering one of these.
Just MHO. Please enjoy your set, just don't be too disappointed if it takes years for content to become available.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:01 AM
Gold member

The speed in which technology is moving we figure 4k will be here before you know it. The TV is still so beautiful its worth it. We can utube certain videos in 4k and they are relaxing and absolutely beautiful to look at. Two couples we are friends with just purchased the Samsung 4ks and like us are in love with them. Its definitely the wave of the future so we are one step ahead
Old 06-07-2015, 09:19 AM
Veteran member

I've looked at them and they are awesome. My current Sony is 7 years old and on its last legs. When it goes I will buy 4k ultra. I also like the slight curve which provides a wider viewing angle
Old 06-07-2015, 11:47 AM
Location: Village of Dunedin, Keller Tx, Tulsa Ok, Chicago Il, Milwaukee Wi

AFAIK curved TVs provide only one advantage, glare reduction if you have a bright room.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgcsooner View Post
AFAIK curved TVs provide only one advantage, glare reduction if you have a bright room.
I find the curved TV's actually have more glare than the flat. I look at both TVs next to each other while in the stores and the curved TVs always seem to have more glare. Maybe it is different when the TV is in a smaller room such as your home.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We have three new Samsungs. I read that they could be watching us.

We keep a blanket ready to throw over the set if needed.

Can your "smart TV" watch you? - CBS News
Old 06-07-2015, 04:15 PM
Gold member

My girlfriend just purchased the curved for her entertainment center and loves it!
Old 06-07-2015, 04:26 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

Flat screen television, HD, smart television and now 4k. Wow---and the grandkids watching on their Cell phones. It's difficult to keep up.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:53 AM
Default 4k tv

We too bought a 65 inch 4K Curved Samsung (HH Greg) in Ocala and couldn't be happier. We are having Ken's Antenna's from Marion Flea Market install our antenna as we have dropped "Cable" and couldn't be happier with Netflix while saving a bundle and Netflix also has some 4K movies and it's truly stunning. Also you will find if you get a Samsung Blu Ray ((WiFi) player (aprox $60) you can get You Tube (which also has a lot of 4K movies) as well as Hulu, Netflix and a lot of other Free (Fox) channels. (( Also the "blu ray" movies are awesome on this TV ))

We also bought a "Go Pro" camera (4k) and went to Honduras last month for our anniversary and as the Go Pro is "waterproof" took some "spectacular" movies of our snorkeling excursion and played it back on our 4K TV.

Glad to live in the age of these new and ever changing "toys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
Geek squad arrived today to install new HD ultra 4k TV's! Direct TV came other day. OMG the clarity of these TVs are so beautiful!! If in the market for a new TV go to best buy and take a look at the Samsung 4k TV. Although you can't get much in 4k yet, its coming. We utubed a video in 4k and believe me once you see it, there's no going back! You won't want to leave your home which could be a bad thing. Lol

Last edited by snowbird22154; 06-09-2015 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:42 PM

Its getting harder to buy a new TV thats not 4K, but the 4K standards aren't settled yet, particularly with respect to a feature called high dynamic range (which vastly improves the picture quality). So beware, if you opt for a 4K set now you may regret it in a year or two when the HDR-capable models appear.
--
bc
Old 06-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

OH why does this sound like VHS versus Betamax. I am going to sit here with my popcorn and my existing TV and wait for the dust to settle......
Old 06-11-2015, 03:50 PM

Good idea. My advice would be if you are considering a 4K tv but don't need one right away, wait a year. The new standards should be firmed up by then.
--
bc
Closed Thread

Tags
tvs, video, utubed, coming, bad, lol, thing, home, back, leave, love, omg, day, geek, clarity, ultra, today, arrived, squad, direct, buy, samsung, beautiful, market, t.vs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.