Lovin' The Lifestyle

Closed Thread
Old 07-08-2020, 11:41 AM
Smile Lovin' The Lifestyle

I'm originally from, LI, NY. I've been living in The Villages for 4 years now and I am overwhelmingly grateful that I live here. My neighbors are so loving and kind and this is exactly how I wanted my retirement to be (I always dreamed of living in Disney World). To live among like minded people who grew up with the same values and was taught to say "please" and "thank you" as children! When I first arrived, I even had neighbors that brought to my door, a plate of home made chocolate chip cookies! Now who could ask for anything better than that? When I slipped and broke my hip last year, my neighbors came to see me in the hospital and rehab facility that I was in for a month. When I came home, neighbors brought me meals and even helped me by changing sheets on my bed and vacuuming and mopping my floors! Now I'm back on my feet and able to drive and I couldn't be more happy living here in The Villages. I have had a few of my Friends from out of state call and ask if I was okay because of the recent occurrence involving the man in the golf cart and the protesters. I relieved their fears, by telling them that there are over 100,000 residents here and those few were just caught up in the heat of the moment, escalated by being cooped up too long because of COVID-19. Regardless, moving here is one of the best decisions I ever made in my life! So glad to be here my fellow Villagers!
Old 07-08-2020, 11:49 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesa View Post
I'm originally from, LI, NY. I've been living in The Villages for 4 years now and I am overwhelmingly grateful that I live here. My neighbors are so loving and kind and this is exactly how I wanted my retirement to be (I always dreamed of living in Disney World). To live among like minded people who grew up with the same values and was taught to say "please" and "thank you" as children! When I first arrived, I even had neighbors that brought to my door, a plate of home made chocolate chip cookies! Now who could ask for anything better than that? When I slipped and broke my hip last year, my neighbors came to see me in the hospital and rehab facility that I was in for a month. When I came home, neighbors brought me meals and even helped me by changing sheets on my bed and vacuuming and mopping my floors! Now I'm back on my feet and able to drive and I couldn't be more happy living here in The Villages. I have had a few of my Friends from out of state call and ask if I was okay because of the recent occurrence involving the man in the golf cart and the protesters. I relieved their fears, by telling them that there are over 100,000 residents here and those few were just caught up in the heat of the moment, escalated by being cooped up too long because of COVID-19. Regardless, moving here is one of the best decisions I ever made in my life! So glad to be here my fellow Villagers!
Thank you for telling it like it is. This may not make the news as it is not shocking and will not provoke an attention getting headline as it is good news and reflects what life in The Villager is truly like.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 07-08-2020 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,939 Times in 5,278 Posts

Wish we could enjoy all the things we came here for but it will come back.

Stay healthy
Old 07-08-2020, 05:05 PM
John41

Your friends are watching the wrong networks. The crime rate here is very low. We love it here. Glad you’re happy too.
Old 07-08-2020, 06:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,939 Times in 5,278 Posts

Hmm we never got choolate chip cookies when we moved here in Feb.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:45 PM
Veteran member

Thanks for the sunny and optimistic post!

Rate This Thread = Excellent
Old 07-09-2020, 04:40 AM

Quote:
After living in New York, living anywhere would be pleasurable
Old 07-09-2020, 05:03 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,846 Times in 778 Posts

Thank you for your lovely testimony and for being part of the family.

Quote:
Old 07-09-2020, 05:22 AM
Smile Glad to be a part of TV

Quote:
We have been here for 2 years (Fenney) and have NO regrets. Great neighbors who would not hesitate to do things to help each other. I also love the fact that we are from all over - makes life that much richer.
Old 07-09-2020, 06:11 AM

Treesa, great thread. I feel the same way. We have great neighbors and friends. We have so many good things here in the Villages to be thankful for.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:14 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,772 Times in 512 Posts

Quote:
Great message, and one I support. If only the very small group of 1 percenters who gripe and bitch about EVERYTHING would stop, this would be paradise.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:21 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,772 Times in 512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryl View Post
You a living in a fantasy world not everyone I villages is nice
Got that from your previous posts that you are moving away.

Curious, given that you are determined to leave, why even follow TOTV? Seems like the positive news would only serve to agitate you.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:
You are totally correct!!!!
Old 07-09-2020, 07:38 AM

So glad you are feeling better. Yes having wonderful neighbors is what got me through some rough times. Where on Long Island are you from. We lived in Lindenhurst.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:50 AM

Hmmm . . . As a recent Yankee transplant, I too missed the cookies... However, my neighbors delivered chocolate covered strawberries instead and helped move & assemble furniture, and loaned their hand tools. As anywhere else, there is the occasional human alligator with moronic plandemic beliefs that are vastly offset by spectacular sunsets, abundant birds/wildlife, smiling street walkers/cyclists, and happy golfers.
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, living, home, live, made

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.